PDA

View Full Version : Xbox tinkering, what have you done?

HamDude
April 14th, 2004, 03:37
What have you done to your xbox?

I am going to install a 120 gig hard drive (still havent ordered it yet), and as soon as my mod chip gets in im going to put it in, i got the Xecuter 2.3B lite with solderless pogo adapter, and after that im going to start moding Halo, i am learning how to do some stuff now, but for now im only able to do stuff with Halo pc untill my mod chip for my xbox comes in.

wraggster
April 14th, 2004, 11:46
Well my xbox i got second hand is chipped with an xecuter 1, unlucky for me ,my kids have broke the dvd drive or it just stopped reading any dvds /me gets the hammer

so i have a pc dvd drive on the top of my xbox until i treat myself to a new xbox :)

xboxlord
April 15th, 2004, 12:06
I've done nothing to my xbox and i have had it for over a year, what are the advantages of chipping my xbox? Someone I knew connected there xbox to the internet and downloaded the games onto his speacial harddrive so he needed no CD's and could get games free. He ended up with over 100 games. :)

JETTLax3
May 1st, 2004, 18:49
I just bought a refurbished xbox for 130 then put in a 160GB hard drive and executer 2 installed works like a dream im still learning on more thing i can do to it...Does anyone know where i could download games from to install onto my HD?

wraggster
May 1st, 2004, 19:40
All games released for xbox (homebrew games) are made with microsofts xdk, so only iRC is the place to get em efnet #xbins

We dont support any downloading of commercial games in any way shape or form though :)

Was it easy to install the new hard drive?

I need a new dvd drive in my xbox
or reparing

WHurricane16
May 2nd, 2004, 00:18
I'm seriously thinking about getting a used XBox. Are the emulators top notch and can I play them online? That's the only reason I want the XBox: emulation & homebrew. Also, what's the recommendation on the mod chip route and how much do they cost?

wraggster
May 2nd, 2004, 00:48
the emulators and homebrew are very good,if not excellent :)

online play im not sure about.

Xbox Modchips, i would get an X-Bit or a Xenium modchip but make sure you choose a reputable company.

lantus
May 6th, 2004, 02:42
i dropped in a 120 gig drive - i was thinking about putting on a LCD, but it seems a bit wanky to me.

apart from that i havent done any other mods

xboxlord
May 9th, 2004, 10:42
Im abit annoyed with microsoft, the rumors are that xbox games will not be able to play on the xbox 2.

I'll probably look for a mod so I can play either of the systems' games on the xbox 2.

Thats if they do a mod, if they dont, it will be my last xbox.

thecheekymonkey
July 7th, 2004, 20:31
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v251/thecheekymonkey/green/side2.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v251/thecheekymonkey/blue/blue_crystal_1.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v251/thecheekymonkey/my%20xbox%20lowres/bestcopyrighted.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v251/thecheekymonkey/my%20xbox%20lowres/IMG_0130.jpg

ah well, what can i say, the top 2 where for customers, and the bottom piccy are of my xbox, just shows what ya can do lol

cheers

Odb718
July 29th, 2004, 04:53
thecheekymonkey nice stuff.
Right now mine has a 4way split TSOP. 160 gig HDD, Smasung dvd drive, The X part of the top is pewter and the out side of the X is blood red. The Jewel is Blood red and the XBOX letters are painted in pewter. The XBOX on the dvd face plate has been altered to read BUX. I got rid of the first X and took off the top of the O. Wish I had a pic. But I'm gonna have LepPper cut me a custom jewel.
I'm thinking about adding a dvd window.

I've also changed the eject and power buttons to do the others job (makes turning on the xbox without eject the tray with my toes soooo much easier) The front leds have been turned around to be red on normal boot too.
I add extra heavy duty cousion feet to all of my xboxes (I have 5 now I think..) to make them stackable and to help with cooling.
^^^ That one's my main xbox. I have a Halo xbox I keep stock for live. An the other ones I have have only been TSOP'd.

Look into TSOPing your xbox befor paying for a chip!! It wont cost you $50. Put that to a bigger HDD!