PDA

View Full Version : version changer question

dracox23
September 20th, 2005, 04:33
for version changer. do you put it on psp same way as an emulator? Use Kxploit? and then just click on it in psp to change version?

xuphorz
September 20th, 2005, 04:36
there isn't a version changer

bobnickelson
September 20th, 2005, 05:13
he's not talking about a downgrader, hes talking about the wab version changer...which i haven't used so i can't be of any help really

warped
September 20th, 2005, 15:05
for version changer. do you put it on psp same way as an emulator? Use Kxploit? and then just click on it in psp to change version?

Yes thats right, but it only works on v1.5 and you must have your charger plugged when you change your firmware.

ataribob
September 20th, 2005, 19:43
You just unzip it or .rar it.
you don't need to use any tools.
Just copy both folders to Psp/Game/

When you use it make sure your "yellow charge" light is on
If your battery is fully charged it will not work "It will tell you to plug your ac adapter in"

I use it and it works prefect.
I delete the folders after I changed(tricked)My Psp to Firmware version 2.0
Now it can play everything

xuphorz
September 20th, 2005, 19:51
oh, oops. sorry

dracox23
September 21st, 2005, 21:22
I read if you use wab version changer, and ever update your firmware, it'll brick your psp. doesnt sound like wab version changer would be good to use then.

skacore dan
September 21st, 2005, 22:21
I read if you use wab version changer, and ever update your firmware, it'll brick your psp. doesnt sound like wab version changer would be good to use then.

Can u elaborate on this? Does this happen only if the firmware is set at a diffrent version and then one updates? Or will it brick no matter what, after ones used it once. Also with the version changer, if you set your psp at say 2.0 can u still install homebrew still?

fpcreator2000
September 21st, 2005, 22:23
When the WAB version changer is loaded on a version 2.0 PSP, the app runs, shows the PSP logo, then it prompts "the game could not be started" message after the logo disappears. This was done using a kxploit file in a PSP 2.0, seems the folder that corresponds "M1" or "%" runs, but the "M2" or "main homebrew" folder doesn't. Just in case anyone is interested.

fpcreator2000
September 21st, 2005, 22:29
I think if you don't set your psp to it's "pre Wab" version number (meaning if it was a 1.50 before WAB), it will brick it.

And yes you can still play homebrews, Namco Museum should not work on my 1.50 PSP because it requires an upgrade to 1.52, but after the WAB version change, it runs.

skacore dan
September 21st, 2005, 22:38
I think if you don't set your psp to it's "pre Wab" version number (meaning if it was a 1.50 before WAB), it will brick it

And yes you can still play homebrews, Namco Museum should not work on my 1.50 PSP because it requires an upgrade to 1.52, but after the WAB version change, it runs.

So your saying this:

If you have a 1.50 psp, one changes to 2.0 with wab version changer. Update firmware (say 1.50 to 1.52) this will brick as its not at the pre-wab firmware version.

If you have had your psp set at 2.0 with wab version changer and you come to do a firmware update and one sets the psp back to its pre-wab state (2.0 back to 1.50) this wont brick?

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 03:47
If you have had your psp set at 2.0 with wab version changer

**You won't see a firmware update""

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 04:13
Yes I changed (tricked) My 1.50 to 2.0
Kept it at 2.00 and deleted the WabChanger program.

Can now play any PSP game and Still Homebrew and Emulator.

dracox23
September 22nd, 2005, 04:58
if you ever want to update your firmware though, i heard alot of psps get bricked from using wab version changer.

dracox23
September 22nd, 2005, 05:07
so once you put files in psp folder, how do u run it, just go to memory card and games section like playing an emulator and click wab version changer? and ppl stated that u have to have ac plugged in to charge to use program? then afterwards i delete files and it goes back to normal? so i have to delete files each time i want to play nes emulator again?

dracox23
September 22nd, 2005, 05:26
From: Kurgan777 | Posted: 9/19/2005 11:44:22 PM | Message Detail
Just boot the UMD's with the Fastloader or UMD emulator v.8

Using the version changer, then trying to update the firmware at a later date results in a bricked PSP.

---
Blue Sky!
Black Death!!!

Psphreak
September 22nd, 2005, 09:15
Let's say hypothetically a 2.0 exploit is discovered and I want to update to it. Now, has anybody bricked their PSP when reverting back to version 1.50 from a faked 2.0 using WAB's version changer? Thanks

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 13:25
so once you put files in psp folder, how do u run it, just go to memory card and games section like playing an emulator and click wab version changer? and ppl stated that u have to have ac plugged in to charge to use program? then afterwards i delete files and it goes back to normal? so i have to delete files each time i want to play nes emulator again?

No you don't have to delete the Wab changer.
I did it because I like mine better at 2.0 and have no reason to change it.

If you delete it it will be at the setting you set it at 1.52 2.00 ect.
If you ever want to change back then put the program back on.

Also that's not true about bricking your psp if you have yours set at 2.00 it will not ask you to upgrade.
At least mine did not ask me to ???

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 13:29
if you ever want to update your firmware though, i heard alot of psps get bricked from using wab version changer.

I don't listen to rumors I hear.
I have not have it asked me to update yet on any new program

F34R
September 22nd, 2005, 15:01
When the WAB version changer is loaded on a version 2.0 PSP, the app runs, shows the PSP logo, then it prompts "the game could not be started" message after the logo disappears. This was done using a kxploit file in a PSP 2.0, seems the folder that corresponds "M1" or "%" runs, but the "M2" or "main homebrew" folder doesn't. Just in case anyone is interested.

You cannot run the app on a 2.0 PSP. That is why you are getting the error.

What dracox23 is trying to say is this:

You run the Wab changer, and set your 1.50 PSP to 2.0 (faked of course)
Then later you actually WANT to update to a later firmware version, for whatever added features. You will brick your PSP trying to run a real update on it.

Now there are a few considerations to take here. First, I havent seen any posts that claim this. Except for dracos' post, I havent heard of bricking your PSP. Next, IF it did brick someone's PSP, did they try and update while they were still running a tricked firmware version ? Or did they revert back to their original firmware version, update, then it bricked ?

Unless someone can answer these questions, and provide some sort of proof, then its all rumor and speculation.

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 15:11
We do need a Rumor post.
I have seen a lot of : "I've heard that"

Number one with no verification
1)If you update your Psp Version 1.00 to 1.50 you can't play Homebrew ???

2) If you upgrade while using the Wabchanger it will Brick your Psp?

(I have never been asked to upgrade with ANY game while using the 2.00 (trick)

We need to hear it firsdt hand from the person that it happend to not from the Rumor mill