PDA

View Full Version : Can't get NeoGeocd to work

mofish
September 16th, 2005, 23:21
Hey Guys,
I am running the 1.5 PSP version, and I am trying to get the neogeocd emu to run. i installed the eboot to my PSP using the kxploit tool, however, whenever I try to run the emulator it says "The game could not be started. 800200130." Could anyone possibly offer me some insight as to how to make this work? EDIT: I forgot to mention, it is version 0.5u4, also, when I go into the memory stick duo it shows that it has two files, one is just corrupted data and the other is the actual emu.

Kaiser
September 16th, 2005, 23:52
Seems you did everything right. By the way the icon that appears as corrupted is the actual emulator and the one that shows up is the dummy file. I can't help you try a different tool such as PSP Brew or Sei's PSP tool. Or just do it yourself check my guide in my sig for details.

xuphorz
September 16th, 2005, 23:55
that error means it's not being read right.
i take it u used my guide. is there any part that confused you?
also, it needs to be 1.50, not 1.51 or 1.52

mofish
September 17th, 2005, 00:27
It's 1.50, do I need some kind of bios file for the neocd? Geesh, all i want to do is play metal slug :-p

mofish
September 17th, 2005, 00:53
OK I at least got the emu to run, but I cant seem to get it to recognize my metal slug rom. It just doesnt show up in the browser.

Cap'n 1time
September 17th, 2005, 00:54
It's 1.50, do I need some kind of bios file for the neocd? Geesh, all i want to do is play metal slug :-p

yah you do.. its called neocd.bin or somthing like that. now let google be your guide! we cant really give you or link you to the bios file.

mofish
September 17th, 2005, 01:36
Yes, I have the emu working, its just the roms I am having trouble with. I downloaded metal slug 1 and 2, metal slug 2 is a collection of several BIN files, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to convert those into an iso so that neocd can read it. Any ideas?

Cap'n 1time
September 17th, 2005, 01:43
ok now i get it. either you download *bin & *cue cd images (which will still work with modification) or you downloaded neogeo AES roms.

An ISO file is simply a CD image. when you call these things roms you are often laughed at because they arnt exactly roms.. but thats another discussion.

Be it a *.Bin *.Que file then you can simply convert it to an ISO.
MOST LIKELY your just going to have to download again. be sure your looking for NEOGEO CD ISO IMAGES and not neogeo roms.. thats totally differant and cant be emulated with this software or currently any other for the psp at this time.

mofish
September 17th, 2005, 01:52
yes but its seperated into 10 bin files, how can I get it to the point that the emulator can effectively run it?

mofish
September 17th, 2005, 03:00
so what can i do about the 10 bin files?

Cap'n 1time
September 17th, 2005, 03:03
nothing. they are part of a neogeo aes rom. wrong stuff.

mofish
September 17th, 2005, 03:12
bah...ok. Thanks for the help 1time :)

Cap'n 1time
September 17th, 2005, 03:58
bah...ok. Thanks for the help 1time :)

anytime.