PDA

View Full Version : LoneWolfDS - Flight From The Dark v1.41

wraggster
April 28th, 2008, 22:04
Michoko has released a new version of LoneWolfDS - Flight From The Dark, heres the release notes:

Hi everybody!

I'm pleased to announce a new release of LoneWolfDS v1.4. And the biggest addition is nothing less than a Spanish version! :D

Yeah, I know, I had said that I would not do any translated version yet, but a guy called NewKuato contacted me some weeks ago, by providing all the book texts already translated. Moreover I must admit I was a bit euphoric because of the LoneWolfDS first place at the NEO compo, so I thought it would be worth a try. ;)
My original concern was that it may take a lot of time to make a localized version, and hell, I was right! Without the amazing help from NewKuato and Urbatain El Clérigo, this project would have never seen the light. Those guys spent hours and hours testing the new translated engine, and I'm still impressed by the huge efforts they put into providing all translations and test reports. With such a great support, this translation has been really a positive experience!

But the second most important aspect is that with all those tests, a lot of bugs and events errors were detected and fixed, both in the Spanish and English version. Hence the new releases in both languages. Moreover, it has also helped stabilizing the engine for the second book (I've already started working on volume 2 too).

So here is the changelog:
Code:
2008/04/27: version 1.4 (Recommended update!)
- Fixed a memory leak during random rolls, making the numbers disappear after many rolls.
- Fixed some vicious inventory bugs.
- Fixed many sections.
- Updated the events handling engine so future books will be easier to port.
- Spanish version! (thanks A LOT to NewKuato and El Clérigo Urbatain!!!)

Before I get spammed with translations requests in all the languages of the world, let me say that I WON'T do any other language adaptations right now! It requires too much work and I prefer focusing on the second book now (so many things to do, so little time). Moreover, only the english and spanish versions are available for free on the net, so I'll stick to them right now.

Have fun!! :)
Michoko

PS: Please, don't upload the ROM files on any other site, since the Project Aon license requires me to host all projects based on their work on the Project Aon site itself. So please give the following download URL instead: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php
Thank you! :)

Ouch, I just found a rather fatal bug in the latest builds (both English and Spanish). I just posted a hotfix on the site.

Code:
Changelog:
2008/04/28: version 1.41 English/1.01 Spanish
- Hotfix which fixes a bug when saving a game without having the weaponskill discipline.

Sorry for the inconvenience, now it should work fine :blush:

Download at the Link Above

limming
April 28th, 2008, 22:10
I can't wait for book 2! this game is great!