PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Strnmnrm?

porchemasi
May 15th, 2008, 15:32
I hope someone can contact Strnmnrm and make sure he is alright. I always wonder why amazing devs just drop out of the sky without a word.

Its always a mystery to me why this happens without giving any notice/word. Someone says he'd keep us updated and then dissapears for months on end :s

hope he's doing alright? did anyone else forget he;s been gone? :confused:

mike_jmg
May 16th, 2008, 07:42
Nop, I did not forget he's gone, In fact i've just been thinking about how great it could be to have a fullspeed N64 emu on a psp (specially being able to play OOT).

For some time I got the craziest Idea of learning to code and try out myself (like it is ever going to happen) but as I have no programing knoledge at all I can just Hope Strnmnrm can acomplish this huge task

h4s30
May 22nd, 2008, 00:41
probably taking a break from it, i can imagine something like that would be very frustrating

Noobtaculus
May 22nd, 2008, 03:07
I say you he dead. Lawl jk. So... no news?

wolfpack
May 22nd, 2008, 03:23
it makes me wonder too... like if he got ina freak accident or something... i hope hes alright

kharaboudjan
May 23rd, 2008, 20:40
i think he is not making any progress so he has abondond the project :( its just to bad that noone else is working on an N64 emu for the psp :(

darkness angel 777
May 23rd, 2008, 22:05
I heard wally was making a spiff-up soon but I doubt StrmnNrmn will come back.His last update was on christmas and he hasn't posted since then.

Noobtaculus
May 23rd, 2008, 22:50
Haha and some guy bet me hed be back by May.

Wally
May 24th, 2008, 02:03
I will be releasing the current (last build) of R14 once its stabilised a bit..

So far its getting there!

Wally

P.S I have no idea where StrmnNrmn is but I do know he's running an awful lot so he's OK folks oh and a later release is always better than a small release.
I got a feeling he'll update in June

Shadowblind
May 24th, 2008, 02:18
I will be releasing the current (last build) of R14 once its stabilised a bit..

So far its getting there!

Wally

P.S I have no idea where StrmnNrmn is but I do know he's running an awful lot so he's OK folks oh and a later release is always better than a small release.
I got a feeling he'll update in June

I hope so. I figured he would probably, if ever, come back during summer. Or hoped, rather then figured...

Wally
May 25th, 2008, 04:45
Its been exactly 5 months, now I dunno if this is coincidence but R8 / R9 was a 5 month wait.. perhaps he'll update...

Wally

Tetris999
May 25th, 2008, 06:23
to tell you the truth (and not wanting to sound like a total a**hole here) is that i almost entirely forgot about daedalus

i guess im not worried much about it, so i don't feel bad at all if strmnrmn has gave up the project all together

Props to him though, it was a very nice emulator

rashlin
May 25th, 2008, 08:36
thanks StrmnNrmn and wally for a really great program.
i think that StrmnNrmn deserve a break he has done a terrific job,and i could never imagined i would be able to play my favorite N64 games on my psp.
really waiting froward for the next release and if wally could ever make starcraft64 or resident evil64 work on my psp it would be LEGENDARY:):)

so again thanks and keep on the good work:thumbup:

bah
May 26th, 2008, 11:08
thanks StrmnNrmn and wally for a really great program.
i think that StrmnNrmn deserve a break he has done a terrific job,and i could never imagined i would be able to play my favorite N64 games on my psp.
really waiting froward for the next release and if wally could ever make starcraft64 or resident evil64 work on my psp it would be LEGENDARY:):)

so again thanks and keep on the good work:thumbup:

Agreed.

Enjoy what he has already released and be sure to thank him if/when he updates the emu, but you cant begrudge the guy for having a life and wanting to do something other than write an emulator for free.

wraggster
May 26th, 2008, 11:22
yeah we all have real lifes, as for others improving the emulator, i would look to a much more experianced coder than wally, N64 emulation is a complex beast and not for newbie coders

Noobtaculus
September 12th, 2008, 03:57
deadish thread. but just wondering, any news on Strmn?

Wally
September 12th, 2008, 08:24
last i heard from him, he was going on holidays..

Wally

Noobtaculus
September 13th, 2008, 02:39
and when was that? don't say christmas lmao.

Wally
September 13th, 2008, 02:46
A couple of weeks ago.

Noobtaculus
September 27th, 2008, 04:22
So he's alive? :D tell him I love him Daedalus ftw haha.

pibs
September 27th, 2008, 04:31
Seriously I think the project is dead, Strnmnrm hasn't updated his blog in almost a year.

Safari Al
September 27th, 2008, 04:46
Seriously I think the project is dead, Strnmnrm hasn't updated his blog in almost a year.

You're wrong, please talk to wally

Wally
September 27th, 2008, 17:49
You're wrong, please talk to wally

Funny how it all leads to Wally.....:mad:

:rofl: Wally

wraggster
September 27th, 2008, 18:29
if you look back from the days when he started on boob youll find he sometimes disapears for a while then reapears . He may or may not return but the emu is still decent in the state it is.

Wally
September 28th, 2008, 00:50
Oh he'll be back, i'm 95% sure he will..

I can't really say that the emu is in a decent state wraggster, its still got a lot of compatibility problems and it runs at least 10 games full speed (some japanese baseball games, Forsaken, rampage 1 + 2)

I have been trying to get in touch with him, last I spoke to him was a couple of weeks ago.

Wally

Eviltaco64
September 28th, 2008, 00:56
That'd be great if he came back.
The PSP scene might actually pick up if he worked on Daedalus some more.

carlitx
October 2nd, 2008, 01:52
yah, hopefully...

Noobtaculus
December 1st, 2008, 03:37
He's alive :) check his blog.

pibs
December 1st, 2008, 05:50
So hes making Daedalus for a platform? hmm my guess is either the Pandora or Wii ;)

Eviltaco64
December 1st, 2008, 06:46
Well, whatever platform it's being worked on for, it's great to see that he's back and that he didn't "choke on mince meat pie."

JLF65
December 2nd, 2008, 06:57
Well, whatever platform it's being worked on for, it's great to see that he's back and that he didn't "choke on mince meat pie."

That's hardly likely as no one sells mince meat pies anymore. I haven't found any place in town selling them in more than two years now, and it pisses me off. :mad: :(