PDA

View Full Version : Which Game Do You Want Remade?

wraggster
May 17th, 2008, 11:31
Check your watches, check your calendars. It's TELL US DAMMIT time! Hooray!! How it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interesting in knowing you, Kotaku reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Whichever!

Question: Which game do you want remade?

Now that is a hard question!

http://kotaku.com/5009436/which-game-do-you-want-remade

jaws365
May 17th, 2008, 11:48
Golden Sun 1&2 - remade for DS
UFO Enemy Unknown - remade for DS
Resident Evil 2 - remade for DS and/or PSP
Soul Blade - remade for DS
Zelda 3 A Link To The Past - remade for DS

ojdon
May 17th, 2008, 12:00
GTA 1 & 2 - In a 3D Remake.

....That's all I could think of on the top of my head, I'll go back and edit this post if I think of more. =P

JKKDARK
May 17th, 2008, 14:57
Sonic 3D Blast
Phantasy Star games

devdj
May 17th, 2008, 15:08
I would like to see all these in 3d
Breath of Fire 1 and 2 for psp
Eternal Champions for psp
Virtua Fighter for psp
X-men 1 and X-men 2 clone wars for psp

greengorilla5
May 17th, 2008, 15:11
I want a new clocktower game for the DS.

that1guywiththeface
May 17th, 2008, 15:57
Resident Evil 1-3 remade for PSP
Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake remade for PSP
Metal Gear Solid remade for PSP
Mertroid II Return of Samus remade for Wii

Mini Moose
May 17th, 2008, 16:35
I'd definitely say that I'd like a remake of Jupiter Strike. Otherwise known as "Zeitgeist" in Japan. (It was originally developed by Acclaim, but it was licensed by Taito.)

But I don't understand why everyone hated that game so much. It's certainly the best 3D space shoot 'em up I have ever played. Maybe it was because everyone really sucked at it.... XD (I can beat the game without loosing any lives. I'm serious.)

royvedas
May 17th, 2008, 16:40
GTA 1 & 2 - In a 3D Remake.

....That's all I could think of on the top of my head, I'll go back and edit this post if I think of more. =P

What would the point be?

It is not as if they have interesting storylines. Furthermore as I recall it takes place in the same cities, so WHY do you want this?

Cerepol
May 17th, 2008, 16:41
Magi-Nation I'd be fine with a straight port but if they cleaned it up and finished it I would love it.

LoZ Link's Awakening would be awesome ported to the DS or Remade still in it's 2d gloriousness.

SnoopKatt
May 17th, 2008, 16:53
I would definitely want Perfect Dark remade, but with the exact same game play. Maybe some more options, but the feel would have to be exactly the same.

mooseknuckle2000
May 17th, 2008, 17:36
Gunstar Heroes (with the same 2d Contra like gameplay)

Killer Instinct (what happened? This game rocked)

Earthworm Jim (how awesome would this be in HD)

and finally,

Mike Tyson's Punchout (I don't want any fancy gameplay changes, but make it longer with some more interesting characters to battle. Then maybe you can fight Mike Tyson [with the eye tattoo] and try to avoid his ear bite)

HexenDarkside
May 17th, 2008, 17:42
King's Quest 1-5 remade in King's Quest 7 like graphics. Possibly on the DS. Wishful thinking, eh?

Rocksil
May 17th, 2008, 17:52
Golden Sun 1 remade on the DS
Megaman 1 - 8 remade on the psp like how megaman maverick hunters was remade remix music updated graphics same gameplay etc
FF5 FF6 and if possible FF7 on the NDS or for FF7 on the PSP or even better remade on the ps3 with a hell of alot of extra content and explains the whole story perfectly :D
Super Smash Bros redone onto the DS with more content cuz we know the DS can do more with online paly and also some adventure mode like melee and like brawl
The first 3 sonic games and the one with knuckles remade into HD :P
A new KIller Insticnt(NOt remade) a new one on PS3 and Xbox360 with update graphics and all the gore like the first 1
and finally pokemon red and blue or make some kinda version that has both together idk pokemon 151? anyway remade on the NDS or even better the wii with full 3d enviroment where you can move all direction from a 3rd person view and has update features of the new pokemon with online play and co operative play with proper exploring :D

