PDA

View Full Version : PSP m3u/aac streaming player?

smokey
September 15th, 2005, 23:09
Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a while; top forum and site you've got here.

I had a thought earlier on in the day which I thought I'd ask people who know. Would it be possible to create a homebrew app to use m3u streaming from radio internet sites thus turning the psp into a portable radio? Also, has anyone created such a beast?

As I'd have it and it would be cool using it to listen to.

So, does anybody know?

Cheers,
Matt

Psilocybeing
September 16th, 2005, 15:34
I imagine it would be quite simple, pixel control on the PSP is pretty easy from what I've read, so once you get the network layer down, and grab a codec, the rest should be pretty simple. I've been thinking of trying something like this, but have not got familiar enough with current PSP code to do anything about it, although I do have C/C++ experience(not much mind you), and over 8 years of coding knowledge(Perl/PHP/Pascal/VB/ASM, easy languages but I didn't really need C back then); I digress.

I think I remember there being an example for the PSP wireless connection that involved an image being sent to the PSP from a PC, and being displayed on the PSPs screen. I'll have a look for it, as it would show how to post a pre-made image on the screen, although I image that is fairly easy anyway with APIs :).

Edit: here is the address to the 1.0, 1.5 versions, along with the source code aswell. http://aibohack.com/psp/wifitest.htm

Psilocybeing
September 16th, 2005, 15:48
I've just had a look through the source from the link I posted, and I understand the structure fairly well, and am going to go ahead and make a seperate project with a simplified network structure, and jpeg display. Don't wait up though, I'm quite out of practice ;)

smokey
September 17th, 2005, 00:31
heh, sweet, i thought that'd be a good project for someone to try! if you ever have a working copy or need anything beta testing, let me know :)

smokey
September 23rd, 2005, 22:44
heh that was quick :)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspradio.shtml