PDA

View Full Version : FCEUltra Rev22 Test 3 - Nes emulator for Wii

wraggster
May 3rd, 2008, 11:29
Suloku (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30627#post30627) has posted a new test release of the Nes Emulator for the Wii, heres whats new:

This is a new version, using nullex modified code.

Almost all working:
-No turbo
-No psoreload (working) combo
-Added classic controller stick and nunchuk+wiimote configuration (realy amusing controlling mario with two different pads at the same time lol)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

drkztan
May 3rd, 2008, 19:11
do u need the chip with this one or can i use it with the twilight hack?

PeyeRate420
May 3rd, 2008, 20:00
twilight hack is fine my friend thats all i use ;)

this is my new fav emulator i hope the VBA gba emu is setup the same way the nunchuck and wiimote are surprisingly VERY comfortable and i must say my new FAV control setup after tring river city ransom,mario 3, and contra you will see why this unfamiliar control scheme has become my favorite to date! phenomenal job guys! ill test it now hope i can load a second rom now thats all i really need :P just out of curiousity i am curious with buttons will be turbo z and c if i had to guess?! anyways thanks this really gets me excited for the future emulators its took first place from the SNES thanks to those controlls IMO this is the best emu! (riot with a chuck!)

pulproute
May 3rd, 2008, 20:42
Ya this emu is great, i loved too the control of the nunchuk.
I didnt tested with 2 players, but with one player its great.

Bad thing:
-It seems that you cant disconnect the nunchuk or the control freeze, but you can get it back when reconnecting it again.
-It seems that it cant load a second roms, at least the TP reboot works well
-We can save state, but cant save sram or load those 'save state'
-If you wiimote runs out of batery while ingame, it seems that you cant go back to the menu and reconnect it back :o

But I think that all those bug are already on the to do list of the dev, they have already done a great job, continue this! :)

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 3rd, 2008, 22:36
After more than 96 hours of investigation(and no sleep), I've finally got banners made for the emulator channels. No more black panels on our menus.

The first one is this version of FCEU, and released it over at ElOtroLado(http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_canal-fceu-nes-emulator-con-banner_1015738) and can download it directly from Mediafire(http://www.mediafire.com/?mjtmdv4govt)

It's working perfectly, only has a little error on the palette for the icon on the main menu, but will be corrected in the next update.
Read the "README" and the "WARNING" before you install please.

PeyeRate420
May 4th, 2008, 01:56
THANX FOR THIS AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU DO PARADOX GRACIAS!

PARADOX YOUR CHANNEL LOADS ROMS PERFECTLY! ITS THE BEST RELEASE SO FAR! TY!

EDIT: TESTED FCE WAD WORKS PERFECT! TY!!
just tested it with waninkoko's wad inst.2 and works beatifully maybe a bit to much RED or all one color ;) but a proovin concept ill up a video of this soon ;) with my usb cap device in high quality for youtube ;) thanx again paradox amazing work boss!

IF you decide to make a homebrew channel banner please send me a lin/PM i have very much looked foward to that!

about 2 wiimotes and chucks my friend b-rad and i beat mario 3 yesterday playing 2 player plays like a dream!

How To Load More Than One Rom..WITH ELF.

OK apparently there is a work around...some of the twilight hack users may have notice upon loading a (second) new rom after the initial rom loads will only result in an error...

well i found a way to load another rom without reseting but its a bit of a hoop to jump its all but a inflamed hoop :P

1 go to load new game
2: EVEN THOUGH YOU USE FRONT SD change the sd card slot to slot a as though you used sdgecko ;)
naturally it wont FIND any roms but thats ok..
3now try to load from the front sd again after the error...the emu will REscan your roms and play a new one ;)

so while this saves having to restart the emu its another 15 seconds of your life....LOL

anyway i noticed the menu is a lot easier to browse they fixed the browser very nicley we can now page by pressing right full rom names ect so its all but perfect just the small Rom loading issue upon launching a second rom :P

pulproute
May 4th, 2008, 23:42
well i found a way to load another rom without reseting but its a bit of a hoop to jump its all but a inflamed hoop :P

