PDA

View Full Version : USB Mass Storage Device Demo

wraggster
May 1st, 2008, 23:47
Svpe (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Current_events) is beta testing a USB Mass Storage Device Demo which should be awesome for the scene, heres the details:

A USB Mass storage device file/folder lister demo has been released on the #wiidev channel by svpe, the same person who made the first SD elfloader. It is still in testing stages and the code needs to be cleaned up, so no download link will be provided here. It is compatible with anything that adheres to the USB Mass Storage Device specification and FAT16, including USB memory sticks, flash drives, certain phones/MP3 Players, some FAT-formatted USB Hard Drives and even single-slot card readers. When a cleaned-up version is released it will be posted here.

As soon as it is released we will have it here :)

cashboxz02
May 1st, 2008, 23:57
wut exactly is the purpose???

Brainy142
May 1st, 2008, 23:58
awsome, Purpose is too allow "usb thumb drives" to be used in the wii

____anders____
May 2nd, 2008, 00:47
that is WAY cool;):)

perfect cus i "only" have a 512MB SD card, so it would be very useful to use my stick, or maybe i will make a FAT16 partition of my external HDD..

linkinworm
May 2nd, 2008, 01:00
could this be used as an extention to the internal memory? so we could download wii games from the shop and install in on there? because im out of space i have about 20blocks left, and i really love the VC games i wana buy waverace

____anders____
May 2nd, 2008, 01:21
could this be used as an extention to the internal memory? so we could download wii games from the shop and install in on there? because im out of space i have about 20blocks left, and i really love the VC games i wana buy waverace

i don't think so:(, i think it is an ELF loader that can load ELF files from a mass-storage devices.

shango46
May 2nd, 2008, 08:47
This is awesome. I can't wait to see a port of XBMC or a new one similar to it that will allow full use of all types of media that could be saved on the hdd or jump drive. I also cant wait to see if my Apache 6700 WM6 phone will work with this.

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 17:39
now that is truly amazing imagine sticking you 750 GIG external usb hard drive up to your wii and launching your brew from there :o oh man! LOL

JUST AMAZING! :o

monix10
May 2nd, 2008, 19:53
oh the joy of the wii homebrew scene...tis expanding so quickly

tehnoir
May 2nd, 2008, 20:13
now that is truly amazing imagine sticking you 750 GIG external usb hard drive up to your wii and launching your brew from there :o oh man! LOL

JUST AMAZING! :o

Well, once we get more formats supported. Just the thought of a 750gb drive being formatted with FAT16 sends chills down my spine (just think of all those partitions!).

skedone
May 3rd, 2008, 21:25
lol there is a cleaver tool to do that or summit called a bat script lol