PDA

View Full Version : Genesis/Sega CD Emulators for Wii Compatability List

wraggster
April 23rd, 2008, 23:37
Please Help other newcomers and old users by posting what games work on each release of each version of Genesis/Sega CD Emulators for the Nintendo Wii.

Please start via comments and also detailing which version of the many Genesis/Sega CD Emulators you used.

metalhead1816
April 28th, 2008, 04:48
I was trying to play the punisher and x-men 2 clone wars and both would lose music and then freeze up and just go to a screen with weird letters and I have to turn off the wii at that point because it wont go work otherwise.

Jmastan
August 5th, 2008, 20:50
I was trying to play the punisher and x-men 2 clone wars and both would lose music and then freeze up and just go to a screen with weird letters and I have to turn off the wii at that point because it wont go work otherwise.

I tried to get Sonic CD to work but all I got was a bunch of werid numbers too

idamo
August 30th, 2008, 10:57
hi there shining force cd joes out big time when i try run it lol

kevenz
September 17th, 2008, 23:38
I don't think sega cd is supported yet.

I really want it mainly for shining force cd, it's the only one of the serie I haven't played.

VampDude
September 18th, 2008, 04:23
I don't think sega cd is supported yet.

I really want it mainly for shining force cd, it's the only one of the serie I haven't played.

I hope you are going to purchase it, because playing a game you don't own is against the law (except if rented or borrowed from a friend or relative). :cool:

wed5366
December 23rd, 2008, 18:21
got sonic cd to work but sonic had the number 9 on him .very slow!!!!

eke-eke
January 19th, 2009, 13:38
I didn't notice this thread before but I can tell you there is no sega cd support in Genesis Plus GX, so, really, it's not worth trying your isos collection for now :p

link11510
May 27th, 2009, 15:11
I didn't notice this thread before but I can tell you there is no sega cd support in Genesis Plus GX, so, really, it's not worth trying your isos collection for now :p

Is the sega cd support available now?

Starscream
May 27th, 2009, 15:24
No.

link11510
May 27th, 2009, 16:34
Ok, then is there an emulator (i don't care which one) that plays sega cd? I really don't mind if its half-assed or not stable

Starscream
May 27th, 2009, 21:39
On the Wii/GC not, no.

metaXzero
June 27th, 2009, 10:33
I have some questions.

Why does the title continue to say Sega CD when it's not compatible? And are their ANY plans anywhere for Sega CD emulation on Wii? Their is already a Saturn one, yet nothing for Sega CD? :(

VampDude
June 27th, 2009, 12:06
I have some questions.

Why does the title continue to say Sega CD when it's not compatible? And are there ANY plans anywhere for Sega CD emulation on Wii? There is already a Saturn one, yet nothing for Sega CD? :(

Because SEGA CD has a different processor and bios than the MegaDrive, which I believe they "could be" working on it.

There will "possibly" be SEGA CD for the Wii in the future, but I wouldn't expect it to be soon as there have been many consoles to emulate the SEGA Saturn and PSone though yet to emulate the SEGA CD which is much older.

Baboon
June 27th, 2009, 14:47
Yeah wragg needs to remove the sega cd information in the thread title as its a simply not true. lol

metaXzero
June 27th, 2009, 17:42
Because SEGA CD has a different processor and bios than the MegaDrive, which I believe they "could be" working on it.

There will "possibly" be SEGA CD for the Wii in the future, but I wouldn't expect it to be soon as there have been many consoles to emulate the SEGA Saturn and PSone though yet to emulate the SEGA CD which is much older.

Wasn't asking why the Megadrive/Genesis emulator didn't have Sega CD support. Just why this thread continues to claim as such. But thanks for the info.

Wonder why people decided to skip the CD in favor of emulating Saturn and PS1 :/

themovielife
June 16th, 2010, 14:53
I hope you are going to purchase it, because playing a game you don't own is against the law (except if rented or borrowed from a friend or relative). :cool:

zzzOMG!! He is possibly going to TRY OUT a 15 year old game without buying a (useless) copy from ebay! How will the developers get their deserved support?

Eviltaco64
June 16th, 2010, 15:43
zzzOMG!! He is possibly going to TRY OUT a 15 year old game without buying a (useless) copy from ebay! How will the developers get their deserved support?

That post is from two years ago.