PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Metal: Head-On

Cap'n 1time
September 19th, 2005, 23:36
When i purchased my psp a while ago I picked up two games: WO Pure has already been reviewed. Unlike Wipe Out... this probably isnt your first pick.

Twisted Metal is a pretty popular series that made its first appearance on the original PlayStation. It was a great series that put you in the drivers seat of any two or four wheeled vehicle you can think of with a pissed off driver and a full artillery of weapons. Usually this makes for a pretty bad ass idea. Well twisted Metal makes an attempt to deliver this action onto your handheld. So how did it do?

Graphics 3/5
The graphics are... decent. Twisted Metal has never really been known for its 3d models. It does deliver explosions well.

Sound 3.5/5
TM:HO gives you the hard rock and punk that you would expect in a Twisted Metal game. Some times you get some good stuff.. some times you dont! sadly I think I recall a bit of emo in this sound track... The sound effects wont let you down though!

Gameplay 3/5
I will be honest.. this game is EASY! Not exactly what you would expect from a Twisted Metal game. This game does have a pretty nice selection of maps and vehicles though... but Minion isnt in it?! Online play is a nice feature and many people do play it. The single player is a hellspawned peice of trash imo.

Controls 4/5
As good as they really can be on the PSP.

Final 3.5/5
This game is OK. Im being generous when I say OK. If your a hardcore Twisted Metal fan.. you would probably like this more than I did. The multi player is the nice addition that really saved this title. But if you dont have wireless internet capabilities, I see no reason why you should concider this game. Plenty other games I would concider before this one.

YourStillWithMe
September 21st, 2005, 11:55
Nice one 1time

Privateer
September 29th, 2005, 00:10
Yeah, sounds pretty good. I differed in a few things...
Graphics: 3.5/5 I thought they weren't bad. Nothing special, but still nice.
Sound: 2.5/5 Didn't like most of the songs.
Gameplay: 3.5/ Solid, but not addicting. I didn't find it insanely easy or hard.
Controls: 2/5 Not really the buttons and whatnot, but just the vehicles' movements were... bad. It was hard to control your car in a smooth, realsitic way.
Replay: 4/5 Internet play = good replay value.
Overall: Yeah, 3.5.