waco13
May 17th, 2008, 17:53
I wanna see Bad Dudes remade, maybe even a sequel...Same with the arcade Robocop game, not like the retarded second arcade one. I wanna see Karnov remade or a sequel. Of course these games would have to have the same feel as the arcade versions...maybe 3D like the new Contra games...Anyway.... R.I.P. Data East.

Baboon
May 17th, 2008, 17:55
I wanna see Bad Dudes remade, maybe even a sequel...Same with the arcade Robocop game, not like the retarded second arcade one. I wanna see Karnov remade or a sequel. Of course these games would have to have the same feel as the arcade versions...mayby 3D like the new Contra games...Anyway.... R.I.P. Data East.

I'd also love to see baddudes vs dragon ninja and robocop aremade! :) ...hell even if they brought those games to xbox live I'd be happy! ..also two crude dudes, shinobi and strider!

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 would also look nice spiffed up into HD... plus online battles would be cool! :) ...although this obviously would never happen due to EA have the Marvel name now. :(

ojdon
May 17th, 2008, 17:55
What would the point be?

It is not as if they have interesting storylines. Furthermore as I recall it takes place in the same cities, so WHY do you want this?

It would be the novelty of the remake to be honest, since the rest of the GTA games are in 3D and have the same sort of theme as each other, making GTA 1 and 2 will just match the rest of the games in the series I guess... :P

paul3100
May 17th, 2008, 18:04
Cannon fodder 1 & 2 for both DS and psp and for the ps3.

Also Dizzy , fantasy/treasure island , ok not many of you probably know what dizzy is or liked the games that much but i did and would love to see a DS verison of these 2

paul

hack.fool
May 17th, 2008, 18:17
I can only wish to see a remake of Guardian Heroes!!!!

beelzebub06660
May 17th, 2008, 18:26
Phantasy Star 1&2 were already remade, only in japanese of course, I still play them though. It's too bad the other two will probably never see remakes, because I LOVE that series (even Phantasy Star 3).

My list:
-Blaster Master (I know there were two sequels but we really need a good sequel on the DS or something)

-Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
-Gargoyle's Quest
-The Guardian Legend
-Jackal
-Kid Icarus
-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
-Punch Out
-River City Ransom
-Spy VS. Spy
-Startropics
-Super Mario Bros. 2
-Wizards and Warriors

I think there's a potential gold mine of possible decent remakes in the NES's library alone.

On another note, about a third of the comments to the Kotaku article are "FFVII needs teh be remade!". Like EnixSquare isn't going to make a remake of a cash cow like FFVII, I just don't foresee them doing that until they remake FFVI, so quit you're darn whining, there's plenty of better games out there that deserve remakes. We need to put more of the "Enix" back into SquareEnix.

With Games like Illusion of Gaia, Ogre Battle(the original), Terranigma, 7th Saga, Actraiser, EVO, Paladin's Quest, Robotrek, Dark Half, Rakugaki Showtime, and Robot Alchemic Drive. Why do they keep on focusing on Square's franchises? I mean I'm all for any DQ game that comes out, but Enix has so many more franchises they could be utilizing. Heck Even Square has a couple good franchises that they have yet to succeed in making a quality remake of. Like Secret of Mana, why not release Seiken Densetsu 3 on DS, it's been long enough. Or how about a re-release or remake of Treasure of the Rudras, which is a great game with a great spellcasting system. Sorry to get on a rant but I just read all of the comments on Kotaku and it made my head want to explode with all of the SquareEnix fanboys that know absolutely nothing.

