PDA

View Full Version : What Games Some Japanese People Want Remade

wraggster
May 3rd, 2008, 11:46
No surprises here! None at all! Japan's Dengeki Online polled a few of its readers, asking "Which video game do you want remade?" The results are:

1. Final Fantasty VII

2. Xenogears

3. Seiken Densetsu 3

4. Romancing Saga 3

5. Tactics Ogre

Holy shit! Japanese people really like FF VII. Did not know that. Hit the jump for the rest, along with other thrilling data.

6. Megami Ibunroku Perusona

7. Final Fantasy IX

8. Romancing SaGa 3

9. Saga Frontier

10. Wild Arms 2

Which platforms do they want the remakes to appear on? In order of popularity: PSP, PS3, PS2, DS, Wii and Xbox 360.

The biggest factor polled Dengeki readers would take into account was "improved graphics." That's usually how they do it!

http://kotaku.com/386399/what-games-some-japanese-people-want-remade

Keitaro Urashima
May 3rd, 2008, 12:35
Answer:
1. Final Fantasy VII, Xenogear & Final Fantasy IX should appear on DS & Wii.
2. DS & Wii.

cal360
May 3rd, 2008, 12:46
The final fantasy games would be the ones I also want remade, but honestly I haven't heard of any of the other games.

mistac
May 3rd, 2008, 12:57
After Resident Evil I'd like to see what could be done with Res Evil 2 + 3 on the DS.

I'm going to show my age here. I'd like to see a remade, whistles and bells version of Star Raiders II on the DS. I think it's one of those games that could fit the format perfectly and with the advance in technology since 1985 it would be nice to see some innovative additions to the original game.

davidcrew
May 3rd, 2008, 14:48
super mario rpg legend of the seven stars, chrono trigger, and mega man x series.

Shadowblind
May 3rd, 2008, 14:53
Thats what I like about non-Japanese countries. They like variety, not just RPGs.

Also why I like game companies outside japan.

Remade?

How about

Doom
Call of Duty
Tales of the Abyss
Klonoa
Sonic

Graxer0419
May 3rd, 2008, 16:30
Dont forget Shenmue! That would be brilliant for the Wii! Especially if the QTEs are carried out by real movements. Also Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask! (Preferably both as one game!) With Zelda it should be modernised (with new puzzles) and retold with Wii graphics, not just a re-release of the original. It should be much like what Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes was to Metal Gear Solid.

Nashxyzz
May 3rd, 2008, 17:16
I'd like to see:

all 3 the bard's tale pc / c64 versions
legacy of the ancients from c64
kid icarus from nes
Batman from nes
Spacehulk from psx

myuusmeow
May 3rd, 2008, 17:52
Final Fantasy IX on PSP with improved graphics....mmmm

@Shadowblind: Doom and Call of Duty on PSP with Doom with awesome graphics, COD staying the same....mmmm

kcajblue
May 3rd, 2008, 18:33
wild arms 2 is on that list.
i actually never beat the game.
but it was good from what ive played.

dont remember which one seiken densetsu 3 was.
too many of those ones.

osgeld
May 3rd, 2008, 21:04
Thats what I like about non-Japanese countries. They like variety, not just RPGs.

Remade?

How about

Doom
Call of Duty
Tales of the Abyss
Klonoa
Sonic

sounds good

heres my thing about japan, i just read an article on how they basicly have 0 free time, and how companies are making their games more suited towards this lifestyle

linden labs of second life fame dedicated large amounts of servers just recently so that ppl of this lifestyle can just pop for a more instant experiance

but yet they want 635 hours of the same old crap they always play??

what?

limming
May 3rd, 2008, 21:09
Super Mario RPG for DS (or Wii)
Final Fantasy VII, VIII for Wii

lagunareturns
May 3rd, 2008, 21:12
Final Fantasy IX on PSP with improved graphics....mmmm

Not just ff9 but butt 7 and 8. I would like completely remade graphics but i will also be happy for a hires one where the backgrounds are really hires....

Also i'd like to point out to the guy wanting remakes on ds and wii is an idiot, because none will be good remakes it they were on either system, and worse still touchscreen will have to be used when it is not needed, as for wii all ports will use pointless motion controls where it is not accurate as it should be and would be better just to press a button instead.

Please note that the preffered systems doesnt include ds or wii because it would be cheapo ports, thats even including ff4 on ds because it is a great effort for ds but shit to what it would have been on a psp (to me ff4 on ds is another cheap port of final fantasy games with voice acting included)

limming
May 3rd, 2008, 21:30
Not just ff9 but butt 7 and 8. I would like completely remade graphics but i will also be happy for a hires one where the backgrounds are really hires....

Also i'd like to point out to the guy wanting remakes on ds and wii is an idiot, because none will be good remakes it they were on either system, and worse still touchscreen will have to be used when it is not needed, as for wii all ports will use pointless motion controls where it is not accurate as it should be and would be better just to press a button instead.

