PDA

View Full Version : rin wii channel wiimote edition - Gameboy Colour Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
May 3rd, 2008, 00:58
Linkinworm also made this:

hi i made the wiimote edition into a channel for you all
here is the link there are still bugs with this
1 you can only go from bottom to top so id have the games in a folder with the folder being starting with the lewest letter in the alphabet
2 you have to kinda hold the 2 buttom to enter the directory as shown in my video, games work fine with this once in the actual game

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

springsdc
May 3rd, 2008, 01:21
very very Thanks!

PeyeRate420
May 3rd, 2008, 01:49
thanx again linkinworm for posting this BTW he said he takes no credit for these but we appreciate the news so thanks linkinworm works you just have to hold 2 and tap up a bit once in the subdirectory i use this on my NTSC to play pokemon silver and zelda today thanks! one thing though if you press plus and minus it brings you to the menu screen but i cant seem to save then return to my game?! at least in pokemon silver the one i tried you cant or maybe im not pressing the right buttons? eitherway awesome channel and wiimote works! :) thanx!!

linkinworm
May 3rd, 2008, 02:19
thanx again linkinworm for posting this BTW he said he takes no credit for these but we appreciate the news so thanks linkinworm works you just have to hold 2 and tap up a bit once in the subdirectory i use this on my NTSC to play pokemon silver and zelda today thanks! one thing though if you press plus and minus it brings you to the menu screen but i cant seem to save then return to my game?! at least in pokemon silver the one i tried you cant or maybe im not pressing the right buttons? eitherway awesome channel and wiimote works! :) thanx!!
try holding the 2 button on the save option on the menu, im going to sort this problem out soon, iv only just started codeing for wii really
PS i take credit for the making everything but the emulators lol and some other stuff.

EDIT: i just found out while testing something that if you hold right to go the the bottom of the directory you can then go up by holdin the up button for a second but you cant go down, this is rather strange, im gona look into this right now

PeyeRate420
May 3rd, 2008, 05:25
listen bro ask the folks over at tehskeen forums ;) there real good about helping anyone with code ;) http://www.tehskeen.com/ and most of the original coders of the emulators reside there as well ;) just a tip!

EDIT: i just found out while testing something that if you hold right to go the the bottom of the directory you can then go up by holdin the up button for a second but you cant go down, this is rather strange, im gona look into this right now
thanks again for the tip that works pretty decent bro!

Athrador
May 4th, 2008, 01:55
Can you make a version with PAL60 support please?

linkinworm
May 4th, 2008, 02:22
this does support pal60 thats what im running my wii on are you on about the wiiRGB cables?

theotherfreakyguy
May 4th, 2008, 02:40
does this have a time limit? also, it's read from the front sd slot, correct?

linkinworm
May 4th, 2008, 03:02
does this have a time limit? also, it's read from the front sd slot, correct?naa theres no limit, and the front SD loading works perfect but there a small problem with the wiimote input which im currenty trying to fix. the problem is only in the directory sellection, the actual games work fine,

theotherfreakyguy
May 4th, 2008, 03:42
what directory do the roms need to be in? I installed it but it just shows a red error message I can't read (it's mostly off-screen, I have a old interlaced TV) and an email address.

Thanks

linkinworm
May 4th, 2008, 11:52
what directory do the roms need to be in? I installed it but it just shows a red error message I can't read (it's mostly off-screen, I have a old interlaced TV) and an email address.

Thanks
yea at that screen hold 1 + 2you might have to take the batterys out 1st, then it will link up and then you can sellect the roms, they can be in any folder, but because theres somthing wrong with the buttons you have to kinda hold them so put the roms in something like "Agamecoycolorroms"

theotherfreakyguy
May 4th, 2008, 22:26
Thanks, It's great to not have to navigate through twilight hack/homebrew channel to play RIN!

beelzebozo21
May 12th, 2008, 18:12
is anyone else having problems getting the controller to navigate the directories once the emulator boots? i can get the system to acknowledge that there's a wii remote connected, but it won't let me move the cursor to navigate to the rom directories.

linkinworm
May 12th, 2008, 22:28
is anyone else having problems getting the controller to navigate the directories once the emulator boots? i can get the system to acknowledge that there's a wii remote connected, but it won't let me move the cursor to navigate to the rom directories.yea i havnt sorted that out yet, just hold right for a second, then you can hold up to move up, its because of the move from natice homebrew to a channel it works slightly different

Athrador
May 24th, 2008, 04:05
this does support pal60 thats what im running my wii on are you on about the wiiRGB cables?

Exactly :(