PDA

View Full Version : What Game Makes You Pull Your Hair Out?

wraggster
May 10th, 2008, 12:35
Ready to bend our ear? 'Cause the Tell Us Dammit Giraffe is ready to listen. That's right, it's time for TUD. We've got a feature here on Kotaku called "Tell Us Dammit" or "TUD." How it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interesting in knowing you, Kotaku reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Today's question:

What game is TOO HARD for you?

http://kotaku.com/5008510/what-game-makes-you-pull-your-hair-out

digitalhijinx
May 10th, 2008, 16:01
Well it may have been because I only played them at a young age, but Battle Toads for the NES and Blaster Master for the NES made me throw my controller many a time. In my more recent gaming, I'd have to say Ninja Gaiden, that game was pretty ridiculous, fun but ridiculous (never got me controller throwing mad though).

one winged angel
May 10th, 2008, 16:03
css when I suck

Penguinator
May 10th, 2008, 16:27
Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story) (http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/) with three life.
You'll die at almost anything on first hit. Hard as hell.
And Hell (Sacred Grounds) will be even harder.

goshogun1
May 10th, 2008, 16:47
Gradius 2 arcade (psp) has made me go into bouts of massive anger including screaming. Once you lose your options and lasers, good luck gaining any footing later on. This is easy mode too, mind you. I cant even imagine how many quarters a true arcade play-thru would cost.

ICE
May 10th, 2008, 17:07
Mario Kart Wii. Stupid rubberbanding... Im use to winning every race!

PeyeRate420
May 10th, 2008, 17:09
Mortal Kombat Deception in konquest

there is a part where you have to defeat shang sung with ONLY throw moves while he has Regenerating energy and takes 4x the normal damage to kill him! THAT PISSED ME OFF enough to bash my controller of the TV a few times till it busted!

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

The part where you have to press the buttons to make 12-20 hit combo's....well i went through every mission the last guy i used was cyrax to unlock mokap and blaze....again i broke my ps2 pad trying! lol this time i twisted it back and forth in my hand till it made a poping sound and then everything shorted out :(

ALL NES MEGAMAN GAMES! or 2d side scrolling shooters for that matter had a way of pissing you off and making you want to choke the guy who "thought of that" LOL

starogre
May 10th, 2008, 17:22
ghosts n goblins NES by far, then probably megaman 6 NES

kcajblue
May 10th, 2008, 17:37
not really a hard game at all.
but what im trying to do in it is making me pull my hair out.

final fantasy iv

fighting flan princesses or pink puffs, whatever you want to call them, to try and get a pink tail is basically impossible.

JKKDARK
May 10th, 2008, 17:52
Fighting Force 2

oobymach
May 10th, 2008, 20:51
None, really. Halo3 on mythic thunderstorm legendary was a little tough at first (takes 2+ clips to drop a single brute) and gamer death occurred probably 1000 times over but after getting used to it, regular legendary is like easy mode in a childs game.

I only wish that every game was hard. Most fps games I play are easier than the original goldeneye on easy mode. Even resistance fall of man on insane is easy after Halo3's mythic thunderstorm legendary craziness.

I used to play tetris marathons on lvl 18 (heart lvl 9) to get used to the later levels and difficulty. After lvl 18 tetris, lvl9 was easy. My all time best single game on tetris was 5 or 600,000 points. More than a half million anyway. I even have a screenshot of it somewhere.

Kulawend
May 10th, 2008, 21:13
Contra 4 for the DS is pretty hard for me, I can't get past level one on easy mode!

newb_fo_life
May 10th, 2008, 21:17
Boiling point road to hell.Its so buggy it annoys me

alanparker05
May 10th, 2008, 21:39
Beast busters an arcade light gun game which i got obsessed with playing in the early 90s i could'nt walk past an arcade without going in and emptying my wallet in it trying to beat my last score and time

funy56
May 10th, 2008, 23:36
Prince of Persia (PS2), JoJo Bizarra Adventure (PS2)

____anders____
May 11th, 2008, 00:13
hmm, the only game i can think of is mortal combat for DS..
armageddon?

anyway, the latest one for DS just..
aah, i played it for half an hour and then i realised, that game is just stupid, well for DS anyway..

you would have to be NEO from the matrix if you ever want to stand a chanse of winning in that game..

i got totally owned all the time, i maybe won 2 times or so on the easiest difficulty, the hardest difficulty, i just had to see how hard it was...

i should've never done that :p hehe, the guy almost punched me out of the DS, haha:D.

but one game i really own at is rise of the robots, you know that really old DOS game, it's just awesome, and of course tekken 3, haha no one can beat me in those games;)

but mortal combat is just sick hehe;)

juiceface
May 11th, 2008, 02:02
definitely Herion Hero, i can never catch that damn dragon!!

