PDA

View Full Version : How Many Hours Do You Game Each Day?

wraggster
May 3rd, 2008, 23:06
Yep, yep. Talking time. It's Friday night and that means the TUD Girafe is ready to listen. So let's talk. We've got a feature here on Kotaku called "Tell Us Dammit" or "TUD." How it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interesting in knowing you, Kotaku reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Today's question:

How many hours do you game a day?

Shit man, with my schedule these days, I'm super lucky if I can get in between an half an hour or an hour a day. Been playing shmups like Mushihime-sama loads at my neighborhood arcade. Really helps me relax.

http://kotaku.com/386833/how-many-hours-do-you-game-each-day

Gene
May 3rd, 2008, 23:11
I used to play lots, with my ps3 and all. But now, because of school, work, and girls. I play something like 2-3 hours a week. Really not a lot at all.

ICE
May 3rd, 2008, 23:30
Maybe 30 minutes to an hour.

JKKDARK
May 3rd, 2008, 23:38
less than one hour per week lately

wolfpack
May 3rd, 2008, 23:39
i used to game it up at least 3 - 4 hours a day... but this past year since ive actually gotten a life (haha) i get about at most an hour a day, 3 days a week... it sucks

greengorilla5
May 3rd, 2008, 23:46
29 hours a day;);)

Triv1um
May 4th, 2008, 00:08
Since GTA about 9 hours a day. Haha.

Before that about 2 hours a day if i get time.

10shu
May 4th, 2008, 03:06
something like 3 hours every 2 day...

watupgroupie
May 4th, 2008, 03:11
Probably 4-6 hours on weekends and maybe 1 during the week. I live in the middle of nowhere, nothing every to do and can't drive yet. I'll probably only play 1 hour a day when I can drive so I can go see friends more often. :)

motomono
May 4th, 2008, 04:18
About 1 hour a day in the train to work. I like to play with my NDS some minutes in the WC :eek: (thats, mmmmm, about 1-1/2 hour plus counting a total week???? :eek:

Also, I play about 2 hours on friday nights. :D

mike_jmg
May 4th, 2008, 06:18
around 2-3 hours daily, cause I got a job, sometimes I play at my job hahaha, mostly lunch time and on mondays when my boss has a meeting and I'm all by myself with nothing to do except gaming :rofl:

Penguinator
May 4th, 2008, 11:22
On Friday and Saturday, I would say about 10 to 12 hours.
On schooldays and Sunday, from 4 to 6 hours.
I'm starting to have problems to find good enough single player games.
HELP ME!

loredan
May 4th, 2008, 12:03
Supp to all the dcemu team and members ive been a member of this site for about 2 years and i have really not posted a message at all i think i did once,anyway i would just like to say thank you for all that u guys do u bring free fun into our lives and no one really appreciates it so thanks oh yeah i play about 5hrs a day im actually hooked on gears still.

oooooomonkeys
May 4th, 2008, 14:59
i used to play more but now its only between about 6 and 10 hours a day

____anders____
May 4th, 2008, 17:03
hmm, maybe around 4 hours?;):D

limming
May 4th, 2008, 18:35
I usually play several hours a day unless I have things going on, which is happening more often. Like when I have a school project I don't have any time for video games (because I put it off until the last day to work on it).

Pilot_51
May 4th, 2008, 20:09
I use Xfire to track my PC gaming hours. Recently I've been about 30 hours/week, so that averages to about 4 hours/day. Sometimes it goes down to about 15 hours/week (or less if I've got something in real life taking up my week) or as high as about 45 hours/week. I typically play about 5 different games through the week for longer than an hour, sometimes over 10, unless I pick up an addiction for any one game but even then I usually cram in a couple other games at least.

My time in non-PC games remains vastly untracked and I need to estimate. About 95% of my non-PC gaming is on my DS, which ranges from almost nothing in a week to a good 20 hours/week depending on how deep I get into a game. Phantom Hourglass was the most recent licensed game to take many of my hours, something like 20 during one week, but I beat it a couple months ago and I'm back to relying on homebrew to keep me entertained. A few weeks ago I discovered the wonders of OpenTyrian, which I spent maybe 10 hours in one week.

I can feel life creeping up on me, so I don't think I'll ever get as much game time as I did about a month ago with almost 50 hours/week on about 14 different PC games.

Rocksil
May 4th, 2008, 21:38
tbh like 10 hours a day or maybe even more

one winged angel
May 5th, 2008, 01:14
5 to 7 hours a day
at saturday and sunday more

tony_vodka2
May 5th, 2008, 17:02
Couple hours a day , but now i have gta4 thats prob doubled .

Sonicboy 101
May 5th, 2008, 17:03
Not as much as I used to anymore.

Kramer
May 5th, 2008, 19:05
Im playing about 4 hours a day of COD4 online on the 360 im like ranked 1500 in the world ROFL.

Im actually involved in a COD4 tournament ATM with $5000 prize money to win so im practising every night.....

jools
May 5th, 2008, 23:03
about 4-5 hours a week ^^ lol (including programing time)
I used to play and program alot more but now I've got my girlfriend, band, art and friends so thats all the time I get. =/

Sp3ct0r
May 7th, 2008, 03:46
about 4-5 hours a week ^^ lol (including programing time)
I used to play and program alot more but now I've got my girlfriend, band, art and friends so thats all the time I get. =/

Aww that sucks dude. You should get your priorities straight and lose all of those things so you have more time for gaming lol :P

R4mbo
May 7th, 2008, 12:26
~2-3 hours a day.

robman84
May 9th, 2008, 19:28
About 2% of the amount of time I spend reading websites about games...

Nah, probably about 2 hours per week, tops. Wish I had a long daily train journey - I'd hit the DS hard!