PDA

View Full Version : Sony So Aren't Competing With Microsoft Or Nintendo

wraggster
May 10th, 2008, 12:36
Sony makes a games machine. Heck, they make three of them that people are still buying. So they're in competition with Nintendo and Microsoft, who also makes games machines, right? Nope! Kaz Hirai told MCV at this week's SCEE event in Europe that Sony have bigger fish to fry than the world's #1-selling gaming company and the world's #1-selling software company:

I think that PS3, PS2 and PSP are all entertainment platforms so I feel that our competition is not Microsoft or Nintendo, but basically any form of entertainment that is competing for the consumers' attention.
So we need to make sure we offer the most compelling entertainment - not videogame entertainment but in entertainment in general. I can't speak for their strategy but I like to think that we've got a very well balanced portfolio with PS3, PSP and you can't discount the PS2.

Hear that, Nintendo? You're so one-dimensional. Maybe put an album together, release a movie or two, then you'll be running with the big dogs.

http://kotaku.com/389220/sony-so-arent-competing-with-microsoft-or-nintendo

PeyeRate420
May 10th, 2008, 16:59
Shadow Prophet where are you bro? LOL
EVERYBODY DOWN ITS A RANT!

I find that humerous really..

"Money talks...Bullshit walks" danny davito once said that in the movie Twins LOL

I think that the MEDIA is over rated...

Nintendo is selling because of 2 things
1: Innovative control scheme
2 Gameplay...Gameplay....and GAMEPLAY!

I remember wraggy posting an article on dcemu back in 2004 that predicted everyone would own a WII and a 360 but that article also predicted the WII as our second console...FACT IS sales say ;) the Wii is the number one console since launch (stealing many ps2 owners in this next gen race due to the over priced ps3 forcing a blue ray dvd and HD down our throats....

XBOX 360 :
to me this system is only worth having for online...BUT I COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT IT!
the online does cost you 60$ a year but the fact is you wont be getting LAG on your 360 and will be getting some amazing franchise titles such as assassins creed,halo 3,gears of war, saints row 1 and 2, GTA4 ,too human, ninja gaiden 2, street fighter 4 call of duty 4...ect ect i could go on forever!

my point is that the nintendo wii...IS THE BIG DOG right now in sales so Untill $ony and its greedy retarded marketing team learn to make a REAL psp commercial to inform its users OF said multimedia capability instead of stupid shit slogans like "its cheese you can play" WTF is that? ill wadger no one in there right mind will waste money on the ps3 unless there a real FANBOY...

I would buy a wii and a 36o if i were you!

Set aside the fact that the Wii's homebrew potential is amazing and could well be our new console homebrew king replacing the ever lasting gob stopper that is the Sega DreamCast....:thumbup:

ICE
May 10th, 2008, 17:05
PS3 and 360 are clearly competing with each other. To suggest otherwise is highly uninformed. The only console that can say its not in direct competition with the others is Wii.. 360 and PS3 are the same in concept really. 360 and PS3 are both sports cars and Wii is a Motorcycle.

If Sony starts winning how much you want to bet they suddenly start being in competition with the others? Lol

nomi
May 10th, 2008, 17:22
Too any who says sony is currently selfish, is a fool. They are loosing money on the PS3 and bringing you the content instead of stepping out of the game. Be thankful, and no, im not a sony fanboy.

KeenCommander
May 10th, 2008, 17:30
Congrats Sony! You now have failing products in not one...not two...but three different industries (four if you count stand alone bluray players separately from game systems). That just takes skill. Who do these people think they're kidding?

Steely
May 10th, 2008, 18:06
Wow, it really feels like Sony's taking a down-turn.

Nintendo's a video game company, but if you refer to the Nintendo Entertainment system(which was mainly named that since video games weren't so popular anymore), the Wii is what you would call an ideal entertainment system. It has the arcade shooter games to 'games' like Wii Fit. So sure it's all video games, but's what's wrong with that?
Nintendo doesn't make TVs, or crap like that, but the video game industry is just about(if not) the biggest form of Entertainment, now.

So the part with "bigger fish to fry" really doesn't sound very accurate. I mean, until now, I just about forgot about Sony... Or perhaps I'm caught up with all the news Microsoft is releasing, or all the news Nintendo is holding back.

