PDA

View Full Version : Snes Emu Help :(

Ichimonji
September 18th, 2005, 01:08
Em...I'm using the SNES9xTYL emulator and when I run a rom, the "Loading Rom" popup appears, followed by 2 (or 3, I can't really see because they come up one after another really fast) more popups. I can't really read the first one because its a bunch of gibberish but I "think" one of them says Settings Found or No Settings Found. The rom I'm trying to use has the .smc extension, if that solves anything.

I'd appreciate any and all help =D Thanks!

ForteGSX
September 18th, 2005, 01:42
What? Does the rom run? If so then nothing is wrong, The emu works that way.

Ichimonji
September 18th, 2005, 01:55
I'm not sure if it's what you call "run" because once I load it, the popups appear and the screen stays black...

Mr.Modem
September 18th, 2005, 08:14
What game are you trying to run?

Ichimonji
September 18th, 2005, 23:34
Eh well I'm not sure its the roms fault (since I tried about 3 or 4 versions) because I'm playing a lot of different games like Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, etc. None of the roms seem to work.

ForteGSX
September 19th, 2005, 01:03
It could be because the specific game was not compatable with the GPU you had configured with TYL. Try different ones, ONE of them should work.

Ichimonji
September 19th, 2005, 01:20
What is the "GPU"? I'm pretty sure I didn't change or reconfigure anything on the TYL. I've tried 5 or 6 different games and none have worked. Maybe the problem is the extension the ROMS are in? They are in .smc.

So far this is all I've gotten from the popups that appear:

LoROM;Corrupt
Type: Rom+Ram+CoPro#11 Mode: 06 TV: PAL S-RAM: Corrupt
ROMId: 7cTcCompany: q