PDA

View Full Version : PSP V2.0 to v1.5 Downgrade guide

wraggster
September 28th, 2005, 02:47
THIS WORKS FOR ALL PSP'S (EURO, JAP ECT;) :D
Downgrader download at bottom of post.

EDIT: It seems some anti-virus programs pick up the "downgrader" as a virus. While some hacked versions do indeed contain a virus the real version is still picked up as a virus. Make sure you download the program from here. I assure you this is the official version and contains no real virus. I have tested it my self.~Kaiser

This guide is part of the PSP Guide Library (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- A Homebrew Downgrade guide by Kaiser -
REMEMBER THE DOWNGRADING PROCEDURE IS DANGEROUS. EVEN THOUGH IT HAS BEEN TESTED COUNTLESS TIMES I AM STILL IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED PSP'S DUE TO WRONG PROCEDURE.

The new 2.0 Downgrader for the PSP Is out, Please note that this takes the current 2.0 Firmware and downgrades it to 1.5. It works for no other firmware versions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
/!\ I recommend having the PSP Charged at 100% before attempting this. /!\

If you have a 1.51 or a 1.52 you now need to upgrade your psp to a 2.0 in
order for the downgrader to work. This can either be done via the Demo
disc or if you are lucky enough to have WIFI use the update icon on the
psp. Or lastly Download the update and simply use a USB cable to transfer
it onto the psp. Below are the official Links for the Sony Updates Ive
included both JPN/US Update versions.

JPN 2.0 FIRMWARE - here (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/6)
USA 2.0 FIRMWARE - here (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/5)

Ok now assuming that all went well you now have yourself a PSP 2.0 Firmware
What you now need is the MPH Release Downgrader which can be obtained from the bottom of this post. Once you have downloaded this, plug the PSP into the USB cable
and it wouldnt be a bad idea to plug it into the Power point.

Now once you have downloaded the Zip Package and unzipped it with either
windows zip or winrar, winzip etc. the file layout is as follows.

x:/h.bin
x:/index.dat
x:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/eboot.pbp (this is the 1.50 pbp eboot file)
x:/PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif

(Where "x" is the drive your computer has given the Memory Stick)

Firmware V1.5 update eboot (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4)

/!\ MAKE SURE THE PSP IS PLUGGED INTO THE AC ADAPTOR AND 100% CHARGED /!\

Now Exit the USB Mode of the PSP, and goto the PHOTO MENU, this will now
launch the version changer. The PSP Light will go off after the version
changer has done it stuff.
If the PSP does not turn off automatically you can do a hard reset yourself after the required amount of time passes. Wait approx 10-15 seconds and power the PSP back on. Once it is on Enable USB Mode and check to see if the following
file exists.

MEMORYSTICK:/index.dat.bak

IMPORTANT: Please remember that your PSP is still 2.0 but it has been tricked into thinking its actually version 1.0 so you can "upgrade to 1.5"

If so all is well, goto the game menu and Launch the PSP Update and simply
follow the onscreen instructions to update your psp. The update will get to
99% and Fail, No cause for concern this is still correct. The psp will now
do a faily length restart just let it play out. Now one of two things will
happen either the PSP will restart or it will turn off. If the PSP does not turn off automatically you can perform a hard reste to turn it off. After the LED goes off and the psp has turned off.. Wait 10-15 Seconds and power the PSP back on. You now have a 1.50 PSP, Congratulations.

PSP_Newbie
September 28th, 2005, 05:56
Awsome guide, I find in much more detailed and in-depth than most of the other ones I've seen :D

F34R
September 28th, 2005, 12:47
Yea, its a pretty simple process. Those who are having trouble should really not mess with this stuff. If you cant get this process to work, you are going to go insane when it comes time to put homebrew stuff on your PSP.

Eden
September 28th, 2005, 13:30
Has anyone tried this using a UK 2.0 PSP?

F34R
September 28th, 2005, 13:54
Has anyone tried this using a UK 2.0 PSP?
Please, read the forums before asking these questions. Yes, its been tried on EVERY 2.0 PSP version. If you'll read the other topics, it'll keep you from looking stupid in the future.

jimjamjahaa
September 28th, 2005, 14:50
you missed out the bit obout the blue screen when you boot up after the upgrade "fails"

other guides missed that out too yet it happened to me (uk psp). i got a blue screen with errors written in various languages telling me to press O to reset default settings, which i did and everything was cool, but it scared the sh** out of me as i hadn't been warned about this

F34R
September 28th, 2005, 16:04
lol.. I bet.
That part does seem to missing at the end of the guide.

