PDA

View Full Version : New Wii channel launches in US

Shrygue
May 7th, 2008, 18:38
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188507)

Nintendo has released its Nintendo Channel in America this morning, a special Wii service that brings a number of game demos, trailers and a game database system that sounds quite sweet.

According to posters on NeoGaf, DS demos can be downloaded to the console directly, while trailers and developer interviews are streamed directly to consoles.

More interestingly is the 'Find Titles for You' section. It's essentially a front end to a database containing information about every game available on all Nintendo consoles, but users can add their own thoughts to the data pile.

That means for every game you've played for more than an hour, you can rate it via a questionnaire and submit the information to get your opinion counted.

Not only does this info show up when people search for the game using the channel's search feature, but it records your preferences and will recommend titles based on your feedback.

Virtual Console and Wii Software titles can also be downloaded directly when searched for, so you no longer have to trawl through the cumbersome and slow shopping channel to find the game you want to buy.

It sounds promising. European Wii owners will have to wait until May 30 to find out if it's as good as it appears to be.

daknight
May 7th, 2008, 19:02
I gave it a test run and it doesn't seem to clash with any of the homebrew stuff release right now (I am sure some people might have had those toughts)

The VC games can be downnload, but the Wii Software can't be downloaded (as the info suggest) what you can do is purchase it threw the Nintendo Channel (actually it redirects you to a page in the Internet Channel). If a title interest you, you hit 'Purchase' and it will direct you to a specil page with store that are selling it online so you can make the purchase that way. Pretty nice and sure will raise sale of game since people are more willing to buy a game from a trailer, heck the trailer of Deca Sports almost made me buy it xP

The interface is pretty clean too, the DS software demo is restricted to only those people that allow to send information of the activites you have with your Wii (as in the games you play, etc, etc) Otherwise you can't use the DS download station.

Is pretty good channel actually, again like I said reallyclean looking, super easy to navigate and right now has quite a list of trailers (though most are for Nintendo games, there are quite a few third party ones). Have yet to use other features, but once I do, I'll comment about them

mcdougall57
May 8th, 2008, 01:17
im just worried about an update that might activate the new IOS37 and render my mod chip useless, good thing i still have a copy of TP ;)

PeyeRate420
May 8th, 2008, 03:26
the update would cause the TP hack to be broke first what with the wad installer being used for VC and wiiware installation on us and euro WIi systems ect... its as much a threat as the ISO loading of a chip dont you think? :confused:

Dr Eggman
May 8th, 2008, 23:56
Its good, expecially the DS Download Play.