PDA

View Full Version : EA games more popular on Sony formats

Shrygue
May 14th, 2008, 20:09
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=140477)

EA money results show that its games sold better on Sony platforms for the first three months this year.

You see, those months were the final three in its financial year, which saw the PS2 crowned as the winner by making USD 166 million.

Close behind was its PS3 sibling commanding USD 152 million, while its Xbox 360 rival managed just USD 128 million despite its installed-base advantage.

On the other hand, a meagre USD 75 million was made from EA games sold on Wii, this generation's hardware sales leader.

Sony also dominated the handheld facts and figures; USD 69 million was made from EA games sold on PSP, which gave it 47 percent of the portable market, which is almost double the DS with 25 percent. Mobile accounted for the rest of the pie with 28 percent.

If you're still awake, this all amounts to a massive 192 percent increase in PS3 EA game sales, probably because it didn't launch in Europe until 23rd March.

All other platforms sold more EA games than last year as well, with only the PC going the wrong way by 11 percent. Still, with Battlefield Heroes around the corner, this should change.

royvedas
May 14th, 2008, 21:24
EA games suck major ass - so who cares, besides EA

JKKDARK
May 14th, 2008, 21:41
it's because They are developing for three Sony systems, more than the other ones.

Cloudhunter
May 14th, 2008, 22:36
I saw "Last comment by JKKDARK" and "Sony" and thought "another uninformed response". JK - did you even look at the figures? Each console sold individually more than the rivals products - not all together.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
May 14th, 2008, 23:30
Each console sold individually more than the rivals products

while its Xbox 360 rival managed just USD 128 million

USD 69 million was made from EA games sold on PSP

No.

Cloudhunter
May 15th, 2008, 00:02
while its Xbox 360 rival managed just USD 128 million

USD 69 million was made from EA games sold on PSP

No.

Because you're too Stupid to read all of it properly, lets do a run down in sales.

Consoles:
1. PS2 - 166m
2. PS3 - 152m
3. 360 - 128m
4. Wii - 75m

Handheld:
1. PSP - 69m
2. DS - not mentioned, but below PSP.

So, in consoles, PS2 and PS3 individually got higher than the 360 and the Wii.

In Handhelds, PSP got more than the DS again, individually.

Now, you look pretty stupid arguing against this now don't you?

Cloudy

JKKDARK
May 15th, 2008, 00:09
But you said "Each console sold individually more than the rivals products", and I replied to that. Try making your comment properly next time.

jamotto
May 15th, 2008, 04:59
At least for the PSP they have produced some of the better titles for the console.

ab88
May 15th, 2008, 05:28
At least for the PSP they have produced some of the better titles for the console.

:confused:
I'm in the dark here. All I know for the PSP from EA are ports. Also much of the time those ports are not even that good in contrast with their console counterparts.

WhizzBang
May 15th, 2008, 06:03
But you said "Each console sold individually more than the rivals products", and I replied to that. Try making your comment properly next time.

Nobody would consider the XBox 360 a rival to the PSP , just as the NDS is not a rival to the XBox 360.

JKK, why are you obsessed with your view that the PS3 sells no games and is rubbish, while the Xbox 360 is universally loved and sells more of everything?

jamotto
May 15th, 2008, 06:29
:confused:
I'm in the dark here. All I know for the PSP from EA are ports.

Medal of Honor: Heroes was not a port and one of the best FPS on the PSP. Burnout Legends also was not a port, and was a well done arcade racer.

Also much of the time those ports are not even that good in contrast with their console counterparts.

Why would you compare a home console to the inferior handheld? Do you really expect a game on a home console to play exactly same on a DS or PSP?

Cloudhunter
May 15th, 2008, 19:54

Read what I said.

Each console sold individually more than the rivals products.

The Xbox360 and the PSP aren't in the same market.

I wonder who's ass you kiss to not get banned, and to even have a post above a normal user? No other user would have stayed on the forum that long. Or is old wraggy too scared to ban active users. I'm just fed up of this stupid favouritism. I'm half considering flaming the Xbox360 like you troll the PS3, and seeing how long I last.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
May 15th, 2008, 20:53
Read what I said.

Each console sold individually more than the rivals products.

The Xbox360 and the PSP aren't in the same market.

The PSP is a handheld game console.