Eden
September 28th, 2005, 16:14
Please, read the forums before asking these questions. Yes, its been tried on EVERY 2.0 PSP version. If you'll read the other topics, it'll keep you from looking stupid in the future.

Really? I've read the two threads obviously labelled about the downgrade as well as the 2.0 FAQ and seen nothing stating that it works for all versions. There may be something i've missed, but it's still a valid question if I wanted to be sure. It only seems to outright mention the 2.0 US and JP firmware.

SiZiOUS
September 28th, 2005, 22:04
Worked with my PSP 2.0 EUR.

Cirus
September 28th, 2005, 23:25
something happened to mine lol it went to v1.0 not 1.50

i forgot to put in the 1.50 firmware and ran the photo thing then realise later shit i forgot.. but went to system to see its 1.0

is this a good thing or bad :(

http://www.mnomic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/downgrade.jpg

F34R
September 28th, 2005, 23:49
its not REALLY a 1.0, it just thinks it is. You HAVE to run the 1.50 update.

nonzero
September 28th, 2005, 23:50
Thats part of the exploit process as the downgrader patches in memory to make the downgrader thinking its running on a 1.00 (hence allowing the 1.5 'upgrade').

A few people have reported this problem (never had it personally on all the units I've downgraded) in various forums and I'm inclined to think its due to the incorrect PBP firmware update being used in relation to the original localization of the unit.

PSXP
September 29th, 2005, 00:38
[QUOTE=wraggster
Also place the h.bin and index.dat from the MPHDowngrader.zip in the the root
directory of your memory stick as follows.
MEMORYSTICK:/index.dat
MEMORYSTICK:/h.bin

[/QUOTE]

When u say the 'memory stick root' where is this actually.
Srry for the noobie question.
Thx.

nonzero
September 29th, 2005, 00:49
root is the top level folder - ie the one that contains the \PSP and \MP_ROOT folders

PSXP
September 29th, 2005, 01:05
Thanks a heap.
Also do u think it will brick cause i have a australian psp?

nonzero
September 29th, 2005, 01:41
It shouldn't do as if it did people would be screaming all over the net about it.

Live dangerously, it makes it all the more exciting ;)

PSXP
September 29th, 2005, 03:56
Im going ahead!
THanks a heap guys.
I just hope if it bricks then Myer will exgange it...lol
Ill tell u when im done.

PSXP
September 29th, 2005, 04:10
Is it ment to stay on a black screen with numbers to the left...? (at the start)
Cause thats what its doin...!!!

PSXP
September 29th, 2005, 04:32
IT WORKED!!!
Omg thanks guys, tell all aussie psps work with it!
Hombrew here i come!

Carmack
September 30th, 2005, 14:54
Hi, I'm having a problem with the downgrader. I have a JAP 2.00 PSP and when I run the downgrader, it has a black screen with a whole bunch of white text doing something. I've heard people say they just get frozen screens with the white text, but mine is doing something and it takes about 20-30 minutes to say done. When I restart the PSP, it is still at 2.00 and the updater won't work. Also, the index.dat.bak wasn't created in the root folder. Any help?

chrisvenn
September 30th, 2005, 15:41
Yeah it works :D Love it homebrew here i come :D

paradiselost
October 2nd, 2005, 17:03
IT WORKED!!!
Omg thanks guys, tell all aussie psps work with it!
Hombrew here i come!

PSXP what did you do when it went to the screen with the numbers on the left? It's doing that to me right now and i have no idea what to do. Should i just wait until it's done or try to turn it off? If you or anyone else that it did this to could reply back with what you did i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

paradiselost
October 2nd, 2005, 17:22
Alright i went ahead and pulled the battery and now everything is fine. I was just freaking out a little there since i didn't read anything about that. :D

Borknik
October 2nd, 2005, 23:35
So I'm downgraded and I have all the nessesary fixes. but I am having one very specific problem. the ROMs that I load are very slow. I am told that this is because the cpu is running at 222 mhz and I must turn it to 333 mhz. but I do not know how to do this. for your information, the emulator I'm running is
uo_Snes9x the version which was released august 18th. can someone please help me with this?