JKKDARK
May 10th, 2008, 18:08
Really, Sony is out of the competition against Microsoft and Nintendo! :P

sappo
May 10th, 2008, 18:33
Sony is not competing with Nintendo and Microsoft simply because they're not selling gaming consoles...

They're selling Grills! ;)

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/ps3grill_2006-11-21.jpg

osgeld
May 10th, 2008, 20:59
ok SEGA let us know how that works out for you

Shadowblind
May 10th, 2008, 21:09
Shadow Prophet where are you bro? LOL
EVERYBODY DOWN ITS A RANT!

I find that humerous really..

"Money talks...Bullshit walks" danny davito once said that in the movie Twins LOL

I think that the MEDIA is over rated...

Nintendo is selling because of 2 things
1: Innovative control scheme
2 Gameplay...Gameplay....and GAMEPLAY!

I remember wraggy posting an article on dcemu back in 2004 that predicted everyone would own a WII and a 360 but that article also predicted the WII as our second console...FACT IS sales say ;) the Wii is the number one console since launch (stealing many ps2 owners in this next gen race due to the over priced ps3 forcing a blue ray dvd and HD down our throats....

XBOX 360 :
to me this system is only worth having for online...BUT I COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT IT!
the online does cost you 60$ a year but the fact is you wont be getting LAG on your 360 and will be getting some amazing franchise titles such as assassins creed,halo 3,gears of war, saints row 1 and 2, GTA4 ,too human, ninja gaiden 2, street fighter 4 call of duty 4...ect ect i could go on forever!

my point is that the nintendo wii...IS THE BIG DOG right now in sales so Untill $ony and its greedy retarded marketing team learn to make a REAL psp commercial to inform its users OF said multimedia capability instead of stupid shit slogans like "its cheese you can play" WTF is that? ill wadger no one in there right mind will waste money on the ps3 unless there a real FANBOY...

I would buy a wii and a 36o if i were you!

Set aside the fact that the Wii's homebrew potential is amazing and could well be our new console homebrew king replacing the ever lasting gob stopper that is the Sega DreamCast....:thumbup:

Hm, well spoken...

PeyeRate420
May 10th, 2008, 23:08
sorry bout my crap gramer :( lol nice to see you again shadow blind ;) (aka PeyeRate420 vetta from back in teh day bro ) has anyone saw SP around? i came back to visit kinda in hopes to find my old buddy ;) and because i know pspdemon has a wii now (we regestered one another the other day) so im hoping we can convert to wii modders together when things pick up! its not a scene without demon :P
anyway its nice to see you again shadow blind!

also awesome picture sappo!

____anders____
May 11th, 2008, 00:05
Really, Sony is out of the competition against Microsoft and Nintendo! :P

haha!
i couldn't agree more:p

Kaeruyaki
May 11th, 2008, 02:31
Hahaha, Sony loser talk is gold.

Joe88
May 11th, 2008, 04:19
another thread which attracted 360 trolls from all over the place

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2008, 04:23
another thread which attracted 360 trolls from all over the place

The best from both worlds, it seems.

360 trolls and PS3 hypocrites. Fun.

PS nice to see you back V. My computers been busted so it may be while before I'm back on regularly.

mike_jmg
May 11th, 2008, 05:59
If they think that they're competing against every form of entertainment, that makes them bigger losers than if you only count the games industry

edit:

many ps2 owners in this next gen race due to the over priced ps3 forcing a blue ray dvd and HD down our throats....

Hahaha! that's so true, I'm one of those.
Just for everyone to know just got the HDTV (damn thing, normal TV looks kinda crappy on it, guess I'll have to get used to it), I'm still in the need of a PS3 but only when there is enough games that i like or I've nothing to spend my money on. Next money is destined to a forthcoming GOW Entertainment pack:thumbup: and a bigger memory stick :p

urherenow
May 11th, 2008, 06:35
Hear that, Nintendo? You're so one-dimensional. Maybe put an album together, release a movie or two, then you'll be running with the big dogs.

heh... or at least add a DVD channel already so it can play movies.

sappo
May 11th, 2008, 11:31
also awesome picture sappo!

Thanks dude ;)