PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Eternia Japanese to English Patch

shadow77
September 20th, 2005, 01:36
ToE Jap to English patch released today by skunk25! It is around 70MB and can be found on the a.b.sony.psp newsgroup.

or check out the original thread here: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=9594

Game is pretty much fully translated, except for the menus (I've been playing for about 2 hrs so far).

xuphorz
September 20th, 2005, 02:40
how is this psp emulation and homebrew?

shadow77
September 20th, 2005, 03:14
how is this psp emulation and homebrew?

homebrew project.. as it is not supported by official devs.

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 03:26
I would concider a translation patch homebrew... but beware of namco.. remember what they did to the DOA ninja hackers? if you mess with namco's stuff they often bite you in the ass.

xuphorz
September 20th, 2005, 03:31
same with Temco, as i found out

PSmonkey
September 20th, 2005, 04:36
Crap. I've been beat. I better hurry my ass up on Bof3.

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 05:09
Crap. I've been beat. I better hurry my ass up on Bof3.

yah, you better! :p

PSmonkey
September 20th, 2005, 05:38
hehe, Im working. Plus I am going the more difficult "legal" route.

This guys has to watch out. directly distributing game files is not good. He would be wise to release a patch tool.

ganon
September 20th, 2005, 18:12
I wonder if anyone attempted a we9 translation

shadow77
September 20th, 2005, 20:54
hehe, Im working. Plus I am going the more difficult "legal" route.

This guys has to watch out. directly distributing game files is not good. He would be wise to release a patch tool.

Yea, he should've instead released a ppf or ips patch for the files.

wraggster
September 20th, 2005, 21:03
yep Legal is always better ;)

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 23:33
Oh.. i figured he would do it by means of ips/ppf/whatever .. what other way is there to do it? Honestly that just seems like the most supported method.

my bad... tecmo is the one thats so bitchy about disassembly and game modification... Namco seems to just really hate translating games (dejap had to bring us tales of phantasia for SNES almost a decade after its release :p ) we never got ToP for GBA either even though I think it would have sold REMARKABLY WELL in the states.... namco=weird asses :p

shadow77
September 21st, 2005, 02:14
Oh.. i figured he would do it by means of ips/ppf/whatever .. what other way is there to do it? Honestly that just seems like the most supported method.

my bad... tecmo is the one thats so bitchy about disassembly and game modification... Namco seems to just really hate translating games (dejap had to bring us tales of phantasia for SNES almost a decade after its release :p ) we never got ToP for GBA either even though I think it would have sold REMARKABLY WELL in the states.... namco=weird asses :p

he included the files he translated in the RAR file and then you need to extract your dumped iso, replace the language files with the translated ones, then rebuild the iso using umdgen. obvisously it'd be much easier just to patch the iso file (not that the other way is hard though.. I just think an IPS / ppf patch could probably be distributed in a much smaller file size saving bandwidth etc)

PSmonkey
September 21st, 2005, 04:17
he included the files he translated in the RAR file and then you need to extract your dumped iso, replace the language files with the translated ones, then rebuild the iso using umdgen. obvisously it'd be much easier just to patch the iso file (not that the other way is hard though.. I just think an IPS / ppf patch could probably be distributed in a much smaller file size saving bandwidth etc)

And be a bit more legal since he is not directly distributing game data (which is also in thoes files).

ganon
September 21st, 2005, 18:26
whats the progress now on your translation