PDA

View Full Version : PS3 GTA IV beats 360 in Europe

Shrygue
May 13th, 2008, 18:59
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ps3-gta-iv-beats-360-in-europe)

The PlayStation 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV has overtaken that of the Xbox 360 and assumed the top spot on both the Spanish and German charts, according to the latest data released by Media-Control GfK International.

The German charts saw GTA IV on the Xbox 360 take second place and Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii in third and fourth place respectively.

This was followed by Assassin's Creed: Director's in fifth, the GTA IV special edition on Xbox 360 in sixth place, with the PS3 special edition coming in behind the The Sims 2: Kitchen and Bath Interior Design Stuff at seven, to take eighth place.

Meanwhile in Spain, Wii Fit came in second place followed by the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV in third place and Mario Kart Wii in fourth.

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training and More Brain Training, both for the DS, were fifth and six place respectively, followed by Wii Play at number seven.

GTA IV special edition for the PS3 came in eighth and outsold the Xbox 360 version which was tenth, just below Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for the PlayStation Portable.

The German charts for the week ending May 7 follow:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
2. Grand Theft Auto IV (360)
3. Wii Fit (Wii)
4. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
5. Assassins Creed: Director's Cut (PC)
6. Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition (360)
7. The Sims 2: Kitchen and Bath Interior Design Stuff (PC)
8. Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition (PS3)
9. Wii Play (Wii)
10. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)

The Spanish charts for the week ending May 7 follow:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
2. Wii Fit (Wii)
3. Grand Theft Auto IV (360)
4. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
5. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)
6. More Brain Training (DS)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
8. Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition (PS3)
9. Pro Evolution Soccer (PSP)
10. Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition (360)

Triv1um
May 13th, 2008, 19:59
Whats that JKK, whats that?

Your statistic loving self wont like this 1 bit.

Baboon
May 13th, 2008, 20:07
Whats that JKK, whats that?

Your statistic loving self wont like this 1 bit.

lol

watupgroupie
May 13th, 2008, 23:36
I really don't see the diffrence here. GTA is on two great consoles. Can we stop the bitching at eachother about which console is better and just enjoy the great games out there?

spychacz84
May 14th, 2008, 12:37
GTA IV Won on ps3 because x-box had been hacked - and GTA is downloadable via torrents! That's why PS3 won here - END OF STORY

linkenski
May 14th, 2008, 14:37
Well you're probably right. in Denmark it was like sold out, and i had to buy PS3 GTA IV edition, cause i dont wanna pay Xbox Live. But the 360 version was not sold one single time i was in the stores... but anyway, danish people are PS3 geeks so whatever. i dont do the fanboy stuff anymore.

JKKDARK
May 14th, 2008, 15:57
Just only two countries, nice try.

Cloudhunter
May 14th, 2008, 18:08
One of them happens to be your own :) Oh dear.

Frankly, all this fan boy stuff is annoying. There should be a rule against flaming - oh wait, there is, but the staff are blind when it comes to certain people.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
May 14th, 2008, 18:53
Where did I flam on this thread? Please explain me perfectly, you reason must be really very interesting.

Anyway, check the britain charts and it's not happening there.

sappo
May 14th, 2008, 21:44
Where did I flam on this thread? Please explain me perfectly, you reason must be really very interesting.

Anyway, check the britain charts and it's not happening there.

I can confirm that.

____anders____
May 15th, 2008, 17:54
I really don't see the diffrence here. GTA is on two great consoles. Can we stop the bitching at eachother about which console is better and just enjoy the great games out there?

X360 is WAY better than PS3!!:p hahaah

i'm gonna buy an X360 with GTA IV bundle and halo 3 in a couple of days, i'm buying every console sony didn't make;) hehe..

nah but i think X Live is better than PSN, and there are alot better for xbox 360 than ps3, suck on that!:p

i'm working on some boats atm, so soon i'll afford that cool-looking white console (X360), and it will look even cooler when it stands next to my wii;)..:D

EDIT: hmm, sry for the flame, but it's my opinion..:)