PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar announces plans for first UMD movie

wraggster
September 22nd, 2005, 17:59
Rockstar Games, developer and publisher of the controversial Grand Theft Auto titles, has announced plans to release a brand new documentary film on the UMD format.

Sunday Driver follows the adventures of the Compton/Watts chapter of California's low rider car club, The Majestics. It's described as "a portrait of a community working together to build the ultimate customised vehicles, while struggling to legitimise their lifestyle under close scrutiny of the authorities."

The film promises an upfront look at the club from its origins to the present day, and features first person interviews with the Majestics themselves.

"Films have always had a hand in influencing everything we create at Rockstar," said Rockstar president Sam Houser.

"Our goal was to create a film with the same cutting edge, uncompromising cinematic content that we strive for in our games. We are extremely proud of Sunday Driver as an evolution of the Rockstar brand into film."

Sunday Driver will be released on UMD, Sony's proprietary format for use with the PlayStation Portable handheld, this autumn.

Shiaoran
September 23rd, 2005, 02:47
can be cool, but can be a disaster... they naver made a movie before, only games... remember Mario Bros?
I hope thay do it fine

Cap'n 1time
September 23rd, 2005, 04:57
Im getting sick of rockstar... and thats all I wanted to say...

they were bad ass in GTA and the London expansion. they were cool in the days of GTA 2... they sold out, but were still cool in GTA 3... now im just sick and tired of them... get some new material white boys.

Shiaoran
September 23rd, 2005, 17:44
true... I still play GTA2, but I hate those 2 new ones...