PDA

View Full Version : PSP Action Replay

Heran_Bago
September 19th, 2005, 00:43
Anyone who's used a Pro Action Replay would expect a quality cheat device. These can be used to edit parts on the RAM in real time. Cheating/hacking devices such as this/gamesharks/game genies have proved usefull, especially in game hacking, in the past. PSP Action Replay strays as far as possible from this ideal tradition.

I have been curious what it is for. Lukily, a friend of mine bothered to shill out the cash to get this piece of.... software?
That's right, the PSP action replay is software on your PC. You plug in your PSP in USB mode and away you go.

From the readme:

PSP Action Replay is a Windows™ application for use with a Sony PSP™ games device.

PSPAR gives you access to the latest game saves for all the latest PSP games.
You can download approved saves from the Datel "powersaves" online server and saves uploaded by other PSPAR users; You can even upload saves you have made for others to try.

Back up your PSP Saves to your PC.

Convert almost any video clip so they can be viewed on your PSP. All done with a simple click of a button. Almost all formats supported including AVI, VOD, MPG, DivX, decrupted VOB's, WMV (versions 1 & 2), MOV, MPE, 3gp, OGM, ASF, SMR and MP4).

Copy your image file (.jpg) to your PSP.

Copy your music files (.mp3) to your PSP.

Upgradeable via the internet. New versions are automattically detected. Then at a
click of a button you can upgrade for free.

Picture:
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5473/10fd.png

Breakdown review:

PSPAR gives you access to the latest game saves for all the latest PSP games.
9/10
I wouldn't exactly say latest. The saves provided for you to download are "powersaves" of questionable origin, and "community" saves from other people. You generally know what to expect of a save from its description. It provides reigon, UMD ID, date, and even the game's save icon! The GUIis nice too. It's super easy. It's also cool that you can upload your own saves to the database. I hear there are websites for this kind of thing, but this is oh so easy. My only qualm is that if there are different save types for the same game, with different icons, PSPAR only shows the first.

Back up your PSP Saves to your PC.
9 /10
No complaints here except the icon problem mentioned earlier.

Convert almost any video clip so they can be viewed on your PSP. All done with a simple click of a button.
8 /10
Perfect conversion yes. But no resizing options. Many free programs out there already top PSPAR at video conversion. However the library system is convenient.

Copy your image file (.jpg) to your PSP.
8/10
No resizing or quality changing options. Otherwise perfect.

Copy your music files (.mp3) to your PSP.
8/10
No further encoding options.

Upgradeable via the internet.
10/10
No complaints here.

Overall, I think that the PSPAR gets a 9/10 because it delivers what it promises. It doesn't do anything new or innovative, and it certainly doesn't live up to the Actiuon Replay name. It can't do anything that existing free software can't already do; it just makes it easier.

wraggster
September 19th, 2005, 01:54
nice review and mainpaged too

Hawq
September 19th, 2005, 19:25
The saves provided for you to download are "powersaves" of questionable originIf it follows the Xbox AR trend & theres no reason for it not to the powersaves are the ones hacked by the workers at Datel & as such are not really questionable in origin at all.

THE_SANE_DUDE
December 22nd, 2005, 02:59
Do you know anywhere where i could download something like Action Replay except for the price-tag, i would like it as cheap as i can get it.

taruka04
January 1st, 2006, 07:19
http://nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/top.html

:) :) :)

acer_01
January 5th, 2007, 15:39
thanks

fate6
March 25th, 2010, 20:00
this kinda sucks.

VampDude
March 27th, 2010, 21:49
this kinda sucks.

Please explain as to why a five year topic sucks?

I know the official Action Replay product sucked (power saves instead of a cheat device), but please do not bump hideously old threads.

:cool:

Shrygue
March 27th, 2010, 23:15
Who need Action Replay when there's the Internet with all the info you need to progress further?

Thread closed