PDA

View Full Version : Zodttd has a Pandora and Discusses it :)

wraggster
May 3rd, 2008, 21:43
Zodttd has acquired a developers version of the Pandora and posted this on his blog:

Today I am working with a very cool upcoming gaming handheld. It will run all the emulators you see here and much much more. It should be capable of fullspeed Sony Playstation 1, with the ability to beat out the PSP in performance of emulators such as N64. It's a beast, and best of all it's 100% homebrew friendly. No jailbreaking needed, no unlocking, no fuss.

Here's its specs:

ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
430-MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP Core
PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
Wifi 802.11b/g & High Speed USB Host
Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV output
Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
Around 10+ Hours battery life

Yes, that means a bigger and better screen, wifi, faster video chipset, faster processor, upgradable storage, and analog and digital controls with a full keyboard. The possibilities are endless.

With this beast is in my hands, good things are to come. More information as things develop.
ZodTTD

The Pandora Dream is getting closer :)

-Xandu-
May 3rd, 2008, 21:47
Nice, looking forward to this!!

Rebrek
May 4th, 2008, 04:46
If this thing does N64 at a playable speed, I'll die. Even if it doesn't, I'll still go into a coma if I ever actually get one.

sukhi-2006
May 9th, 2008, 04:21
Zodttd always does a good job on psx emulators especially the hard work he put in psx on gp2x it was great project.
I know for sure zodttd you can make this emulator run full speed without any problem.
I hope to see the psx emulator run full speed on pandora it should be no problem.

pkmaximum
May 10th, 2008, 02:34
Man I would love to see this playing n64 at full speed, to have Zelda Ocarina of Time on a hand held would truly be epic =D

Lodis
May 22nd, 2008, 16:08
Man I would love to see this playing n64 at full speed, to have Zelda Ocarina of Time on a hand held would truly be epic =D

I play Zelda Ocarna of Time and many other N64 titles on a hand held with no problems.

However, I think it will be a very long time before fast N64 emulation comes to the Pandora.

JKKDARK
May 22nd, 2008, 17:47
Yes not many developments about n64 emus

pkmaximum
May 26th, 2008, 07:12
I play Zelda Ocarna of Time and many other N64 titles on a hand held with no problems.

However, I think it will be a very long time before fast N64 emulation comes to the Pandora.

How about shedding a little bit of light and telling me what hand held your talking about =/