PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.4

wraggster
May 3rd, 2008, 20:57
Hell Hibou (http://perso.latribu.com/decker/wii/) has released a new version of Wii Homebrew Launcher, heres the release details

The Wii version 0.4 of Homebrew Launcher is available. This version allows you to use the buttons on the wiimote, however, to avoid having to go to the GC mannette the wiimote (because all the homebrew do not use wiimote) it is still possible to use the lever GC .

Unfortunately, in order to implement the wiimote, it took me delete function to remove the SD card when one is in my homebrew. If you remove the card, you must restart the Homebrew.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

PeyeRate420
May 4th, 2008, 01:31
wow gr8 news it can only get better from here maybe one day soon i wont need my GC pad at all for my brew! wooot gr8 work thanks again hell_hibou!

tehnoir
May 4th, 2008, 01:32
Hmm...if the only change is Wiimote support I'll probably just stick to v0.3 for now. I remove the SD card a surprising number of times when I'm using the launcher, heh.

linkinworm
May 4th, 2008, 02:24
it would be nice if the wiimote didnt disconnect when you run homebrew in the 1st place.

PeyeRate420
May 4th, 2008, 03:05
what he said! :P :P for sure! lol

that will be the case when all the homebrew released is caught up with wiimote support i would guess yeah?

drkztan
May 4th, 2008, 09:17
wow
finally wiimote support..
didnt freakin know u could remove the sd btw xD
i just turned it of to remove it XD

RockyRan
May 4th, 2008, 18:15
I've translated (actual translation. Not through an online translator) the Readme (LisezMoi) file to English for non-French speakers. Granted, I'm not a native French speaker, but this was to the best of my abilities.

Wii Homebrew Launcher
--------------------

Created by Hell Hibou
Designer: Cladil
Libraries: FatFs par ChaN
Front-SD based on the work of svpe
wiiuse

E-mail: [email protected]

Wii Homebrew Launcher is an interface similar to that of the Wii's.
It allows launching of Homebrew applications through 'Front-SD' loading.
Each Homebrew application is represented by a customizable channel.

Installation
------------

- Copy the boot.elf file to an SD card.

- Create a "Homebrew" folder in the root of the SD card.

For Every Homebrew Application :

- Create a sub folder in the "Homebrew" folder (8 caracters max)

- Copy the Homebrew elf file to that folder and rename it "boot.elf".

- [Optional] To give a name to that Homebrew application, create a title.txt
file, open it, and enter the name that you want.

- [Optional] To assign a specific icon to the application, create a
132x95 image with a bmp, 24 bit format. Name it title.bmp and copy it to
the folder of that homebrew application.

Usage
-----------

Navigation of the Homebrew Launcher is done through the GameCube control
stick or through the Wii Remote.

At the startup screen, press A in the GameCube Controller or press 1 and 2 in
the Wii Remote

- UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT : Select a Homebrew Application
- A : Launch the selected application
- R/L +/- : Change the page (if there more than 11 Homebrew applications)
- Select/Home : Bring up the Menu

I've noticed that the Readme says nothing of the "SYSTEM" folder included in the download, but I'm guessing that it's also copied along with the boot.elf found in the download. I can't test the Homebrew Launcher, so I can't say if you have to copy the "SYSTEM" folder or not. Maybe some HL veterans will be able to help me on that.:D

siggy2guitar
May 4th, 2008, 18:31
will he be adding the SD reload option back?

xsomax
May 4th, 2008, 18:56
Good support but one question: In the config file, HOW do i say him that he should take this mode?

# Define video mode
VideoMode = auto
VideoMode = PAL
VideoMode = mPAL
# VideoMode = euRGB60
VideoMode = NTSC

This?

Define video mode
VideoMode = auto
VideoMode = PAL
VideoMode = mPAL
# VideoMode = euRGB60
VideoMode = NTSC

This? or

# Define video mode
#VideoMode = auto
#VideoMode = PAL
# VideoMode = mPAL
VideoMode = euRGB60
# VideoMode = NTSC

This? Maybe thats why all gets red on my screen?

pulproute
May 4th, 2008, 23:46
Its this

# Define video mode
# VideoMode = auto
# VideoMode = PAL
# VideoMode = mPAL
VideoMode = euRGB60
# VideoMode = NTSC

The caracter '#' is used to set the line in 'comment ', this way it isn't seen by the prog.

xsomax
May 5th, 2008, 11:00
Thx for the help but i do get the red screen problem, again (when the launcher starts its red, when i press 1+2 it turns black but i can choose something, that (Snes Emulator) gets also red . What am I doing wrong?

psy2501
May 5th, 2008, 11:37
Thanks guys, that works nice.
no more need for wires : )

mr_nick666
May 5th, 2008, 12:27
If anyone is interested I have created a Custom Icon Pack and a Classic Wii XMB Theme for this...

The icons...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/MisterNick666/WiiBrew-5.png

They can be downloaded here (http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?topic=7526.msg41804#msg41804)

The Theme...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/MisterNick666/WiiLaunchMenu2N666.png

Download here (http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?topic=7648.msg42065#msg42065)

WhizzBang
May 5th, 2008, 12:47
These look great! I didn't know there was a Spectrum emu for Wii, or have you made an image in advance and are hoping one will turn up?

mr_nick666
May 5th, 2008, 13:42
I made a few "wish" icons too! :o Optimism is EVERYTHING! ;)

Sir_Voe
May 5th, 2008, 18:16
Great job mr nick666. I've been putting off trying this launcher, but your icons are so nice I decided to take the plunge. Thanks for sharing them.

KristenBaldousor
May 5th, 2008, 19:20
I had seen around many person are using the homebrew channel to run their homebrew, is this the one that only last for 10 minutes or is there another one that has no time limit?

mr_nick666
May 5th, 2008, 19:23
Its not packaged with this but there IS an unlimited HB Channel around (been about for a while now).. You may wish to wait though as it seems Team Tweezers are on the brink of an official unlimited release ;)

PeyeRate420
May 6th, 2008, 20:34
i heart the bubbles in the BG of the new official channel wonder if i might have some flames or if the video will be customizable :)

masterchief929
May 6th, 2008, 22:14
those are really cool icons! thnx

mr_nick666
May 7th, 2008, 08:56
i heart the bubbles in the BG of the new official channel wonder if i might have some flames or if the video will be customizable :)

I really hope its fully customisable :D

those are really cool icons! thnx

Glad you like em mate :)

PeyeRate420
May 8th, 2008, 04:51
i think your theme is even nicer than your amazing icon pack you should post a link for it nick (its way better than cladil's art i must confess)

mr_nick666
May 8th, 2008, 23:00
The download link for my theme is on the second page here ;) (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148061115&postcount=13)

naraku00
May 23rd, 2008, 08:10
i'm sorry the wiimote doesn't work. after going into the channel and infront of the press a or + and -.

when i press a button on the wiimote, the wiimote blinks all 4 lights and then dies.

help

pulproute
May 23rd, 2008, 13:40
You need to press + and -... the a button is for gamecube controller, this version works for both controller.

benbag
May 26th, 2008, 07:42
someone make a youtube video on how to install this pls. its too hard and the readme is confusing. and i do not want to brick my wii!