PDA

View Full Version : The Hottest News Today

wraggster
September 16th, 2005, 16:32
And for once it isnt PSP or DS related but its from the Nintendo Revolution Console, the controller has been released to the public and its very different to say the least, heres a looksy:

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/revolution-controller/small/tgs3.jpg

Check out all the Revolution News at our sister site the top source of pure Nintendo Revolution news ---> The Revolution --> http://revolution.dcemu.co.uk/

Normal Service has now been resumed ;)

bill00000
September 16th, 2005, 17:16
Let me be the first to say, WTF? There are more pics of it elsewhere, which show an attachment that looks like the middle of an N64 controller crossed with a dildo. I'd link to them, but they're on "the site of which we do not speak"

Just realized: If you like fishing games, revolution will be the system to have! Goodbye nintendo!

rudy1280
September 16th, 2005, 17:36
go to ign and download the video. Its like a 3d mouse, and it could make some games very interesting. If they make a sword fighting game with this, I am sold

slayer2psp
September 16th, 2005, 17:41
lol is this a joke a tv remote is not a game controller first nintendo states the new system wont be in HD now this werid controller they just dont get it do they. they dont want us hardcore gamers they want the avg joe who knows nothing about games and plays them maybe once a month thats there market plus the kids. they dont put out enough stuff to keep you gaming year around go play with your dogs nintendo ill be playing psp ane xbox 360 all winter long good by nintendo you were ther when i was 10 but all has gone wrong i grew up but you didnt too bad

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 17:51
wtf?
that's terrible!
no wonder they didn't reveal it at E3, it would have scared everyone away

EDIT: see the video by clicking my image, it's the top file on the list of 4

Shapyi
September 16th, 2005, 18:02
Can someone mirror the video from IGN? Because I can't seem to get it because its so popular.

I'm actually very optimistic about this new controller. I like holding my TV remote and flipping through channels. Something I'm already used to. The 3D movement is very interesting. Nintendo might be on to something here ;)

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 18:07
i'm working on getting the video on my game server, not much longer

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 18:14
UPLOADED!

click the image on my signature, and it's along with my game. it's not hard to find, it's the top one.

Wraggster, add this link to your original post, if you don't mind

Mr.Modem
September 16th, 2005, 18:15
That looks pretty cool. It's nice to see some new stuff coming to the console market. Since Xbox 360 and PS3 is going to have better graphics, it's nice to see nintendo coming up with some new ideas.

SmashinGit
September 16th, 2005, 18:38
When I first saw the pictures I thought Nintendo had finally lost it, but after watching the video it did bring a smile to my face. Does look kind of interesting, could be fun.

pkmusicmaker
September 16th, 2005, 19:55
lol is this a joke a tv remote is not a game controller first nintendo states the new system wont be in HD now this werid controller they just dont get it do they. they dont want us hardcore gamers they want the avg joe who knows nothing about games and plays them maybe once a month thats there market plus the kids. they dont put out enough stuff to keep you gaming year around go play with your dogs nintendo ill be playing psp ane xbox 360 all winter long good by nintendo you were ther when i was 10 but all has gone wrong i grew up but you didnt too bad

You're judging way too quick. This new idea may be great, or it may suck, but either way it's something actually different for once, and it could inspire something great if it isn't great itself. Nintendo isn't ignoring hardcore gamers, they're just giving us a new flavor for once, unlike the other systems which are basically faster systems with better graphics... and that's about it. Nintendo might have screwed up, but we'll just have to try it before we decide that.

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 19:58
i'm mainly worried about mario adventures, mario kart, super smash bros, these games will be alot harder to control it seems

parabolee
September 16th, 2005, 20:27
My first reaction was WTF this has to wrong! I have to hold it with one hand!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Then i saw the "nunchuka" attachment and was like "phew ok so back into the realms of it being a controller and not a remote". But I was still very confused and "wierded" out bu the controller.

But then I watched the video at Gamestop and read the hands on at 1UP.com and WOW, I'm sold! The way 1UP describe the Metroid demo working got me excited as hell! I really see this changing video games for the better. For a start it will force inovation for the system, no more lazy ports or boring sequels and truth be told it looks like the kind of games it would work for are very exciting. Just reading (and hearing them talk) about how the first person shooter games would work with the Nunchuka controler is exciting because it makes you think of how it would apply to many other cool games, like RPG'S!

I'm buying a ticket for this ride!

parabolee
September 16th, 2005, 20:28
i'm mainly worried about mario adventures, mario kart, super smash bros, these games will be alot harder to control it seems

Not true, you can turn the "remote" controller on it's side to play classic NES games and there is going to be a "classic controller" adaptor for Snes/N64/gamecube games.

