PDA

View Full Version : REZ vs Capcom VS. SNK 2: MF2001

ptr.exe
September 19th, 2005, 16:02
REZ (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/rez)

vs

Capcom VS. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/capcom-vs-snk-2-millionaire-fighting-2001)

ptr.exe
September 19th, 2005, 16:08
Playing REZ with proper headphones, really really loud is an experience no one should miss, the game draws you in and can take over your life for 5 minutes at a time, no other game can make you forget about reality so easily.

souLLy
September 19th, 2005, 18:05
rez walks it for me

SmashinGit
September 19th, 2005, 19:42
Rez.............as I said before, this game just rocks.

bender
September 20th, 2005, 01:08
Rez. Is one of the best games ever :P

skyviolet
September 20th, 2005, 01:45
OF COURSE REZ! there's nothing great about Capcom vs. SNK even in my top 50 games for the dreamcast. Whoever thinks that boring 2D fighter is even worth playing obviously never tried out any other fighting game that exists. Come now, the true question should have been, "Space Channel 5 (part 2) vs. Rez?"

beetroot bertie
September 20th, 2005, 09:34
Mmm. I'm not so sure. Gonna have to think about it.

Rez is amazing but Capcom Vs SNK 2 is a really good fighter despite it being diluted by the fact that there are so many versions of very similar games.

I just don't know. My brain hurts.

ptr.exe
September 20th, 2005, 16:07
skyviolet, Space Channel 5 (part 2) was in this but got knocked out, by Cap vs SNK 2. Obviously no one else agrees with you :p

Personally i havent played it, but i'll check it out.

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 23:31
Mmm. I'm not so sure. Gonna have to think about it.

Rez is amazing but Capcom Vs SNK 2 is a really good fighter despite it being diluted by the fact that there are so many versions of very similar games.

I just don't know. My brain hurts.

thanks for taking one for the good guys ;) .

I must say that the first time I experianced Cap Vs SNK 2 was on the DC and it totally blew me away.. REZ i have never had the joy of playing.. but i might just have to make a purcahse in the future.. in the mean time, I gots to vote for CAP vs SNK 2.

skyviolet
September 21st, 2005, 03:40
yeah (ptr.exe), they might not agree, but I still am the king of games, and I know what I'm talking about. Your mixing two different genres so it's suffise to say the later makes more sense...you might as well just ask "fighting or rythem shooting". For those who haven't had the pleasure of playing Space Channel 5 (PART 2), you have yet to experience the awesome power of the Dreamcast!!! Rez is just a sample. As far as fighting games are concerned, get yourself some BLEEM and insert good ol' Tekken 3 supersized for your Dreamcast pleasure.....

ptr.exe
September 21st, 2005, 14:38
but I still am the king of games
so im guessing modesty isnt one of your strong characteristics.

I played Tekken 3 through bleem! and on my Ps1, improved graphics but still the same game. I personally prefered Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Dead or Alive 2.

The draw was random, it's to find the best DC game, how could the genres be the same? it wouldnt work.

1timeuser, you really should play Rez, the Ps2 version is fairly cheap on eBay.

bender
September 22nd, 2005, 00:16
Just to say that speaking of this game with some friends, I have just read there's a 5 area. You need to do the 100% analyzed (shooting all the blue cubes when appear on screen). Time to unlock this level and continue playing this amazing game :p .

I love all the things of this game. The vectorial graphics, the music, the light and particle effects used, cell-shading,the purupuru rumbles depending of the music...and the (little) story (lain ?... lol, I know there's nothing in common, just a similar strange feeling I have had watching some animes.. but is probably me :D ). A piece of art
A game to play with the lights switched off and the phones ;)

The site http://www.sonicteam.com/rez has some movies... and a T-shirt for the fans :)

ptr.exe
September 22nd, 2005, 14:13
You didnt know there was an area 5? I'm surprised you didn't find it, the game can be clocked in about an hour, which is a negative, but there's alot of replay, just for the fun of it.

Christuserloeser
September 22nd, 2005, 15:45
REZ is one of my faves. CvS2 is great but Garou/Fatal Fury MotW is by far better than any other 2D 1:1 fighting games.

1timeuser, you really should play Rez, the Ps2 version is fairly cheap on eBay.

Definitly. Still the DC version looks far better. The PS2 misses anti-aliasing.

bender
September 22nd, 2005, 16:30
You didnt know there was an area 5? I'm surprised you didn't find it, the game can be clocked in about an hour, which is a negative, but there's alot of replay, just for the fun of it.

Yeah. The game seems pretty easy but I'm not good enough to do that 100% analyzed in the rest to unlock the 5th area :p
Is going to take me a bit more but I'm going to get it :) I've heard that the area 5 is the best one ;)

kingbuzzo
September 22nd, 2005, 23:11
REZ is one of my faves. CvS2 is great but Garou/Fatal Fury MotW is by far better than any other 2D 1:1 fighting games.

Definitly. Still the DC version looks far better. The PS2 misses anti-aliasing.

I was just about to say that.

they're both must have games. CvS2 is an all time classic, it warrants owning a dc since it's the best version out therre, and it's got way more playability than Rez. (that is if you have friends)

ptr.exe
September 26th, 2005, 15:38
(that is if you have friends)
If only... :( then i would have someone to talk with about my crippling depression :p