PDA

View Full Version : FCEU wiimote revision 22

wraggster
May 2nd, 2008, 06:38
Suloku and Nullex (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30409#post30409) have released new versions of the Nes Emulator for the Wii

Here it is, end user friendly, but not so much coder friendly. There are better ways of adding wiimote support, there's no remaping, but hey, it's NES with full front SD, long names, saves and wiimote!

I'm sure others (nullex) can do a better version, which is better to add to the official version, so I won't be doing more modifications, I'll just wait for the true and configurable FCEU with wiimote support.

Meanwhile I'll just say: who needs nintendo's virtual console? (at least for nes games)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

springsdc
May 2nd, 2008, 10:59
Thanks!Great!

Mr.Guy
May 2nd, 2008, 15:54
So this one doesn't have the problem where it couldn't find the roms folder?

SylvanSeas
May 2nd, 2008, 17:12
For the most part. For me, when I try to load a rom after one is already loaded I get an error, BUT opening a folder causes an error that causes, upon trying to reload again, the rom list to reload again, allowing you to choose another game. Sorry if that's confusing, and it is a little annoying, but yes you can actually load roms this time :)

Also, I don't think the version in the .zip has wiimote support. I had to download the version in 7-zip format to get the wiimote working.

PeyeRate420
May 2nd, 2008, 17:31
Thanx for this one wraggy :P and good find 2 mista! :o was this another from the spanish dev? and did they acvtually credit askot,eke-eke ect.... yet for there work in the previous releases? i read some pretty low stuff @ tehskeen now wraggy knows me and knows how i am :P but even vetta thinks theres something wrong with not giving credit to the coder...i have made alot of friends who code and i can tell you its not a walk in the park....unlike GFX or sound where its nearly instant gratification...(but i ALWAYS credit the coder when making a mod that uses an amazingly developed engine because we are a SCENE we have to work together....everyone knows i can be a dick....granted....but ive always tried to contributew to replay value and always praised and credited the engine i was blessed to mod and always try to thank said coder personally...

I do NOT think tehskeen coders are asking to much of spanish devs to credit them. when you see the source code to these unofficial emulators you see that while they are effective code snipits there still just that code SOMEONE ELSE wrote and was POORLY implimented into the newest build (eke-eke stated it only takes hours to add the wiimote support but he wont yet because it is NOT STABLE WIIMOTE SUPPORT) Does this mean they are unsafe NO but it does mean its HALF ASS coding and half ass wiimote support just something to tie you over for now... they arent dangerous builds just incomplete ones...

;) tested it and unlike the last one its more than a POC its playable front SD loading save support longer game title names ect... plus i can confirm that SNES9x,GENPLUS, (RIN wiimote edition wont load with HB channel,mag loader or WHL it only works IF your boot.elf is in the root as your main elf and you launch with zelda) and now FCE all work with wiimote/CLASSIC CONTROLER AS WELL and personally i njoy the wiimote support but at the same time I KNOW official support will PWN these petty little copy and paste jobs :P

srry for all the typing and no puNKtuation just wanted to let people know what tehskeen has been chatting about the last few days ;)

ArugulaZ
May 4th, 2008, 21:03
Any hope of light gun support in a later release? That would be sweet! I've got an HDTV so I can't play real NES games with a Zapper anymore... :(

pulproute
May 4th, 2008, 23:51
plus i can confirm that SNES9x,GENPLUS, (RIN wiimote edition wont load with HB channel,mag loader or WHL it only works IF your boot.elf is in the root as your main elf and you launch with zelda)

I actually boot WHL with the TP hack, and i do run FCEU, snes9x and genplus with this loader.

AkumuHau
May 5th, 2008, 18:02
My wiimote won't connect using this version, it just blinks and won't react

Sir_Voe
May 5th, 2008, 18:13
My wiimote won't connect using this version, it just blinks and won't react

I haven't tried this version, but there's a newer version here that I use w/ no such problems..

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30666&postcount=73