PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 2006 Review

YourStillWithMe
September 22nd, 2005, 21:43
Yes, you guessed it right its time for an EARLY review of Madden 2006 so you guys know what to truly expect from this excellent game franchise!!!
I got it today (the release date) because im huge Madden fan and im not just a gamer I love sports such as Golf, Basketball, Football, and Pool.

Anyway just as a quick start

Does this game REQUIRE AN UPDATE? YES! It comes with a 1.52 update (as i predicted) so 1.5 users just go get the WAB trick it works and i stake my life on it!! for all you noobs it works! when the game is inserted you can even select the update and it wont do it your ok!

Anyay heres my review people

Graphics - 9 out of 10

Can you say E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T? These graphics are the most amazing thing i've ever seen on a handheld system. You played the DS version? That is like an Atari game compared to the PSP. The only thing that i thought was dissapointing and thats why its not a 10 is because you dont see there faces pretty much AT ALL. But its not like its an Xbox, right? Good job right here EA!

Controls- 9 out 10
Ok so theres no dual analog control and you cant flip a play obviously since you dont have the right analog but its VERY CLOSE to perfection. You can still view your play as you would with R2 on PS2 and see there routes, hot routes, Line Audibles on defense, and you can view your play on defense and also make your defensive backs change there assignments. Th controls are as goo as they can get on your psp

Gameplay 8 out 10
When a player catches the ball you know it and your not thinking "is that my guy!?" like you would on other handheld systems and the running game is smoother than a babys butt. . .the spin, juke and stiff arm are golden. The analog control is perfected onto the psp for the first launched Madden game.

Replay Value 8 out 10
You can load your rosters form your PS2 version of madden NFL 2006! How sick is that, come on!? Also there is actually A FRANCHISE MODE!!! No more of that 989 NBA "lets just play a single season!" I'm sure that you draft your players but i do not know as seeing as i just got the game today. So you can go through the game and make trades and stuff and keep playing and playing until your fav team bores the heck out of you!

Loading Time- 6 out 10
IT IS NOT GREAT but i've seen worse Example-Tiger Woods 05 on psp.
The only time its a bit sketchy sometimes is in between plays. Loading up the game is good, there are previews to upcoming EA sports games on the psp that load perfectly, theres a pic of the winner from the Madden Bowl, (feature) and the commentary speed is very well done and there is actually VERY GOOD commentary.

Sound- 8 out of 10
Ok, so we all have heard John Madden about like 438439548 times over the years in this game series but the commentary is very good and during the snap the players yell out stuff like "red 79!" and "hut 1" like it was on ps2.
There also is a bit of a soundtrack as opposed to the attempted DS version with one song. I think theres like 4-5 songs but im not ENTIRELY sure.

Overall 9 out 10
Do I need to say anymore? Go buy Madden NFL 2006' or for all you evil people-go downlod it because i has a 1.52 update 1.00 and 1.50 users!
but then again theres the WAB trick program and i have tried it out tonight! it works people when the games with the updates are loaded!!!!
(thanks to enterman on psupdates for that bit of info because i didnt believe anyone else he said he stook his life on it; cant beat that, right?)

EA Sports! It's In The Game

I have just added a sound section and gameplay because F34R pointed out that i forgot those teehee sorry im stupid sometimes :p also i've taken away unecessary questions i asked that have been solved thanks to Enterman!

F34R
September 23rd, 2005, 01:34
I commend you on doing a review. A few things though. You didnt include a "Gameplay" or "Sound" category. Those two should definately be in there. According to your review, we know what to expect before the snap of the ball, but nothing afterwards. How does the passing game feel ? How easy is it to run the ball. Is the defense AI hard, easy, etc.

The only other thing I see, according to your scoring, is that your scores average out to an 8/10.

I will be picking the game up Friday evening, so I'll post my review once I've spent a few hours with it. If its ok, I'll just post it in this thread, rather than making a new one.

Please dont take my criticism the wrong way. I am just pointing out things that help people make that choice to either buy the game, or not.

YourStillWithMe
September 23rd, 2005, 01:49
nah your def right man haha i'll add those in

your review in here would be awesome. It gives people a 2nd opinion "on the field!" ;)

F34R
September 23rd, 2005, 02:13
nah your def right man haha i'll add those in

your review in here would be awesome. It gives people a 2nd opinion "on the field!" ;)

No punt intended ? hehe...

Cap'n 1time
September 23rd, 2005, 04:44
nice review. I used to be more of a Game Day fan myself when it was around... dont tell anyone though.. its embarrassing.

3elevenX
September 30th, 2005, 04:22
My only two complaints coming from a football fiend:

A: No damn replays!!! wtf?!?!?
B: Where the hell is my challenge play call !?!

YourStillWithMe
September 30th, 2005, 19:58
challenging a play on a psp is a bit to high tech i think at this point. . . .that was like 2 years ago on the ps2 man slow down and replays? who cares? i always skipped the madden replays anyway

my new favorite replay system NBA Live 2006 on Xbox (or ps2 works good too)