PeyeRate420
May 11th, 2008, 02:43
now that i think about it rainbow 6 vegas because i beat it within hours of picking it up on pre-order the campaighn was so short i wanted to trade it in the next day for at least half of my cash back :( man what a shitty game 60$ down the crapper on a 11 hour game! what a rip off infact i can remember pulling my hair out after getting half that for it on trade :(

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2008, 05:48
DoA4 or GTAIV. Only one moment in GTAIV though; when i realized that due to autoaim Multiplayer takes 0 skill. I have fun when its free aim however.

jamotto
May 11th, 2008, 06:27
The old NES game called Cobra Triangle.

mike_jmg
May 11th, 2008, 06:27
Lots of games made me pull my hair out, lets see:

- GOW 1 in god mode, on the final battle kratos clones are virtually invincible, I saw a technique on youtube on how to beat them but is too damn hard

- Ridge racer, some races that I can't beat, only after 20 attempts

- Final Fantasy X, getting "Sun Sigil", I think, well the damn thing to make the ultimate weapons for Tidus. Beating Chocobo race with a time of "0" seconds was hard as hell but I got it.

- BLACK, can't beat the last mission, not even on easy mode, there is too many bad guys shooting at me on a closed room, How am I supposed to beat that

- GOW COO, Hades challenges were too hard, specially the one were you can't get hit, but finally beated everyone of them

mib_
May 11th, 2008, 11:47
Trying to beat the black car in Ridge Racer1.

All platinum awards in Project Gotham Racing 2.

People ramming while racing online in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Level 4 in Space Channel 5

icecoolwas
May 11th, 2008, 23:05
i smacked my keyboard about 5 times full whack playing Gunz : The duel.. i kept dying and got pee'd offf and i smashed a few keys out.

Mr Corky
May 12th, 2008, 00:51
Dj Max Portable 1, I feel like pegging my PSP at the wall sometimes. It's not like I'm no good at the game or anthing, its just with the harder songs, when you lose, it will say "YOU NEED MORE PRACTICE" and I just go loco!

NOCHUCK
May 12th, 2008, 06:27
Friday the 13th for the NES, I'd rather have Kimbo Slice kick me in my face then ever half to play that game again. The most recent game is Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins for the PSP on ultimate difficulty, it's the hardest game I've ever played in my life(at least it's really good though, friday the 13th just all around sucks)

Aryn
May 12th, 2008, 17:30
MDK2

OK, the game is fun and I did manage to pass a few levels, but in the later levels you will have a hard time finding the targets you have to shoot as the sniper guy, and making those difficult jumps as the professor. OK, this is still not too bad, but here is the icing on the cake:

I eventually reached one point where in order to get to the next checkpoint I have to navigate a short maze (no problem there), then find a couple of grates at the top of stacks of boxes in dark areas where they are almost impossible to see, and climb up to them while enemies respawn and keep taking potshots at me (ok, this is rediculous, but I eventually managed to do it through trial and error), and then fly using a jetpack while following a fuel pump that moves rapidly and makes sharp turns, where one miss will mean you die. And all this before I can reach the next checkpoint, meaning I will have to do it all over again when I die. At that point I had to give up for the sake of my sanity.

Spectrobes

OK, this game is not difficult at all. And it has a cool battle system and nice looking monsters that you can command. And the characters are ok as well. But here is the part that really sucks:

In order to progress in the game, you have to scan the ground for fossils and minerals. But here's the catch: The creatures you use to scan the ground can only scan up to two steps around it. That means you have to keep stopping and pressing the R button to scan the area every 2 steps, and you do this for 80% to 90% of the time you are playing the game.

Shrygue
May 12th, 2008, 20:06
For me.... well, any games that got real annoying places in it really. If specifics are required, maybe Sonic 3 was taking the mick in the Carnival Night Zone act 2 playing as either Sonic or Tails. I couldn't get past some stupid spinning drum for ages until after a long time when it was so simple as to jump on it a few times, then move up and down on the D-pad. I thought, "No way, that simple? Arrrgh!".

Recent stuff, not much but on Sonic Rush Adevnute for DS, some of the time missions took ages to complete as you needed to be real fast on the draw. I have managed to get past all that and beat the game so it was still all good. Made me wanted to break the machine at times though but if I did that would have been a real waste of £100.

hippiestevie
May 13th, 2008, 11:34
teenage mutant ninja turtles....nes

that steamroller thing kills all mah turtles in the first 5 minutes of playing

littlecoopsxxx
May 13th, 2008, 12:17
I have to make a confession! I suck at WARCRAFT GAMES! ok not really much of a confession but I have spent many months trying to get in to them, in an attemt to kick ma bros ass at something!But I don't think it's possible, this boy is a gaming genius. I was intrigued by his Warcraft games and began to spend several long nights trainging my self...but It just didn't work..they are mindboggling and well hate to offend any one but frankly pointless and unsatisfaying, or am I just saying that because I am useless???probably.Ahhhh hate loosing to my brother, if anyone can help me, plz don't hesitate to throw advice my way.

kojiro7
May 13th, 2008, 15:50
equinox on snes....hell game

jakdak
May 13th, 2008, 18:21
Ikaruga! So Many Shots On Screen, Its Like A Trip On Acid