PDA

View Full Version : Can't load PSP system software/OS?!

m071104
September 20th, 2005, 04:04
Hey I recently used some WAB Trick download thing that allowed me to confuse the system software into thinking it was a higher version than it was. All posts in the forum indicated positive results using it, so I tried it, in order to play new games without abandoning homebrew. Well it worked, because I got Burnout Legends to work. But now, no matter what I try, I can't leave the game and get back to the browser. I took out battery, reset, took out mem card, all that kinda stuff. Is there a hard reset key or system of keys I can press to force defaults or anything? I can start the PSP with a UMD in the drive, because it doesnt load the OS and goes straight to game. But with no game, or if I switch from game to OS, it gets to the default color screen then hangs for 5-10 seconds and shuts itself down. Please help!

IndianCheese
September 21st, 2005, 03:00
well was your charger plugged into your psp when you did the version changer?

m071104
September 21st, 2005, 03:25
Yes the charger was plugged in. However the program asked me if it was plugged in like 10 times before it finally accepted that it was in fact plugged in and went ahead with the update.

Fly On
September 21st, 2005, 04:40
Hard reset = hold the PSP power switch up for about 15 seconds.

Tomppa
September 21st, 2005, 06:25
Fly On: What all it deletes? I mean, it can't have any effect on the firmware does it..?

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 03:58
Hard reset does nothing but erase the memory.
It's like a soft reset you still have everything on your card _date -time.

It just loads the Sony Spill all fresh again

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 04:00
Yes the charger was plugged in. However the program asked me if it was plugged in like 10 times before it finally accepted that it was in fact plugged in and went ahead with the update.

That's because you had a fully charged battery.
The WabChanger you have to have the "yellow Charge" light on while you have the AC adapter plugged in.
If you have a fully charged Battery it will tell you to plug in the AC dapter in

F34R
September 22nd, 2005, 14:54
This is the first time I've hear of this problem. I doubt it has anything to do with the WAB program. I've probably run it 300 times or more testing it with various things. My PSP is still working as it did day 1.

What else did you do besides play burnout legends ?