PDA

View Full Version : PSP Slim Uncommon Brick (outta my stupidy...)

NateTheGreat555
May 9th, 2008, 01:07
alright...
i just pulled a stupid.
actually, it's more like a series of stupids.

BEFORE i bothered to do any research on the PSP slim's NAND situation, I didn't make a backup of my PSP's NAND. I just recently used TIME MACHINE on it to try to run the 1.50 kernel from the Mem. Stick.

After a bit, I had successfully bricked it...at least, it would not boot at all (yes, even with the correct key sequence...)

Now I was able to unbrick it, but when my MAC address disappeared, I couldn't play games of ANY type (from region complaints) and no internet access, I found that my IDStorage was corrupt.

By the time I'd realized that, I had already tried to backup my NAND that I THOUGHT WAS MADE WHEN INSTALLING 3.60M33.
The thing is, the Nand that I backed up during that undate was only 33 MB and was not successfully written...(yes I also know that 33MB is the size of a PSP Fat's Nand)...

So then I tried to follow someone's tutorial about flashing someone elses PSP Slim Nand and using my IDStore Keys (or something along those lines)...

And now I believe that I have permenently bricked my PSP.

Please tell me I'm poorly mistaken...I've tried everything...

TotalNewbi
Pandora GUI
UPMS
DCD of all types

(ps i can't even find my reciept which REALLY BLOWS!!!!!!!!)

any help at all?
When I turn on my PSP the green light comes on for a second then vanishes like my hopes for this thing ever working again.
Thanks in advanced...

bacalacadaca
May 9th, 2008, 04:20
well i was told once to never use anyones else's nand because your psp has its own unique nand and using another's will cause your psp to become corrupt and make things stop working

NateTheGreat555
May 9th, 2008, 20:14
yep.
didn't figure that out until after i restored someone elses nand...
actually...
the place that I found it from said it was perfectly, so against my better judgement, i figured, what the heck?

oh well, maybe i'll hunt for the receipt...i've got until this halloween (which was when I bought it last year...ironic, no?;))

cal360
May 9th, 2008, 21:12
Well you should of came here first. Your PSP is probably wrecked and beyond repair (unless you know a Sony programmer). You will probably have to get a new motherboard

NateTheGreat555
May 9th, 2008, 21:24
i've actually been looking here for a lot of my previous psp help...
gotta give some thanks for that,

but i just installed timemachine --(that darn program finally decides to work)

now i can boot to any of those firmwares, but still hoping it's only a temporary fix...

would a motherboard replacement fix all of this?
maybe i'll look into that...

anyway...
is there a way in timemachine to configure that you don't need to push any buttons for it to load a certain firmware from the mem. stick? I know I need this pandora battery, but is there a config file i can edit somewhere?

EDIT: nvm...just found the config readme file i was looking for...

thanks for the info...kinda assumed it...
tonite i hunt for receipts!

EDIT AGAIN:
I seem to keep getting the "corrupt idstorage" symptoms while running 3.60 M33 version of Time Machine (ed: mac address is way off, cannot read UMDs, no internet or wifi, ps1 eboots give me an (80000004 error) and the backlight display mode is reversed (bright, slightly less bright, darker, off))

any help? Keycleaner only recognizes my psp's NAND keys and not the keys i'm using from the mem. stick (is that right?)
MacFixer also is of no help.

SWE-95
August 9th, 2008, 17:54
Well.

NAND brick is 100% unrecoverable.

The only thing you can do is get another PSP.

Sorry for your loss...

NateTheGreat555
August 9th, 2008, 20:58
Well.

NAND brick is 100% unrecoverable.

The only thing you can do is get another PSP.

Sorry for your loss...

Yeah I sorta figured that out. Thanks anyway.

ps to all, thanks for being a great forum place!
I just went to another gaming site to ask a simple question and everyone over there was a complete loser.

I know that I'm new at this scene, but thanks for not taking it out on me.
Thanks again.

mike_jmg
August 11th, 2008, 06:01
welcome to the forums, hope you can find that receipt

I feel sorry for your loss too