PDA

View Full Version : NeoDS v0.1.1 - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
May 6th, 2008, 17:35
ingramb (http://groups.google.com/group/neods) has today released a new version of the excellent Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS:

Heres whats new:

* Added level2 sprite cache in slot2 ram (if installed)
* Increased rom page size (fix grenades Metal Slug 1)
* Fix interrupt acknowledge (fix Metal Slug 2)
* Fix tile layer palette update (Last Blade 2 gui)
* Update converter to use latest MAME data (fix issues with King of Fighters 98, etc)
* Thanks to FluBBa for a DAA Z80 instruction that doesnt need a stupid lookup table (saves ram)
* Fixed -bios options in NeoDSConvert

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

paul3100
May 6th, 2008, 17:55
yep metal slug 2 now works perfectly :-)

paul

havoc_012
May 6th, 2008, 20:03
Thanks. A winner is you. =)

Penguinator
May 6th, 2008, 20:59
Now at least it gives some error message, instead of green screen:

Z80 ERROR

And what would that be? Anyone?

havoc_012
May 6th, 2008, 21:40
Noob question but, how do you get the emulator to recognize the slot 2 ram?

I have a M3 Simply and a M3 MiniSD. I've already got several games up and running, but no luck on the slot 2 ram yet.

Do I need to make another cache? I'm stuck at the moment. =(

Mini Moose
May 6th, 2008, 22:27
YES!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!!! This is just too awesome!!!!! [:

juiceface
May 6th, 2008, 23:28
thank you sir, updating now

Mini Moose
May 7th, 2008, 00:20
Also, when I try to play Metal Slug X it gives me this "Z80 ERROR" message, but other than that every game I care about works.

sakuenn
May 7th, 2008, 01:46
I haven't been able to get Last Blade 2 to work at all, i keep getting the grid of death. Is it my rom, thats messed up? because I can run the game on mame. =/ Ive tried 2 different last blade files so far. Ive gotten the 1st Last Blade to work...

havoc_012
May 7th, 2008, 01:50
On your last blade 2 file there may be 2 files called "243-p1" and "243-p2" change those files to end with "243-pg1" and "243-pg2"

crookedmouth
May 7th, 2008, 01:55
Sounds awesome, thanks for the update!

sakuenn
May 7th, 2008, 02:46
thx havoc ill try to see if that works, and thx for the emulator, now if someone could finish the neo geo pocket emulator. Ive always wanted one of those things but never got one. D:

TheGrandPubaa
May 7th, 2008, 03:30
Can anybody confirm if this emulator utilizes the PSRAM in the EZ Flash 3 in 1? I didn't seem to notice any performance or load time differences whatsoever when I initialized it's RAM.

Meloku
May 7th, 2008, 05:43
Not working with my Supercard MiniSD ;_;

paul3100
May 7th, 2008, 07:56
Can anybody confirm if this emulator utilizes the PSRAM in the EZ Flash 3 in 1? I didn't seem to notice any performance or load time differences whatsoever when I initialized it's RAM.

Good question only i would like to know what difference it makes using the extra ram from slot 2 cards cause as above quote says he never noticed a difference.

I have a supercard lite and have to say i haven't noticed any difference either and most games work almost perfectly with out it..

paul

israelg
May 7th, 2008, 14:08
NeoDS does NOT load, I got the lower screen in black and upper screen is white...

Should I Re-Create all the neo files again ? is this
causing the problem ?

The OLD version still work very well...

Thanks

I.G

paul3100
May 7th, 2008, 15:09
Should I Re-Create all the neo files again ? is this
causing the problem ?

I would not have thought so! i didn't redo the roms just replaced the old neods with the new one and it worked, infact some games that didn't work now do.

What card are you using anyway? i suggest you delete the old neods file and just place the new one in its place making sure that neods and any game roms are all in the main root of your card.

paul

TechRat
May 7th, 2008, 15:44
I've got four words for you: SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS.

It works perfectly and averages 45-55 fps.

This emulator blows my mind.

Since the newest release, all games I've tried have worked, many at 60fps. This includes:

Karnov's Revenge
Metal Slug 1,2,X
Spinmaster
Ninja Commando
Ninja Combat
Shock Troopers
Viewpoint
Magician Lord
Nam 1975

And by the way, I'm using a GnM. Take THAT, Datel haters! :)