paradiselost
October 3rd, 2005, 02:00
So far the snes emulators aren't really up to full speed yet. The only way to get them to play decent is with frameskip on something around 2 or 3 with the cpu set at 333mhz, but to answer your question i believe you hit left on the analog nub on the psp and then it will take you to the emulators set up screen. Somewhere around the bottom of the screen you should see something about cpu speed and be able to turn it up to 333mhz. You may want to stick to Nes games with nesterJ or i read that the sega genesis games play pretty much perfect with the MegaDrive emulator. :D

Tomppa
October 4th, 2005, 17:34
---- If you ever got to read the original post please forget it -----

YourStillWithMe
October 4th, 2005, 20:17
I have ran this downgrade twice but can the psp STILL BE BRICKED!? does that chance exist? I'm scared to ever do it again i took a big enough chance doing it twice. and i didnt use the "beta 1.00 version" of it. is the newer version better to use if i wanted to do it again? Feedback? i need one of my psp's to stay 1.5 forever thats why i have 2 :)

thanks

Kamike
October 9th, 2005, 01:45
Woo! it works! thanks alot for this excellent guide.

doddster
October 9th, 2005, 22:04
when i got vshell photo menu is has a file with like a falsh of lightning down it saying currupt help!!!!

mainorlando2992
October 10th, 2005, 20:59
i need to know this. where do u put the h.bin and index.dat for the version changer. my psp drive has only folders like this mp_root and PSP. i tried putting the index and bin in the mp_root but it doesnt work. please help!!! also after your done with that you go to the PHOTO on your psp right. HELP!!!

Dj SaTuRn
October 11th, 2005, 05:53
good guide but not detailed enough. it should say exact times where to turn off manually and then turn on manually

if you want to install homebrews after u downgrade use this guide its ezier then the rest *1.5*
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7353

Its ok to have the 36mb, upgrade, then buy a 1g then downgrade.

oh and yeah its ok after the downgrade suscesfully went through to delete the picture file that makes you downgrade.

i feel like such a leecher!
T_T

it worked for me =)

brash
October 15th, 2005, 06:35
I only found the 2.50 upgrade on Sony's website. I'm guessing that's not what I want to use for the downgrader, so where can I find the 2.00 upgrade?

multiformous
October 16th, 2005, 23:33
can I downgrade from 2.5 to 2.0?

bourbon bot
October 17th, 2005, 09:16
got my psp 1 sept with 1.52 pre installed :mad:
upgraded to 2.0 with included demo disc
when downgrader came out tried for hours but got corrupted eboot
for 1.5 upgrade
thought stuff it and tried 1.5 upgrade of umd disc (v8 supercars 2)
worked fine. :)
inspect your original umd's and it shows what upgrade # is included
these should work without putting an eboot to memstick

NoSavvy
November 6th, 2005, 07:39
I am such a NEWBIE! Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to even "Create an UPDATE folder in PSP/GAME/folder of your memory stick". Do you open up My Computer and browse to the removable disk that is your PSP to do this or what?
Or should I put out a plea for someone in Bunbury, WA who has already downgraded their PSP 2.0 successfully to downgrade mine?

Quote:
"2.00 users

1. Download the Downgrader.

2. Create a UPDATE folder in PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick

3. Copy EBOOT.PBP (of the 2nd download link) into UPDATE folder

4. Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip

5. Copy overflow.tif in your PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick

6. Copy h.bin in root of your memory stick

7. Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick

8. Plug the AC adaptor.

9. Exit USB Mode

10. Enter in Photo Menu on the PSP main screen. This will launch Version Changer. (Don't ask how)

10. Create an USB connection and if the Version Changer has been installed, a new file is created in your root of your memory stick (ms0:/index.dat.bak).

11. Then go to Game Menu, and launch 1.50 update.

12. Once 1.50 is installed, follow the 1.50 instructions in the middle of this guide."

Thank you for your help :-)

supafreake
November 13th, 2005, 23:14
Alright, is it normal to have a bunch of what looks like coding of some sort be onscreen when the version changer is launched? I have been waiting 5 mins so far and I want to know how long it takes.