Please note that the preffered systems doesnt include ds or wii because it would be cheapo ports, thats even including ff4 on ds because it is a great effort for ds but shit to what it would have been on a psp (to me ff4 on ds is another cheap port of final fantasy games with voice acting included)

If they would have remade FFIV for the PSP they would probably make it look like this:
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/789/789241/final-fantasy-ii-20070517022800474.jpg
(FFII for PSP)

And just because a game is made for the DS or Wii, it doesn't automatically have next-gen controls. Many developers choose not to use the special controls. And remember that this has no effect on what will happen in the future; it is just a poll.

sappo
May 3rd, 2008, 23:38
FF VII all the way on the Wii or DS.

JKKDARK
May 4th, 2008, 02:10
I don't want more Final Fantasy remakes :/

10shu
May 4th, 2008, 02:21
I would like to see remade for the 360 or the ps3:

-secret of mana
-speedball2 (a good remake)
-final fight
-captain commando
-actraizer
-capcom vs snk card clash
-chaos engine
-parasite eve
-asphalt
-target renegade

-super punch out (well... for the wii)

zelion
May 4th, 2008, 04:36
All of those games are damn well worth remaking. But its about time for a new Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle series game. Even if its a remake... Hell a port/remake of Tactics Ogre: LUCT for PSP or NDS even better, with multiplayer would be beautiful. That would definetly get my $$$.

Zin0099
May 4th, 2008, 08:43
final fantasy VII remake for ps3 and a psn download for ps3 as a ps0ne game plus on psp
also if you look at all ff7 games in the series of ff7 its all on ps formats
psone/ps2/psp/cell "oops" it's a sony not nintendo series

jaws365
May 4th, 2008, 11:17
Resident Evil 2
Golden Sun 1&2
F-Zero X

Balthasar00
May 4th, 2008, 17:08
in my list there would be ff 7 but vandal hearts too. Greatest trpg ever.

Eviltaco64
May 4th, 2008, 18:14
Mario 64 using the Mario Galaxy engine.
Zelda Ocarina of Time using the Twilight Princess engine.
Final Fantasy VIII
Any old school Mario or Sonic game.

zillion94
May 4th, 2008, 22:52
Ok, I am not Japanese but I'll add to the Mario party anyway... :) All my wish list material is for Wii/DS as that is what I have.

First off, I like when any new incarnation includes the original versions like Rampage for Wii did.

2nd: To the guy who suggested Star Raiders II for the DS... YES!!!! What an idea! We should get a beer sometime! :)

Sega needs to jump on board especially. SNK is awesome for porting collections and I wish Sega would do it with an ARCADE Classics- a kind of MAME/System 16/32 collection. I never got to play the Sega Ages remakes and would love those, and to continue with even newer ones (again, include arcade and old Sega console versions as well).

Sega should do remakes ala Mario All Stars with the Sonic series, Wonder Boy, and ALEX KIDD!!

Shinobi
AfterBurner
Golden Axe (I hope the new one isn't just the name)
SPACE HARRIER!
ALTERED BEAST!

And Now... my biggest wish lists (drum roll):

Govellius : Valley of Doom (always need a sequel and DS would be perfect!)

How about ZILLION 3!? (W. remakes/original of 1+2)

Capcom - Strider (plus anthology (Strider 2 arcade is way underrated!)

Alternate Reality (anyone remember on Atari800XL.. they made The City and The Dungeon but about 4-5 others were scrapped after the planning stages)

Bleek
May 5th, 2008, 02:57
No surprises here! None at all! Japan's Dengeki Online polled a few of its readers, asking "Which video game do you want remade?" The results are:

1. Final Fantasty VII

2. Xenogears

3. Seiken Densetsu 3

4. Romancing Saga 3

5. Tactics Ogre

Holy shit! Japanese people really like FF VII. Did not know that. Hit the jump for the rest, along with other thrilling data.

6. Megami Ibunroku Perusona

7. Final Fantasy IX

8. Romancing SaGa 3

9. Saga Frontier

10. Wild Arms 2

Which platforms do they want the remakes to appear on? In order of popularity: PSP, PS3, PS2, DS, Wii and Xbox 360.

The biggest factor polled Dengeki readers would take into account was "improved graphics." That's usually how they do it!

http://kotaku.com/386399/what-games-some-japanese-people-want-remade

This list is actually pretty good. There are some great games on there that most Americans never played the originals and wouldn't really appreciate the remakes. Like Seiken Densetsu 3 (aka Secret of Mana 3) was a great game I played a rom that was translated into english. Romancing Saga 3 is pretty good. Wild Arms 2 would an awesome remake. Finally, SaGa Frontier (one of the best PS1 rpgs, well atleast a personal fave - I still play it ocassionally as I still have the original game.) would be hands down the best remake on PS3 with fresh life like graphics......

well thats my .02

a man can dream.........

vatomalo
May 5th, 2008, 17:21
I would like to see Seiken Densetsu 3 and even 2 remade, actually most of the games on the original list are great games to remake. So i do agree with remaking the final fantasy series,

I usually do not like non-japanese game makers.
so i would not like to see those games remade:rofl:

Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post

Remade?

How about

Doom
Call of Duty
Tales of the Abyss
Klonoa
Sonic

dark heart
May 6th, 2008, 07:19
final fantasy VII? hell yeah! you won't understand why that is until you've played crisis core to the end :P