PDA

View Full Version : HaCKaH v1.0.0

MadButch
September 17th, 2005, 12:26
My PC Tetris game HaCKeR has been ported to the PSP under the name HaCKaH.
http://www.gameplayheaven.com/images/HaCKaH/HaCKaH_PSP.jpg

The game only contains the main single player part of HaCKeR, because I don't have the hardware to test out the network modes. So the excellent CoOp mode will unfortunately have to wait until a future update.
MP3 support is another thing on the MIA list. I did convert the game's music to wav, but it would be 25 Mb of music (and a 20Mb additional download), so I have postponed music support as well.

You can download the game here: HaCKaH_PSP.zip (http://www.gameplayheaven.com/downloads/HaCKaH/HaCKaH_PSP.zip)

Have fun with it.

SmashinGit
September 17th, 2005, 12:50
Looks good, will give it go and thanks :)

wraggster
September 17th, 2005, 14:38
thanks for the news and release :), ill mirror the file so your bandwidth isnt strained ;)

Download also here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/hackah.shtml

MadButch
September 17th, 2005, 14:52
Thanks for the mirror.

I just updated it to v1.0.1.

I had forgotten to re-align the text in the end screen.
That's what happens if I don't add something to my ToDo list as soon as I think of it :(

Sorry for the (quick) update already...

wraggster
September 17th, 2005, 15:39
hehe, i made a eboot of the original release for v1.0 PSPs and took screens on the page linked above :)

wraggster
September 17th, 2005, 15:45
new version posted and uploaded too ;)

MadButch
September 17th, 2005, 16:49
Did it work to just remove the %1 from the filename, and moving the Data subdir into the 1.0 dir?
I will have to make a seperate 1.0 eboot then, because the 1.0 version won't save the HiScores and game settings (pointing to the ________1 dir).
There's probably a trick to check the PSP's bios version nr, and then set the dir accordingly. But I gotta check the dev boards for that.

I can provide you with a PC exe if you would like to easily make a couple of screenshots. It runs with the exact same data, and in a 480x272 window (same size as PSP screen). Although I like the pictures you put up... gives it more authenticity.

Thanks for the work on it... It's really nice to see it up on your site already :)

MadButch
September 18th, 2005, 12:10
The game has been updated to v1.0.2.

Fixed a bug that prevented the mirrored L block from appearing.
Fixed a big that prevented the 2nd Next Block display sound from ever being played.
Fixed a bug where the Settings and HiScores weren't saved on Bios 1.0 PSPs.
Added a download for people with the v1.0 bios (HaCKaH_PSPv10.zip (http://www.gameplayheaven.com/downloads/HaCKaH/HaCKaH_PSPv10.zip))
(This still needs to be tested, so send me an email if you tried the game on a 1.0, telling me wether it works or not)

Enjoy!

wraggster
September 18th, 2005, 14:06
works great on a v1.0, played for 30 mins this morning

what you do to make a v1.0 is use PSP brew to convert the 1.50 to v1.00 (eboot) that is. (its on the main site)

Thanks again for a great Stickied release.

MadButch
September 19th, 2005, 07:19
When I compile the game without the flag to create the 1.5 version, it makes the 1.0 eboot. It just didn't make it in subdirs, like the 1.5 compile did, and that's why I overlooked it in the first place.

From now on I can just do 2 compiles and have both versions ready... Nice and easy.

I will look into the saving/loading mechanism next, but I don't have any eta for it.

And thanks for all the help with it, and the cool screenies :)

MadButch
September 19th, 2005, 14:16
The version for PSP's with Bios 1.5 had the old (v1.0.1) EBOOT.PBP in it. I've updated the archive on the site with a correct version.

If you run the game, and it says "HaCKaH v1.0.1" in the bottom right corner, you will have to re-download the game. Or grab the correct EBOOT here: HaCKaH_v102_EBOOT.zip (http://www.gameplayheaven.com/downloads/HaCKaH/HaCKaH_v102_EBOOT.zip).

My apologies...

wraggster
September 20th, 2005, 21:34
my miror has the correct file now :)

SideSpin
October 2nd, 2005, 00:44
HI.

I have just registered to say Thanks to the author of this game. I have been playing 100's of tetris emulators...and i can tell u your is one of the best i ever seen. Just a few remarks/demands :D :D for next release:

1. Correct colors of the drop pieces. Why not use the original colors?
Square = blue; The "T" = green, etc...

2. Enlarge main screen. Game has excelent graphics, however are a bit too small for PSP. Should be very cool to play with PSP in VERTICAL, dont u think.? That would be just great.

Anyway once again congrats, you've done a great job.

Keep going

Rgds,
SSpin

psp90
October 8th, 2005, 03:21
i have the 2.00 psp update how can i play this game and were am i suppose to put it thanx
psp90

spliter
December 18th, 2005, 05:39
that looks nice

Nono-O
December 25th, 2005, 21:21
Du hast zwar daran hart gearbeitet aber TETRIS war schon imma langweilig sry

MGFox
January 27th, 2006, 23:20
This project/homebrew/emulator what ever it is, has been unstickied. It has been unstickied because it is either an old release or has not seen an update in ages and is simply taking up space being stickied on the first page.

If the creator has a new update please post the new update in our submit news section or if you have already been granted the power post it directly in the PSP news section. Hell you can even post it in here and we'll re-sticky it because it will be considered an on-going/updated project.

Thanks

~PSP MODS