PDA

View Full Version : Wii: Sound Reactive Mod

icecoolwas
May 11th, 2008, 23:49
Hey, Think about the front Wii Light, I was wondering if it could be possible for someone to make an mp3 player that has an option to make the front light react to the music, It sounds possible since The front light can be controlled by software, This would be a much safer way then opening up your wii and actually modding it that way (Like someone on youtube did) and possibly in the future a plugin that would flash a file into the Nand that would enable this for all sounds (Including games, menus etc) and not just the mp3 player.

My second idea
---------------------
What about the wii remote leds, rumble and speaker? Maybe an option to make the wiiMote output music through the speaker, Bass to the rumble and reactive Leds to the Player led indicators (Only would work in mp3 Player due to Power Uses).

any of this possible? also discuss other ideas here aswell.

dahun
May 13th, 2008, 23:12
Hey, Think about the front Wii Light, I was wondering if it could be possible for someone to make an mp3 player that has an option to make the front light react to the music, It sounds possible since The front light can be controlled by software, This would be a much safer way then opening up your wii and actually modding it that way (Like someone on youtube did) and possibly in the future a plugin that would flash a file into the Nand that would enable this for all sounds (Including games, menus etc) and not just the mp3 player.

My second idea
---------------------
What about the wii remote leds, rumble and speaker? Maybe an option to make the wiiMote output music through the speaker, Bass to the rumble and reactive Leds to the Player led indicators (Only would work in mp3 Player due to Power Uses).

any of this possible? also discuss other ideas here aswell.

the front of the wii has 2 leds so it wouldnt all that great

leds in wii mote their are four with 2 settings... on/off

the use of wiimote speakers cool idea but the speakers have terrible quality

rumble i dont know how this would work

icecoolwas
May 14th, 2008, 21:19
the front of the wii has 2 leds so it wouldnt all that great

leds in wii mote their are four with 2 settings... on/off

the use of wiimote speakers cool idea but the speakers have terrible quality

rumble i dont know how this would work

Well i sappose that sound effects in games are not even higher then about 50kbs of quality and music is usually around the 128kbs area, so you could be right about the speaker quality but it would be cool walking around ur house in the kitchen or somat with some music on.

Leds in the wii remote its possible theres a wad installer and if u shake ur wiiremote the leds change so it looks like u shook the leds around so its possible for the leds.

for rumble it is possible, i had a crappy motorola phone i think it was the v398 and it had vibe mode which let it viberate to the bass of any mp3 track which was a cool feature, all it was was software which made it vibe to the song, and homebrew = software right?

it actually looks quite nice the two front leds on the wii theres a youtube link to a guy who Hardware mods his wii to do what im talking about (but we want a software version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqss-nYldE

Other then what ive stated we need a person like bushing or jay_paradox to actually confirm what we can do with my ideas and if they are possible.