PDA

View Full Version : Having Some Trouble with PSP Genesis and Snes9x

pspfan
September 22nd, 2005, 06:11
Hello again. Well, I'm still learning, but I've come to another point where I need some help. I have just recently tried putting on my first emulators. They seem to work alright because I can see the icons and I can see that it took some space from my memory stick. However, whenever I try to load the roms I put on it, I get the game could not be loaded 80020001 or whatever error. I have version 1.5 firmware. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Heran_Bago
September 22nd, 2005, 06:51
Look (see the search button?) for a guide on using kxploit. Sadly, you can't just put the emulator on the PSP and play it, you need to trick your PSP into loading it. Another tool called Sei will also do the trick.

slik da relic
September 22nd, 2005, 09:42
these r already setup:

premade emus (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8972)

da relic

pspfan
September 24th, 2005, 02:02
Just a bit after I posted this, I got it to work. However, I still can't play any games. I boot up PSP Genesis and it works and load up the screen, and then it says "Current Dir: [ ms0:/PSP/GAME/PSPGENESIS/Roms/ ] which is where I have my two roms: Jungle.gg (The Jungle Book game from game gear) and Sonic.gg (Sonic 2 from game gear). However, neither of the roms show up and I don't know why that is. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kaiser
September 24th, 2005, 04:30
A good guess is that maybe .gg format is not supported. Never used it or even heard of the file type.

pspfan
September 24th, 2005, 05:49
On the SNES, SEGA & NES Games and Emulators, what works, what doesn't and how they stack up (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7353) thread, it says that the Sega Genesis emulators, including PSP Genesis also play Game Gear (and MegaDrive). Also on that thread, both games I have (Sonic the Hedgehog and The Jungle Book) are listed under working PSP Genesis games. I hope I can get these to work because I would love to bring back those memories of my friends Game Gear. (The Jungle Book was such a fun game!) Once again, any help would be awesome. Thanks.

F34R
September 24th, 2005, 05:51
When I get home from work, I'll see what I can do. Look for a new Sega guide coming soon as well.

Kaiser, I havent forgotten it, just been busy. Finally got my house almost clean from the flood.

pspfan
September 24th, 2005, 05:59
Alright thanks. Coincidentally, I was just going to PM you asking if you could help because you know so much. :)

F34R
September 24th, 2005, 06:05
I know this stuff from reading others experiences and just experiementing with things a lot. I am not too afraid of bricking my PSP, but I am as cautious as I can be hehe.

pspfan
September 24th, 2005, 08:30
Well, of course, when I tried to put on Snes9x again, I came across different problems. Just like with the PSP Genesis, I got it to load this time, but rather than not being able to play the games (I can on this one), I can't seem to find how to get to the options menu to change your settings. When I load up my game (Mortal Kombat 3) it is reeeeeeeeeally slow and that is why I would like to find the Snes9x options menu so I can take it up to 333 and adjust other stuff to make it faster.

Kimimoro
September 24th, 2005, 11:10
I posted this same problem yesterday, you just load a rom then press the analogue stick left :)

F34R
September 24th, 2005, 20:52
There ya go. Kimimoro has saved the day ! ;)

pspfan
September 24th, 2005, 22:40
OK, thanks. I'll try that in a sec, but I still would really like to get the PSP Genesis stuff working :).

F34R
September 25th, 2005, 05:46
I had to work late, 18hrs, so I didnt get a chance to mess with it. I will get everything running, and provide a detailed guide within the next day or so.

Update:

I had a few mins at work, so I downloaded the genesis stuff. I was able to get it all running, and it doesnt support .gg files. It doesnt play game gear as far as I can tell. I only spent about 10 mins with it so far, but I'll update more when I am able to test it more thoroughly.

FYI: The rom file I used was a homebrew .bin file.

pspfan
September 25th, 2005, 07:30
So it doesn't play Game Gear after all. Oh well, I just thought it did because that thread said it did. I guess I'll have to settle for getting the SMS emulator that supports Game Gear games, but has a very small screen size :/. Thanks anyway.