1 go to load new game
2: EVEN THOUGH YOU USE FRONT SD change the sd card slot to slot a as though you used sdgecko ;)
naturally it wont FIND any roms but thats ok..
3now try to load from the front sd again after the error...the emu will REscan your roms and play a new one ;)

Great, nice finding, i'll try it ! Maybe you should contact the dev at tehskeen. Its probably a fast fix if the problem is solved this way !

wiiwii147
May 7th, 2008, 12:28
Anyone have a problem with Super Mario Bros. rom? Everytime I load it it starts me off on the 0-1 world. I checked the rom on my computers NES emulator and it works perfect. Anyone else getting this problem?

masterchief929
May 7th, 2008, 12:33
very cool emu! :)

mbv401920150
May 20th, 2008, 16:07
Great channel!

Thanks!

AkumuHau
June 1st, 2008, 01:49
Im using this with Homebrew Channel but there's a problem, the emulator only load one game at a time, if i try to change the game, lots of random letters show up and it will just boot up the game that was previously selected, i have to restart the emulator (reboot the wii since it can't return to loader) each time i wanna change roms.

Anyone else have this problem?

DPyro
June 1st, 2008, 04:03
Where do I put the roms?

Edit: The version I downloaded was screwy...

striderx99
June 1st, 2008, 05:58
I'd love to try using this, but whenever I load roms (winzip format), it seems to unzip them and the emulator hangs. I also tried using 7zip to create roms in the .7z format, but the emulator says that they are bad when it unzips them. Can anyone help me to get this to work properly? Thanks :).

kingslime80
June 1st, 2008, 06:09
Try unzipping them and playing them as is.

Skm
June 4th, 2008, 12:57
if you can only load 1 game, then simply load the folder up (...) and it will remount the sd card.

boccman
June 6th, 2008, 02:13
Hello, I am using FCEUltra Rev22 Test 3 and it works just fine. I just have one problem, I cannot get back to the Homebrew Channel via the TP reload. Is this just my Wii or does the code just need to be updated? Thanks

loup
June 6th, 2008, 18:20
try rev. 23. He fixed the rom loading bug

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30666&postcount=73

boccman
June 7th, 2008, 00:11
try rev. 23. He fixed the rom loading bug

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30666&postcount=73

Thanks for the reply, I believe that i made a mistake with what i posted, i already have Rev23 Test 2....sorry.

My problem is that when i click "TP Reload" the Wii crashes. I was just wondering if that problem was isolated to my Wii or that the FCEUltra code for the exit script just needs to be fixed. I think i know the answer but am just wondering if anyone else is encountering the same problem as i am. Thanks again.

Skm
June 7th, 2008, 18:31
loup, can you attache the 23 version here? so all files can be downloaded from dcemu instead of searching other forums. ;)

loup
June 9th, 2008, 04:09
My problem is that when i click "TP Reload" the Wii crashes. I was just wondering if that problem was isolated to my Wii or that the FCEUltra code for the exit script just needs to be fixed.

Mine seems to freeze at this point as well. I can do a hard shutdown by holding the power button, but that's it.

loup, can you attache the 23 version here? so all files can be downloaded from dcemu instead of searching other forums. ;)

I would, but it isn't letting me right now. Maybe later.

phinn
June 20th, 2008, 18:49
Thanks for the link, the Rev23 (test2) is the best NES version I've used so far

boccman
June 21st, 2008, 04:08
Thanks for the reply. I just use the "Reboot Wii" button to reset the Wii from the emulator. I cant wait until someone releases an update for this emulator with proper wiimote support and the ability to return to the hbc. Thanks again

rayminette
June 21st, 2008, 11:11
Much better. Is there any way to load .fds (famicom disk system) images. The Windows version supports it, does the Wii version?

smileyreilly
June 26th, 2008, 19:44
can you put emulators on orb? cuz its hard to get the twilight hack and the homebrew channel to work...

kingslime80
June 27th, 2008, 04:49
can you put emulators on orb? cuz its hard to get the twilight hack and the homebrew channel to work...

Not to sound like a Noob, but what's an "orb"?