PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone upgraded from 1.00 to 1.50 lately?

pubjoe
September 22nd, 2005, 23:28
Hi, I've tried to upgrade my 1.0 to 1.50 and I always get a "this game could not be started" error.

I've downloaded the update from 2 different sources (both linked to from this site) but I always get the same thing.

I thought it might be because I have used WAB version changer before (trick to 2.00 then back to 1.00), does this perminately write to the flash chip or something - which causes an error in the firmware check by the 1.5 update???

Does anyone know anything about this - I may still just leave it at 1.0, but I was just wondering why it didn't work and if anyone has had this problem before. I've found threads where people have had the same error, but never found a solution (and you can't use most forum's search functions for the words: 1.0 or 1.5!)

Thanks.

xuphorz
September 22nd, 2005, 23:31
try my guide

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/
click the left link that says install guide

Heran_Bago
September 22nd, 2005, 23:45
Hi, I've tried to upgrade my 1.0 to 1.50 and I always get a "this game could not be started" error.

I thought it might be because I have used WAB version changer before (trick to 2.00 then back to 1.00), does this perminately write to the flash chip or something - which causes an error in the firmware check by the 1.5 update???
Thanks.

YOUR MEMMORY STICK NEEDS TO HAVE NOTHING ON IT BESIDES THE UPDATE. THE UPDATE MUST BE IN ITS OWN FOLDER WITHIN THE GAMES FOLDER. IF YOU CHANGED IT WITH WAB VERSION CHANGER, IT WILL STILL UPGRADE.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE RESEARCH THESE THINGS BEFORE POSTING? DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHERE GOOGLE IS? AHHHHGGGGG!!!

pubjoe
September 23rd, 2005, 00:00
Thank you both.

In reply to the little "RESEARCH!!!" and "GOOGLE!!!" outburst, I did actually search this for quiet a while, you can't search forums for words such as "1.0" or "1.5" and can you guess at how many 1000's of webpages now contain the words "PSP", "Firmware", "UPGRADE", "1.0 to 1.50" etc etc? - 99% of which refer to the 2.00 upgrade woes.

Anyway, thanks again you took the time to answer anyway.

xuphorz, that guide is exactly what I needed. :cool:

xuphorz
September 23rd, 2005, 00:37
no prob

benny blanco
September 23rd, 2005, 01:51
if you want to upgrade your psp you have to either use the games update or if you download it you have to download it directly to the psp's memory stick otherwise the upgrade wont work. But you must be a tart to want higher than a 1.0. if you are that desperate to play the psp games buy a new psp otherwise sell the 1.0 to someone who knows not to upgrade such a fine piece of machinery.

psp 1.0 with over 750 games between genesis, nintendo, gb, gbc, super nes, and nes, also doom 1 and 2. chess, solitaire, aquarium. and smash gpsp, all on a 1gig memory stick, with 4 albums on it and still has 263 mb left

pubjoe
September 23rd, 2005, 02:06
Yeah, I do agree, I'm dead chuffed to still have a 1.00

I was actually going to sell it recently (yes I know!! :rolleyes: but I needed the money badly) and for some stupid reason, ebay buyers don't appreciate the rarity of 1.00s (+ the fact they can allways update if they want) and the bidding goes higher for 1.50s. Anyway, I pulled out at the last minute (due to lack of interest & "nigerian businessmen" bidders) and now, it seems, I don't need the cash so much.

I am keeping it at 1.00 for now (with version changer there is no need to upgrade to play newer games) but I just wondered what I was doing wrong when I earlier tried to update.

Anyway, I suppose it was a lucky twist of fate that the update wouldn't work when I first tried. :)

ataribob
September 23rd, 2005, 04:11
I don't think the Wabchanger will work for the 1.00 Does it.
I only have 2 1.50 I used it on.

F34R
September 23rd, 2005, 10:57
Here is a quote from the v2 readme/nfo file:

Compatible 1.50 & 1.00

pubjoe
September 23rd, 2005, 12:04
Well I know it works on my 1.00 so far as displaying "1.50/1.51/1.52/2.00" in system information. But I haven't tested it with a game yet - I'm 100% sure it does work though.

warped
September 24th, 2005, 22:51
ive tested it with a game and am 100% sure it doesnt work.
thats why i upgraded to 1.5
1.5 is much better than 1.0 :)