PDA

View Full Version : bought a psp, told it could run emu's. help

dracox23
September 16th, 2005, 01:14
store manager had a used 1.51 psp said it could run emu's. i read online only 1.50 can run emu's. i bought psp to have a snes on the go and movie player. he said if i come in tommorow another worker can show me how to get snes to run on 1.51, but im still feel like man im screwed and will never play snes on my psp. anybody know about psp's, can you fill me in.

ArugulaZ
September 16th, 2005, 01:42
You should have asked here first, man!

Here's the scoop. Someone is working on a downgrader for advanced PSP firmware revisions, allowing you to turn back the clock on your system, but it's not finished yet. Also, I've heard that hackers are close to breaking the security on firmware revisions 1.51 and 1.52, but not 2.00. Whatever you do, DO NOT upgrade to 2.00! Make like Nancy Reagan and just say no!

Just be patient. It's gonna be a while before the newer versions of the firmware are cracked, but don't make a bad situation worse by upgrading to 2.0. Also, go ahead and talk to the guy who sold you the system. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't (although I doubt it).

JR

dracox23
September 16th, 2005, 02:18
if i get madden, it will automaticaaly update firmware wont it? does that wab version switcher only work for 1.50 or does it work for 1.51 too.

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 02:21
if i get madden, it will automaticaaly update firmware wont it? does that wab version switcher only work for 1.50 or does it work for 1.51 too.
no homebrew, NONE! will work on 1.51. im not sure that madden will update automatically, but your better off waiting for the release of the downgrader before you purchase. then you can run the version switcher without fear.

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 02:56
medieval resurrection has 1.52 upde, so don't get that either

ataribob
September 16th, 2005, 03:14
store manager had a used 1.51 psp said it could run emu's. i read online only 1.50 can run emu's. i bought psp to have a snes on the go and movie player. he said if i come in tommorow another worker can show me how to get snes to run on 1.51, but im still feel like man im screwed and will never play snes on my psp. anybody know about psp's, can you fill me in.

Take the sales slip back with the PSP. To the place you bought it.
If you don't do it tomorrow Your screwed

serpentor
September 16th, 2005, 03:21
No downgrader is possible without a hardware modification. Don't hold our breath.. return it and check ebay or craigslist. I got a mint unopened 1.5 for $225 in NYC on craiglists in 6 hours. :)

slik da relic
September 16th, 2005, 03:50

i dont understand some of u guys... if ur on this forum reading the posts, why the hell would u listen to the damn sales clerk? online forums is the Bible... the outside world is the tabloids.

da relic

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 03:53
i dont understand some of u guys... if ur on this forum reading the posts, why the hell would u listen to the damn sales clerk? online forums is the Bible... the outside world is the tabloids.

da relic

not exactly the bible... more like a cheap (but reliable) magazine full of spelling errors.

Tomppa
September 16th, 2005, 06:34
not exactly the bible... more like a cheap (but reliable) magazine full of spelling errors.

:D :D :D

dracox23
September 16th, 2005, 14:12
I'm gonna see if any other ebgames have a used 1.50 and return it if i can. I'm scared though to next get one with dead pixels or a crappy conditioned one. Used one i got is as close to brand new as it gets, it just can't emulate and i don't have money for a psp game for at least couple weeks and if i get one its gonna update firmware unless i have 1.50 with that program on it.

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 15:23
test the psp before u buy it
go to setting, system settings. check the firmware version yourself
and while your doing that, you can look for dead pixels

troy1
September 16th, 2005, 19:57
Well if your tight with money I'd search and search till I find a 1.5 (if he allows you to return it)

Free games off the internet, it's worth searching for it.

dracox23
September 16th, 2005, 20:52
an ebgames had a 1.50, let me exchange my 1.51, had 2 dead pixels but better then a psp i cant use homebrew for. I can't afford any psp games anytime soon anyway, only ones i'd want is madden and nba live, hopefully version switcher will work for those 2.

ataribob
September 16th, 2005, 20:53
If he bought it at ebgames he can take it back .
The manager lied is good enought.

dracox23
September 16th, 2005, 23:12
you read my last post, i already exchanged it lol. Course i have to put up with some dead pixels but it plays Nes on it :)

Cirus
September 17th, 2005, 01:12
you could buy a 1.5 and operation on them both, take out all the insides of each and swap so it looks like the same 1 to the nakid eye then send it back saying unwanted gift etc :)

ataribob
September 17th, 2005, 02:04
you read my last post, i already exchanged it lol. Course i have to put up with some dead pixels but it plays Nes on it :)

There's a program out there called "dead Pixel fixer"

I used it on my wifs PSP and it fixed both dead pixels took a little over an hour but it did work.

dracox23
September 17th, 2005, 02:51
how do u use that dead pixel fixer thing, copy program onto psp memory card and it runs a program that does it? Can it ruin the screen at all instead of fixing it. Where can i download it and how do i use it hehe.

On another board somebody said "I think it's only for stuck pixels, not dead pixels"

Course one might be stuck one, i think its white and not black, one is black though i think.

hmmm. myn look silverish shiny lol, is that mean stuck pixel, i cant tell if its white or black, just looks silver shiny the dots.

Now i pray for 100% full speed snes, and i'll be in heaven. I love nes though, i only have a 32mb memory stick and cant afford to buy a bigger one but it was big enough for everything i need. If i can play nes/snes and movies on my psp, thats all i need to be happy, who needs the actual games lol.

I kinda want madden in acouple weeks or months when i can afford it, guess i'll need the version changer to play that, hope it works with madden.

slik da relic
September 17th, 2005, 22:05
you could buy a 1.5 and operation on them both, take out all the insides of each and swap so it looks like the same 1 to the nakid eye then send it back saying unwanted gift etc :)

i tried that already myself (thats the trick used for ps1 and dreamcast, switch the guts, keep the shell) it doesnt work. they got the serial sticker over a screw (1st hurdle) in the battery compartment. and once u get it all open, its very small and tight inside. u hafta to be very careful and precise. too much work.

da relic

Cirus
September 18th, 2005, 00:14
brick it the real way, hold a breeze block a metre over it then release

YourStillWithMe
September 18th, 2005, 00:35
dracox-you said the guy said you can run homebrew on a 1.51 why dont youy take it back to him and see what he knows maybe hes a crackhead and doesnt know what hes saying but maybe he knows something we dont and dont upgrade man i made the same mistake twice stay as low as possible because if a higher system gets cracked you can just upgrade and get the homebrew but if it happens for a lower system you cant go back!

smithsyard
September 19th, 2005, 00:23
hi ive got a psp ver 1.50 can i play the all the new games saved on a memory card [email protected]

dracox23
September 19th, 2005, 02:36
you guys really need to read the posts................ i long time ago stated i exchanged 1.51 for a 1.50