PDA

View Full Version : Snes9X & Genplus Wiimote Edition Updates 27/04/08

wraggster
April 28th, 2008, 21:41
Lopst and Falco have released new versions of the Snes and Genesis Emulators for the Nintendo Wii with Wiimote and new for this version Nunchuck support. So now you can use both Wiimote and Nunchuck for Snes and Genesis Games on your Nintendo Wii.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability reports via Comments

Let us know how you get on with using both the wiimote and nunchuck.

masterchief929
April 28th, 2008, 22:06
cool. im going to go try it right now.

____anders____
April 28th, 2008, 22:49
ooh, man that's cool with nunchuck support!:)

icecoolwas
April 28th, 2008, 23:06
can someone make me a dump to get this working? i mean like put it on and make the folders etc and zip it up and upload it to sendspace.com or somat cos i cant get this to work, btw i can get the roms its just thaty i dont no where to put em

mcdougall57
April 28th, 2008, 23:11
yes!! dont neeed to whack out my gamecube controller

icecoolwas
April 28th, 2008, 23:13
mcdougal or anyone help me?

i know where to place the boot.elf

what folders do i make?

thx

mcdougall57
April 29th, 2008, 00:00
sorry pal i use disks as i have a modchip maybe somebody else can help you?

dahun
April 29th, 2008, 00:32
mcdougal or anyone help me?

i know where to place the boot.elf

what folders do i make?

thx

older versions it was /snes9x/roms and /genplus/roms

ydderf45
April 29th, 2008, 00:34
cube controller still is better for snes but wiimote sideways is good for genesis :D

middle man
April 29th, 2008, 02:33
this is very cool.
is there no way to change the button configuration for the wiimote on snes9x? i notice theres no way to get back to the menu using the wiimote without the nunchuck, eventhough +, - and home seem to do nothing. and the menu didn't like me unplugging the nunchuck mid-game, had to TP restart. mario games are great with just the wiimote as 1 and 2 are all you need. does the classic controller work?

i need to get some mega drive roms to test that.

tehnoir
April 29th, 2008, 05:09
I think the original post should be edited.

Lopst and Falco have released new versions of the Snes and Genesis Emulators based on code that they stole and did not give credit for for the Nintendo Wii with Wiimote and new for this version Nunchuck support. So now you can attempt to use both Wiimote and Nunchuck with unpredictable results for Snes and Genesis Games on your Nintendo Wii.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability reports via Comments, but don't expect to be able to view the source and good luck getting much support.

hipopera
April 29th, 2008, 05:47
Genplus Wiimote Edition FREEZES on me after i load up a rom. Please fix. I hate using GC comtroller for the fighting games.

metalhead1816
April 29th, 2008, 06:19
Gen plus freezes up on me for every game that I play please fix and this is for the gen plus with classic controller support and from what the guy wrote above me also for the nunchuck support one as well.

metalhead1816
April 29th, 2008, 06:30
also does this new version have classic contoller support?

geise69
April 29th, 2008, 13:01
It's nice these guys are adding support for these emu's but I wish they would just wait and let the original authors do their thing. It's being worked on and not out yet, since the wiimote code is unstable still. Also it's another reason so many are having problems. Just wait for a new release from the original authors.

____anders____
April 29th, 2008, 15:10
this is very cool.
is there no way to change the button configuration for the wiimote on snes9x? i notice theres no way to get back to the menu using the wiimote without the nunchuck, eventhough +, - and home seem to do nothing. and the menu didn't like me unplugging the nunchuck mid-game, had to TP restart. mario games are great with just the wiimote as 1 and 2 are all you need. does the classic controller work?

i need to get some mega drive roms to test that.

in the first wiimote version, you can go to the menu by pressing HOME and B on the wiimote..

kingslime80
April 29th, 2008, 18:04
I hope the original authors release a new version soon with Theme support. :P

icecoolwas
April 30th, 2008, 00:29
why wud u want a theme on a simple UI? pointless, just slows the emulator down with having to store another 2mbs of data into the ram.

Btw snesX9 Works great, I am having no problems apart from the fact that i gotto switch to 50hz (pal tv) and it flickers, when i have it on 60hz the game is alittle slower and so is the music, espicially doom, also there is a time delay when u move the analog stick on the nunchuk, also its alittle over sensitive, apart from that its great, add zip support and more chars in a file name and it will be perfect, then just work on speed.

yeohke
April 30th, 2008, 02:22
I couldn't get the SRAM to work, althought the SNES9X\SAVES folder is there, it report me a saving error. The State save manage to get a save, but when I load it from the Sate menu, it doen't seems to do anything. Help anyone?

exkillerxe
April 30th, 2008, 23:38
How exactly do I save. I have the snes9x/saves folder on the SD Card and then through a game I return to the main menu and go on save options then save state and press save then when I load the state and go on my game it comes with a black screen with a lot of text on the left hand side.
So how exactly am I supposed to save?

raul_gallardo83
May 4th, 2008, 23:58
hi i am new in here i have a question for this new release od snes9x is possible save a data for snes files in sd memory thanks