PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Case Mod: X-Tender Case Mod !

wraggster
August 25th, 2004, 10:28
News from Lik Sang (http://tinyurl.com/52y79) [br][br] The X-Tender Case Mod for Xbox™ is a complete kit that will allow you convert your Xbox™ into a mini rack mount server or media center with activity LED's and expanded space for 2 internal Hard Drives. Molded to perfectly integrate with your Xbox™, this kit comes with a custom front panel, with 3 activity LED, a custom made hard drive mounting plate to accommodate one or two additional drives, and a custom molded rear panel. Specially designed X-Tender rods are included to internally support the expansion, allowing you to security reassemble the machine. Additional space on front panel will allow the support of one LCD Display on each side of the system, or additional LEDs or Cold Cathode Lights.[br][br]You can switch between the newly added drives via remote control. When the Xbox™ is powered off, press 1, 2 or 3 for 2 seconds on the remote control to start with HD1, HD2 or HD3 respectively. When the Xbox™ is already powered on then you can do the same so the Xbox will reset and boot from the other hard drive.[br][br]The kit comes with all parts you need, including an exhaustive installation guide. We have uploaded a quick X-Tender Case Mod Installation Guide here, please take a look.[br][br]Features:[br][br]The Ultimate Xbox™ Case Mod[br]Expands the top of your Xbox™ case[br]Allows you to install 2 more IDE drives[br]Custom made front panel with activity LED's[br]Custom fit sides to perfectly match the Xbox™ design[br]Includes new IDE cables for easy installation[br]Includes custom made spacers to accommodate the internal hard drives. [br][br]More information and Screenshots at Lik Sang (http://tinyurl.com/52y79)

Hawq
August 25th, 2004, 12:33
Because the systems so small it needs a size boost ;D might look at it more sometime if I get a chip & need more space (says the guy whose xbox hd is already almost full up with emu/hb stuff)

Mental2k
September 4th, 2004, 17:39
2 extra HDD, lets see, at 200GB a throw, thats 600GB, methinks more than just homebrew is gonna be fillin those drives ;)

quzar
September 4th, 2004, 19:28
Actually im pretty sure the biggest ones out now are 400GB. so yea 1.2TB.

Mental2k
September 5th, 2004, 13:48
WOW :o

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2004, 19:32
OMG!!!!!!!!!! thats freaking huge! I dont even know what i would do with 1.2 TB!!!! I could copy all my psx cd's, xbox dvd's, put all the music i have ever owned on it, put every homebrew in existance and every emulator, put every distro of linux on there and i bet i would still have at least 100 gigs left!!!!!!!

I dont really think i would put that much money in a 800 mhz celeron with only 64 megs of ram... it just seems like a waste.

all the stuff i mentioned above is totally legall btw.