PDA

View Full Version : Which Slot-2 Cart should I get?

Hopalongtom
April 25th, 2008, 12:48
I'm searching for a slot 2 (GBA) flash cart to accompany my R4.

I'm using the regular DS (not Lite), I've noticed for some reason some of the slot 2 carts only work on the Lite! :(

I mostly want a slot-2 cart for the extra ram but I don't want to get the DS browser for just that (1 cart for that seems a waste to me as well), so its got to have the extra ram. :rolleyes:

I'd like it to support Micro/regular SD for over 2GB but this isn't necessary. I've also seen some with a rumble feature, this'll be a plus but again I don't really need it! :)

I've been searching around, but can't seem to decide on a cart. :confused:

Can anyone advice me on which one to get?

DanTheManMS
April 30th, 2008, 00:43
The 3in1 is cheap and gives you GBA compatibility easily. It comes in Phat-sized versions at certain shops like RealHotStuff. It uses internal memory, not microSD cards, but you can't argue with the price.

If you feel like spending more money however, look into the M3 Perfect and EZ-Flash IV Deluxe. Both will take microSD cards up to 2 GB.

Hopalongtom
May 2nd, 2008, 21:56
Well I can't use the EZflash IV because it was designed for the DS Lite and because of the side tab! And I haven't seen anything on the M3 perfect about extra ram support! :(

The 3in1 seems to only be useful for playing Gba roms!

Thanks for trying to help though! :rolleyes:

DanTheManMS
May 5th, 2008, 03:14
The 3in1 comes in Phat-sized versions, as seen at RealHotStuff.com

It contains 16 MB of PSRAM which can be used to run the browser, plus you can also load smaller GBA games into this space which is faster than writing them to its 32 MB of NOR flash.

The M3 Perfect contains 32 MB of RAM which is normally used for running its GBA games but can be used by the browser as well.

The non-Rumble Supercard also contains 32 MB of RAM and can take up to 2 GB SD/miniSD cards (miniSD sits flush against DS Phat) but this is a bad option for GBA games since some games have noticeable slowdown due to the Supercard's design. This is cheaper than the M3 Perfect, but it's because it has the slowdowns in GBA games.