PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question about Pandora, Magic Mem, and to play PSX on PSP

mia305
May 9th, 2008, 18:24
MY STORY AND LEARNING ABOUT PANDORA

LOL i know u guys get tired of being asked so many different questions about this stuff, honestly when i had my PSP fat, i was playing all types of stuff on it, SNES, GAMEBOY, GENESIS etc etc, but then i wanted to play a new game and i got an upgrade on my firmware:(.......then i lost my psp and then brought a new one 2007 but i had to sell it for personal reasons....ANYWAY my brother brought a PSP SLIM and a couple of days ago i was searching this website called Tehparadox.com and there was a forum that had almost every PSX game for the PSP. I really havent been checking this website in a longtime, basically 2 years.......anyway, i download some of the games and i wanted to find out how to play them. Then i started searching on here. Its so many different firmwares that people made i cant keep up:eek:....I started reading about Pandora Battery, Magic Memory Stick etc etc etc. I heard that u need to have 2 psp to do this. I regular PSP fat thats already has a custom firmware or homebrew, 2 extra batteries, a memory stick of 512 or more, and another psp, either fat or silm.

I GOT EVERYTHING I NEED BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM

Luckly, my brother has the psp slim and my friend has the PSP fat with 2 extra batteries and a 1GB memory card. The problem with his psp is that it wont play unless he has it on the charger, the reason for this being is that he dropped it once, and ever since then, thats when it started acting up with the battery supply. He tried many different batteries from other people psp's and it wont play sometimes, or other times it will say that the battery is low even when its fully charge. So im guessing when he dropped it, maybe something on PSP battery side went bad and it cant read the battery properly:(......I wanna know before i even get started on doing this little Pandora Battery surgery, will i be able to do ANY TYPE OF HOMBREW, DOWNGRADE etc etc on his psp, let me remind you that it works PERFECTLY when its on the charger, but when its not on the charger, it acts up.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FIRST BEFORE I MESS UP

Ok:rolleyes:....Since i have everything that i need, my friend has the PSP fat, like i said, and he has a higer firmware version, im not to sure which one:(.........will i need to downgrade his PSP back to 1.5? After i downgrade, is there a custom firmware that needs to be added to his psp to do this Pandora and Memory stick trick? Also why do i need to have 2 PSP in order to do this process? And what the hell is Bricking??? and Unbricking???::confused::confused::confused:

HOW TO GET STARTED ON PLAYING PSX GAMES ON PSP, WHAT EMULATORS TO DOWNLOAD, WHAT FOLDER I NEED TO PUT THE GAMES AND EMULATORS IN

I remember doing this back when i had SNES and GENESIS on psp in 2005, but i honestly forgot how to put in on my psp again.........

bacalacadaca
May 10th, 2008, 01:35
you dont really need two batteries you can use one and turn it into pandora using the app but requires 1.50 or custom firmware and when u want to turn it back into a normal battery just plug in the charger so it will start up and place the battery in and press the option to convert it back to normal

and you dont really need anything but a pandora battery and a magic memory stick i can get you the files for that

and for psx games you don't need an emulator you just need to convert them into eboots and place them into the GAME folder you also should have popsloader to make games run

the best custom firmware in my opinion is 3.90m33-3

mia305
May 10th, 2008, 02:45
you dont really need two batteries you can use one and turn it into pandora using the app but requires 1.50 or custom firmware and when u want to turn it back into a normal battery just plug in the charger so it will start up and place the battery in and press the option to convert it back to normal

and you dont really need anything but a pandora battery and a magic memory stick i can get you the files for that

and for psx games you don't need an emulator you just need to convert them into eboots and place them into the GAME folder you also should have popsloader to make games run

the best custom firmware in my opinion is 3.90m33-3

Yea, thanks lol, my friend is coming over tomorrow with his psp, ummmm do u play psx games on your psp? and whats the files for the Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick?

Also i download PSX games and its already are EBOOT Files, for example i have Capcom Vs Snk and in the folder it has 2 files

EBOOT.PBP - 603,554KB

KEYS (BIN File)- 1KB

Is that correct to put in the GAME FOLDER?

bacalacadaca
May 10th, 2008, 21:33
yeah place the eboot and the keys.bin in one folder named whatever you want mainly the name of the game and place the folder in the games folder

this download link is to downgrade to 1.50

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EMBPKIOU

and this is to downgrade to 3.80 official firmware or custom 3.80m33-5

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZZOBGM2

take your pic its lazy friendly so all you have to do is click on begin and it will write the files to your memory card

but you need to type in the drive letter the memory card is in it will explain everything for you. oh if you have anything that you need on the memory card you will be using back it up because the program will format your memory card

and another thing you need to be on windows xp cause the program doesn't work in vista

and this folder goes in the root of your memory stick so you can play psx games

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1MJY2O4V