Baboon
May 17th, 2008, 18:29
I'd also like to add the amiga classic 'north and south'. I used to love this game and a new version would rock with online multiplayer battles etc. :)

wolfpack
May 17th, 2008, 19:21
Streets of Rage :D

svin
May 17th, 2008, 19:59
I would like to see final fantasy remade into a first person 3d game.

XDelusion
May 17th, 2008, 20:25
System Shock 1 remade for the DS

dementedbrave
May 17th, 2008, 21:02
Secret of Evermore

one of my all time favorite games. a 3d remake would be cool but a sequel would be even better, something like "Return to Evermore." It would have the same type of dark music and atmosphere as the first game. I would learn how to program just to make this game

also a remake of Shadowrun for the SNES would be great, and i don't mean that deathmatch game that came out recently.

Predator
May 17th, 2008, 21:30
I would love a Chrono Trigger port to the DS, updated or not, I don't think this game can get any better.

I might be ok with the 3-D style from FFIII DS.

Also to release it on VC.

icecoolwas
May 17th, 2008, 21:39
MGS1 ported to the wii would be awsome

Better graphics
Use wiimote sensors etc (for FPS aiming)

Longer story

etc extras

that would pwn

that1guywiththeface
May 17th, 2008, 21:47
Mother/Earthbound Zero for Wii Ware
Eathbound/Mother 2 for Wii Ware

Penguinator
May 17th, 2008, 22:07
Deus Ex with better graphics.
Nothing more.

Duobix
May 17th, 2008, 22:13
I'd like rad racer remake for DS. Other games you all mentioned too ;D

masterchief929
May 17th, 2008, 22:49
i would like ff7 to be remade.

jaws365
May 17th, 2008, 23:13
Oh yeah, and

Quest For Glory 1-3
Project Zero 1&2

andwhyisit
May 18th, 2008, 01:10
Telefang Power and Speed (the gbc ones) remade for DS/PSP (hoping for PSP but I won't push my luck) and translated into proper english. Come on Rocket Company, we need you!

noname1
May 18th, 2008, 01:18
This list is for PSP
Phantasy star online (or any other 3d mmo)
Diablo 2
Morrowind\Oblivion

Too bad no source codes are
released for these games :(

limming
May 18th, 2008, 02:19
Ocarina of Time for the Wii
007 Goldeneye
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario RPG for DS
F-Zero X for DS

mooseknuckle2000
May 18th, 2008, 02:29
Battletoads bitches! I will agree with the Blaster Master suggestion.
Slalom should be remade with Wii controls.
Bayou Billy would be sweet...NES ftw!

jamotto
May 18th, 2008, 02:30
Thief 1 or 2
Civilization 1
The Sentinel or Sentinel Returns
Rocket Jockey

goshogun1
May 18th, 2008, 02:31
Punch-out! remade for the Wii would be pretty cool. Maybe utilizing the balance board somehow? This would be the kind of game that would really build up a sweat. Anyway, it does sound like quite a possibility, and I am sure it would sell millions.

Also, a few Kings Quest games (preferably V) updated and ported to the wii would make my day too! I love Lucas arts games to death, but the KQ games really kept me on my toes because of all the ways to die.

thefanaticgamer
May 18th, 2008, 04:06
and finally pokemon red and blue or make some kinda version that has both together idk pokemon 151? anyway remade on the NDS or even better the wii with full 3d enviroment where you can move all direction from a 3rd person view and has update features of the new pokemon with online play and co operative play with proper exploring :D

I can't believe that anyone would even suggest that they should "remake" a pokemon game.... as if they haven't already done that enough... personally I dont like playing the same game several time each with a different color and identical play.

Although there are a few games I would enjoy replaying a remake of, I think i would rather see some new games or some nice sequels rather than an almost identical remake with slight perks, or even a full 3D revamp....

