PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 region locked for games and DVDs

wraggster
September 20th, 2005, 17:54
We can sort of deal with them region locking the DVD player — we’ve already got plenty of workarounds for that sort of thing — but it’s been confirmed that Microsoft has decided to be predictably lame and region lock their new Xbox 360 console for games, too, just like they did with the original Xbox. We were secretly hoping they’d steal a page from Sony’s playbook (they didn’t region lock games on the PSP), but no such luck.

Hawq
September 20th, 2005, 19:21
Wasnt it down to the games on the original Xbox? thought that was why the asian Halo 2 would boot up on any machine, either way sucks that they're locking the 360, ever since reading it on a less legit site the other day I've just thought even more that it'll be a while before gettin one of I do, hopefully by then it'll be modded

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 23:00
Wasnt it down to the games on the original Xbox? thought that was why the asian Halo 2 would boot up on any machine, either way sucks that they're locking the 360, ever since reading it on a less legit site the other day I've just thought even more that it'll be a while before gettin one of I do, hopefully by then it'll be modded

We all know that a system this powerfull is too tempting for our last gen xbox hackers to pass up eh? Im not too disappointed with the fact that its region locked.. as main consoles are always locked probably to prevent confusion between TV frequencies (not sure if thats true because) which isnt a very good excuse because... well if a kid in a garrage can figure out how to correct this a billion dollar corp. can too. But once again... since THE DAWN OF TIME (for me at least) in this video game world the mainstream consoles are almost always region locked (with the exception of the more recent handhelds.. and mabey more that i dont know about). So i dont feel let down.. I always mod my systems and I always purchase import games.. not a new exercise for me... but it does make waiting for a modchip much like waiting for a new console to come out sometimes :D