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 20:58
i was refering to mario sunshine, 3d mario games

SchmuckofNI
September 16th, 2005, 21:25
Reminds me of those old Atari 5200 controllers. Not a smart move for Nintendo. History has a way of repeating itself.

parabolee
September 16th, 2005, 21:36
The Nunchuka attament would allow full control of any 3D Mario game, plus the "classic" attachment will be suitable for N64/Gamecube games.

Have faith people, exciting and new gameplay possibilities will reveal themselves with this awesome new system, I am more excited about this right now than I am about "same games but better graphics" that the 360 and PS3 are offering. Damn my girlfriend will probably be really into this. Look at the success of Eyetoy adn the DS, and I think this will be even better as no one will be producing games that think of the "gimick" last like the DS has had problems with. Games will be built around the controller.

You don't need more buttons because the "remote" is motion sensitive and very accurate according to 1Up.com

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 21:47
i'd hope it's accurate :p

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 21:54
Ok here is how I see it.

Nintendo is giving up what the world generally sees in a game console. Sure, we will get our FPS, Platformers, RPG's, etc.. But this controller does give it a nice twist. If it is indeed acurate.. well.. lets just say i dont see what some of your are complaing about.

I once heard someone ask why they like video games.. He answered because it gives you a differant life. It puts you in the shoes of another person on a quest. It gives you powers that you cant possibly have. You can violate the laws that govern our universe as you please. This I controller makes the player closer to actually experiencing what its like to BE the character. So now buttons dont Swing a sword YOU DO, a thumb stick dosnt aim a gun YOU DO! I think this will spawn a new NEWER generation of Video games.

IF YOU HAVNT SEEN THE VIDEO I SUGGEST YOU WATCH IT BEFORE MAKING A DECISION!!!

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 22:07
i seen it (if someone hasn't, click tyhe image in my sig)
i think nintendo is either trying to go bankrupt, or thinks all their customers can move their hand like crazy when they first wake up. (when i usually play my gcn)

Mourningstar
September 16th, 2005, 23:43
This is either the beginning or the end....

YourStillWithMe
September 17th, 2005, 00:14
I dont have any confidence in this system because Gamecube was the worst Nintendo creation ever and they havent been good since SNES and NES were out. Gamecube had like 3 good games, Smash, Mario Party 4, (as long as it was with 3 or more players) and Star Wars Rogue Squadron Gameboy Advance was cool for about a month but then i got sick of it very quickly. There just famous because they were the BIGG company for a while after the Atari series but now no one cares and they think that they will have a cool item on the market because you can play NES and SNES games on it who cares? I already own a perfectly working NES and over 200 games. And i'd rather play those games on my 1.5 psp or just play my SNES which i mainly have the greats such as Batman Returns, Turtles In Time, All 3 DK's, Star Fox, etc. etc. Nintendo sucks now and im not gonna pay probably over 300 dollars just so i can play old games. If i buy a new system it will be for NEW games. If you guys wanna play super nintendo and Nintendo games go buy the shit off of ebay. . .

Kaiser
September 17th, 2005, 01:39
.... Nintendo sucks now and im not gonna pay probably over 300 dollars just so i can play old games. If i buy a new system it will be for NEW games. If you guys wanna play super nintendo and Nintendo games go buy the shit off of ebay. . .

I'd have to disagree. I love my gamecube and its games, and in my personal opinion it was the best of this generation (though I can't stand mario) . The PS2 and Xbox just aren't built as stably and don't have the simplicity of the cube. Though my opinion is completely different with the revolution. Which is turning into a piece of crap (again in my opinion). People say its "innovative" but I'd call it "gimmicky".

pkmusicmaker
September 17th, 2005, 01:55
I dont have any confidence in this system because Gamecube was the worst Nintendo creation ever and they havent been good since SNES and NES were out. Gamecube had like 3 good games, Smash, Mario Party 4, (as long as it was with 3 or more players) and Star Wars Rogue Squadron Gameboy Advance was cool for about a month but then i got sick of it very quickly. There just famous because they were the BIGG company for a while after the Atari series but now no one cares and they think that they will have a cool item on the market because you can play NES and SNES games on it who cares? I already own a perfectly working NES and over 200 games. And i'd rather play those games on my 1.5 psp or just play my SNES which i mainly have the greats such as Batman Returns, Turtles In Time, All 3 DK's, Star Fox, etc. etc. Nintendo sucks now and im not gonna pay probably over 300 dollars just so i can play old games. If i buy a new system it will be for NEW games. If you guys wanna play super nintendo and Nintendo games go buy the shit off of ebay. . .

