PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Playing This Weekend?

wraggster
May 10th, 2008, 00:09
Last night we had a bit of a gaming bender at Kotaku Towers West, a night filled with Wii Fit, We Ski, and Rock Band. The highlight, of course, was a two hour Cruis'n session—the Wii shitware title that was finally freed from its shrinkwrap confines last night to much amusement. It's absolutely the most unintentionally hilarious game I've ever played, with some of the sloppiest game design ever... even for a Cruis'n title. Rarely has a game brought me to tears with laughter, so Cruis'n should at least be lauded for that. Highly recommended for your next game night, especially if booze is available.

This weekend I'll be ditching the Cruis'n as I get back to R-Type Command and continue my Rock Band duties, now with added Boston. How about you? Weekend plans?

http://kotaku.com/5008467/what-are-you-playing-this-weekend

____anders____
May 10th, 2008, 00:47
hmm, i guess i'll play WoW, as my sister forced me to create a character on her account, so i'm playing for free :p;)

JKKDARK
May 10th, 2008, 01:17
Nothing, even since weeks.

watupgroupie
May 10th, 2008, 01:29
I'm playing WOW. Some forza motosport on my 360 once in awhile. This guy has got quite the obsession with rock band huh? Horrible game if you ask me for single player. Have some friends over and thats when the game really shines. Play it by yourself and its a waste of $180 for sure.

DarthPaul
May 10th, 2008, 01:40
Now that College is over, I'm planning to play Grand Theft Auto IV for the rest of my life... I mean, summer vacations. :D

But since Metal Gear Solid 4 is on the way, and it's almost here, I'll be happy playing both of them.

Yay! A 7th-gen version of my favorite games all of times, finally!(GTA and MGS)

jamotto
May 10th, 2008, 02:08
I'll be playing Gradius, Tomb Raider Anniversary, God of War CoO and finishing up Jeanne d'Arc.

Dembonz
May 10th, 2008, 02:16
I love Gradius, 5 being the best :D.

I never got close to beating Ninja Gaiden on Xbox
Decided to give it a go again with Ninja Gaiden Black. No dice.
Bought Sigma for PS3 determined to beat it...last year it got stolen along with my PS3 and other games.
Soooo... this weekend I"m borrowing Sigma, and I will finally complete it. maybe.:)
waiting for MGS4...

Mister Klownes
May 10th, 2008, 04:43
I got GTAIV on release day (pre-order), but locked it away in a desk drawer until finals were over, for fear I'd screw them up with instant addiction to the game. So now that the semester's over, it's all Liberty City.

mike_jmg
May 10th, 2008, 05:56
got kind of hooked with Ridge racer, haven't played it in a while.
Also found Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, one of the 5 FPSs on PSP, wich is not that bad
Along with that some Medal of Honor 1 since I never finished it.
And Iron Man since I just watched the movie and I really liked it

I should get some newer games :p but there is not much to choose from, specially for PSP

MicroNut
May 10th, 2008, 08:45
Retired from WoW a couple of years ago.
Playing Call of Duty 4 now on quad core 9800gtx SLI setup on a 40" sony bravia
Never thought I would ever play a game with so much realism
Sometimes I ask myself, "did I really just see that?"

paul3100
May 10th, 2008, 08:52
Well as from monday its me an xbox360 and a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV , my brothers going a way for the week so i get it for a while :D

Till then its sim city 4/rush hour and neo geo on the DS.

paul

Keitaro Urashima
May 10th, 2008, 12:07
This weekend. Im still playing RF Online.:D

NoQuarter
May 10th, 2008, 15:39
On my only day off (today), I'm gonna download arts new time baby, sit around & play metal gear solid 1.I just got the three metal gear game collection and ripped it.

PeyeRate420
May 10th, 2008, 17:15
mario kart wii and gta4 online if im lucky enough to save enough for both ;) if not just gta4 online :)

nomi
May 10th, 2008, 17:23
Well, i dont have a next gen console, so basically i will be playing my fav game: Counter-strike!

ICE
May 10th, 2008, 18:06
Socom CA, SSBB and a crap load of Mario Kart Wii. Good times ;)

masterchief929
May 10th, 2008, 18:47
probably just gonna play star wars battlefront 1(best ever starwars game) and NFS pro street.

alanparker05
May 10th, 2008, 21:51
R-type command i just got it yesterday and have'nt had chance to play yet, i very rarely get excited about a new game but side scrolling shooters are very rare now and something i always look forward to

jamotto
May 10th, 2008, 22:48
R-type command i just got it yesterday and have'nt had chance to play yet, i very rarely get excited about a new game but side scrolling shooters are very rare now and something i always look forward to

Uh, sadly R-type command is not a side scrolling shooter.

PeyeRate420
May 10th, 2008, 23:32
scrolling shooters in genral are gr8 i agree there less common comercially but thats what makes the homebrew scene gr8...If you enjoy r-type....Then check out the tyrian ports to homebrew DS,PSP,Wii all have them and im certain wraggy has each of them archived neatly in there respective console abyss....

tyrian is a really challanging game

best psp homebrew shooter ever???.....

has to be callisto for me! if you have a homebrew psp do not miss out on callisto! have a look at the gameplay i have never been so impressed with a brew!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26rak

http://fraglab.at/callisto/

juiceface
May 11th, 2008, 02:06
GTA san andreas PC, ninja gaiden DS, wing commander 2 privateer PC, and some PSP homebrew

oooooomonkeys
May 11th, 2008, 13:12
GTAIV and nothing else since day of release

ojdon
May 12th, 2008, 19:17
GTA IV and Sonic 1.. XD

Maybe a hint of PSU, depends if I can be bothered...

(What's that abut GCSE's!?) :\