PDA

View Full Version : Gecko Region Free V1.3! - Region Free Gaming On Wii

wraggster
April 23rd, 2008, 16:15
Nuke (http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286) has released a new version of his Region Free Gaming Loader for Wii

v1.3 Fixed 'Insert Disc' Problem which alot of users were having (thanks crediar for spotting my error). Increased compatability. Added cheat engine and extra remote debugging tools, so can use with the included Gecko Client!.

DOL included this time also

Post Your Compatability Reports in the Gecko Region Free - Region Free Gaming On Wii Compatability List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107440)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

____anders____
April 23rd, 2008, 17:41
does this work without the gecko?
just the TP hack, does it work with homebrew channel?

does it work with SSBB?

Sult4n
April 23rd, 2008, 17:55
SSBB support would be great..dont wanna wait til June to buy it :(

linkinworm
April 23rd, 2008, 18:08
SSBB support would be great..dont wanna wait til June to buy it :( im pretty sure this has fixed SSBB, there was an error that crashed your wii, it seems to have been addressed on one line of code i think something around 0x80000000 something like that

porchemasi
April 23rd, 2008, 20:03
too bad this cant be made into a Wii Channel!

____anders____
April 23rd, 2008, 23:02
hmm, i'm gonna try it now with SSBB..

EDIT: it didn't work:(
maybe cus i used the homebrew channel and the MAG Loader?
the WII crashed, but i'm gonna use my datel freeloader until this get updated..

misticknight
April 24th, 2008, 00:21
it worked for me bt i'm using the NTSC-U version on a PAL console so maybe thats whydunno if your using the same.

KuLeD00d
April 24th, 2008, 06:54
Thanks a bunch Nuke, now we can all happily cheat the **** out of all our Nintendo Wii games online against each other! Perma 1% HP Brawl Fight, anyone?

If you hadn't implemented the cheat engine, this would have been great. Now don't get me wrong, cheat codes have their place (Getting all Yu-Gi-Oh! cards in their games, you got them what, 5 times? You don't need to do it another 13!) But with this, we're going to have hacking on Nintendo Wii online games.

So essentially you yourself have killed Super Smash Bros Brawl before its even finished being released globally, You've killed Mario Kart Wii before it's released globally. And you've promoted cheating for any Online games that will be out in the future.

____anders____
April 25th, 2008, 13:27
it worked for me bt i'm using the NTSC-U version on a PAL console so maybe thats whydunno if your using the same.

i'm using the same, SSBB NTSC-U on a PAL console.
but it's a backup, somaybe that's why, do you use a backup or the original?