I had no interest in Gamecube at first, but it's seriously more fun than PS2 and XBOX for the most part. PS2 and XBOX put out sequal after sequal, and it's really starting to get boring. Gamecube, however, kept things fun and wasn't afraid to take risks (as we can definately see with this new controller.) For instance, Zelda Windwaker. Very popular series, but with a new look. I respect taking chances, and I'm finding myself supporting Nintendo more and more lately. (although I'm still not a DS fan of any sorts)

Cap'n 1time
September 17th, 2005, 02:12
I have this feeling that your all going to have friends that buy this... and your going to force yourselves into their homes just to play this. I honestly believe that if they do this right, its got no where to go but up... It might even be possible that this wont be the MAIN controller... just a thought.

xuphorz
September 17th, 2005, 02:17
hey ya, there are gcn controler plugs in the back

VFerg
September 17th, 2005, 02:39
Holy crap I thaught this was going to be the biggest piece of crap out there by the way everyone hear was speaking about this thing! This thing is actually pretty interesting. I thaught out of everyone I know that this system would suck soooo much especially after seeing that picture as well, but after the video this thing is pretty neat and at least its trying to be different and while I dont really like the DS for its originality this looks like it could shape up to be pretty fun if they do it right. Games could be so cool if done right they could really suck you into the game as well. Sort of reminds me of duck hunt a little or at least thats what the idea seems to spawn off from. I didnt really like the idea of selling you old games neither but whatever at least its giving people options if they really want them its not a bad thing! There still making new games as well so guess youll just have to wait to see how good they will look and not expecting extrodinary graphics like PS 3 or Xbox 360 but ide rather leave it to them anyway and have something fresh and new to pick out as well. You guys are really not open minded I guess

Drumst1ck
September 17th, 2005, 03:55
Wow crazy concept! Looks buzzy to say the least, can't wait to try one!

Cap'n 1time
September 17th, 2005, 15:00
Like i said before.. i think this is a new type of gaming system were gonna have to get used to... but once we do i have a feeling were all gonna be loving it.

What bothers me is how nintendo will get 3rd party support for this now...

bobcobb
September 17th, 2005, 15:56
Two words, lightsaber battles. With this sort of controller you will have mor control over the video game environment ever than before. When it comes to games that don't necessarily need the remote like device, you can use the regular controller. Believe me, I won't be buying one of these, for lack of money, but it looks interesting to say the least. It could revolutionize the console gaming industry, making games closer to the real thing. The one thing that makes me drool about this system, is the ability to sword fight, and anyone feeeling an uber accurate light gun?

If you wanna be a PS3 or Xbox360 fanboy, go right ahead. Because only the foolish hate innovation. (Unless it turns out to suck, which noone in these forums, or anywhere really knows except those creating the damn thing.)

YourStillWithMe
September 17th, 2005, 16:05
with bobcobb's response my respect for it has gone up yeah lightsaber battles will be insane. Good point my friend my respect for this idea has gone up a notch

xuphorz
September 17th, 2005, 19:54
new revolution controller pic, with attachment
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651559/understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

Cap'n 1time
September 17th, 2005, 23:28
new revolution controller pic, with attachment
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651559/understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

according to IGN that pic isnt the real deal.. just what IGN forsees it to look like.

xuphorz
September 18th, 2005, 01:04
ya, but that wil make it much more playable with some games
also, if ign says it, then it's probly pretty close

Cap'n 1time
September 18th, 2005, 02:05
ya, but that wil make it much more playable with some games
also, if ign says it, then it's probly pretty close

well your probably right that its similar.. thats how nintendo described it to them apparently.. I personally hope that it dosnt look that bulky though.

3elevenX
September 19th, 2005, 04:14
It's funny how our generation that is suppose to be so tech friendly is so scared of new technology.

Keep an open mind people, dont be scared of change.

Machinegun
September 19th, 2005, 04:47
It's funny how our generation that is suppose to be so tech friendly is so scared of new technology.

Keep an open mind people, dont be scared of change.

I agree with you 3elevenX. It's strange how our new generation boasts imagination to a new scale and individuality; yet, discriminate against innovation. Nintendo is doing what Sony and Microsoft can't do (or is afraid to do) -- give gamers a new experience; not the same experience with better graphics. I'm definitely following the Revolution.

Drumst1ck
September 21st, 2005, 00:16
I agree with you 3elevenX. It's strange how our new generation boasts imagination to a new scale and individuality; yet, discriminate against innovation. Nintendo is doing what Sony and Microsoft can't do (or is afraid to do) -- give gamers a new experience; not the same experience with better graphics. I'm definitely following the Revolution.

Amen!!

djrobx
September 24th, 2005, 01:09
I'm not discriminating against it, I just don't think I'm going to like it. I really enjoy playing games with gamepads. I even play FPS games with gamepads. I hate playing with a keyboard and mouse, heck, I don't like playing games with the touch-screen on my DS either. And based on what I've seen I just don't think I'm going to like the new controller. Its not going to stop me from buying the revolution.