Mister Klownes
May 18th, 2008, 06:10
Final Fantasies 1-9, including Tactics. And a bump for the people suggesting GTAs 1, 2, and London

Nashxyzz
May 18th, 2008, 06:33
here's my list: mentioned versions in case multi ports/remades alrdy exist which in some cases were bad/awful from original game release

pc: bard's tale 1/2/3 - ds/psp
pc: ad&d eye of beholder 1/2/3 - ds/psp
psx: space hulk - all (perferred updated port with more content at least and keep fps style)
snes: 7th saga - all
xbox: rallisport callenge 2 - 360
sega cd: sewer shark - psp
c64: legacy of the anicents - all
ps2: fantavision - all

Mini Moose
May 18th, 2008, 08:00
All of you guys are idiots. (most of you are, but some aren't) You're all asking for ports of games for handhelds.

A port is different than a remake. Maybe next time you people should read the description of the post more carefully before you guys post.

paughthead
May 18th, 2008, 08:56
Chrono Trigger. Any current system:thumbup:

Togetherdukki
May 18th, 2008, 11:47
These are the games I would like to have made for the DS (homebrew)
-Orbox B (Online flash game (http://www.gamebalance.com/games/orboxb.html))
-Elasto mania
-Rumble Box (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbe-p3RyyM)
-Pocket physics/"crayon editor" (With black and white interface, and if rarely possible would like it in 3d interface) link: http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/general/crayon-editor-tutorial
-Liero DS (Its open source and someone was working on it (and suddenly stopped)

I know Pocket physics its more an physics emulation tool but when I searched for an online dump where some people upload their "pp" files (Pocket Physics) its more like a game for them. link: http://www.return1.net/site/pp

JKKDARK
May 18th, 2008, 14:55
Chrono Trigger. Any current system:thumbup:

I remember seeing the homebrew remake years ago and it was awesome in a total 3D gameplay.

____anders____
May 18th, 2008, 19:39
Vigilante 8 Second Offense, remade for WII or released on VC.

i've seen the one for X360, released on XboX Live, have anyone tried it?, i'll maybe buy it when i'm getting an X360 at the end of this month.

SSaxdude
May 18th, 2008, 20:27
Jet Grind Radio for Xbox 360/PS3

drock82
May 19th, 2008, 01:25
double dragon
streets of rage
zombie ate my neighbors
karnov
legendary wings
golden axe

Shadowblind
May 19th, 2008, 01:31
tales of phantasia

Napalm-Death
May 19th, 2008, 02:36
Metal Gear Solid Integral in English and on the PS3. WOO BABY, YEAH!

factor remix
May 19th, 2008, 02:49
Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 7
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo Kazooie
Golden Eye
Perfect Dark

XDelusion
May 19th, 2008, 04:42
Deus Ex with better graphics.
Nothing more.

No doubt! Though I don't know if we have enough RAM, maybe DS2? :)

On the other hand a brand new Deus Ex for the DS would be grand!!!

gumgod
May 19th, 2008, 16:41
I'd have to say that I would love to see Super Metroid and Metroid II re-made for DS. I've said it before though, I don't want to see these games re-made in 3-d FPS style, I want to see them in the old school side scrolling style, and utilizing both screens. Also the gba re-make of the original was nice, but I'd like to see a DS version of that one too. It seems like they took a lot of the exploring out of the game when they added a map and removed a ton of Norfair, so if they re-make that one (which they probably won't) it would be sweet if there was more area to explore.

AlanSmithee
May 20th, 2008, 09:21
Maze of galious! from konami. it was on the MSX & later on the NES (so far i know)
Its a great adventure/rpg game that has everything a good adventure game needs. I like to think of it as the precesorer of Zelda.
It has dungons,it has a large free explorable caste, a lot of weapons (each needed to defeat an dungeon boss) magical potions and artifects.

Yeah, that was a real cool game.

and superfrog :)

Triv1um
May 20th, 2008, 12:20
I want to see a REZ on the PS3 :(

I love REZ for my dreamcast and I want a 1080p one for the PS3 :(

REZ is my all time favourite game.

masterchief929
May 20th, 2008, 13:11
definately ff7 and ff8. then i want ocarina of time ported to the ds.