Edit~ Got it

Alucard222
November 23rd, 2005, 01:40
i just downgraded from 2,0 and my psp says update failed. how long should it take to restart or turn off? its been on that for like 15 mins

Numbah One Munkey
November 27th, 2005, 04:23
ok I am kinda lost and freaked out I was about to start downgrading when I opened the file "MPHDowngrader" when all of the sudden my antivirus pops up and tells me a virus was detected called "trojanPSPBrick" (twice in a row to be exact) so I did not go any further. is this something I need to be worried about or should I carry on and downgrade?

Thanks in advance for any info.

vincesecuricor2005
November 27th, 2005, 12:59
not if u downloaded it from a respectable site but if u would like me to send you the one i use (its downgraded about 12-15 psps now!) let me know and i will mail it to you

Numbah One Munkey
November 27th, 2005, 22:04
not if u downloaded it from a respectable site but if u would like me to send you the one i use (its downgraded about 12-15 psps now!) let me know and i will mail it to you

I downloaded it from elz-dev.com it was listed in the guide wraggster posted up I was assuming it would be ok to use, but now that I opened the file I wonder if I should delete the files and backdate XP and start over. I really rather not have a trojan virus lurking around my new laptop.

I sent you a pm use the address and send me the one you been using and I will let you know what happens.

I do have one question if I am able to downgrade to 1.50 and get a new umd and upgrade back to whatever version, can I still downgrade back to 1.50 if so how often can I do this? ok maybe that was two questions....

vincesecuricor2005
November 28th, 2005, 00:47
you can downgrade again as long as you never go above version 2.00, but i really wouldnt wanna keep doin this over again on the same psp (dont wanna push luck or tempt fate)

Numbah One Munkey
November 28th, 2005, 12:55
here we go again I tried the file from another site and once again I get a message stating "Object Name overflow.tif contains a virus named Trojan.PSPBrick" am I the only lucky one finding this or am I doing something wrong?

vincesecuricor2005
November 28th, 2005, 13:01
just read up that it will recognize this as a virus for some reason?, i got my dgader from psp-h***s.com its fine, also you can use psafep to check it

Numbah One Munkey
November 28th, 2005, 13:34
I am starting to understand why alot of people are buying an extra PSP one for UMD gaming and the 2nd for homebrew/emu in a way I wished I never upgraded the one I have now. if I was to buy another one am I correct in thinking it needs to be no newer than a 2.0 firmware and downgrade that one to 1.5 and leave it be? :D the things we will do to for homebrews/emu it kicks playing a nintendo product on a sony system get all kinds of stares and questions and I love it!

D0N
January 18th, 2006, 20:33
YES!!!!!! it worked. Nice guide btw...homebrew here i come lol

igami1
January 24th, 2006, 10:35
hi guys..i just found out about this forum recently. i tried downgrading my psp2.0 to 1.5 but somehow my psp downgraded to 1.0. during the part where numbers would appear on the screen i waited but nothing happens so i took off the battery pack and restarted my psp, and so i kinda panicked and i didn't know what to do. i reformatted my memory stick and tried restoring factory settings, yet still my psp version remains at 1.0. is there a way to upgrade this 1.0 to 1.5 even if i already reformatted my memory stick?

can i just paste the h file and the other files again? i am hesitant because it might damage my system.

Kaiser
January 28th, 2006, 01:44
I can't believe this wasn't stickied. Fixed dead links and included an attachment of the official downgrader. I've tested it my self.

~edited guide~

zapataman
February 23rd, 2006, 04:24
OKay, I have a question. I'm kinda new to this stuff. i was never really good with comp stuff, and so I am trying to downgrade. I dounloaded the EBOOT.pbp. Where is this overflow thing I'm supposed to put in my photos? Help would be greatly aprecieted.

D0N
February 23rd, 2006, 10:05
zapataman, the files are on the first page of this thread lol

nightwing
February 28th, 2006, 16:19
go to the fhoto menu turn on and after ????

MrBiggs32
March 4th, 2006, 10:57
Sup playaz,
Yo my question is, how long does it normally take while your on the black screen with the white numbers on the left for the downgrade to finish? I started at 9pm by 10pm i fell asleep, woke up back at 11pm and that s**t was still there. So i dont know what the hell is going on. Help a brother out.

MrBiggs32
March 4th, 2006, 11:37
Alright guys so after i woke up i plug out my psp and restarted. It just so happens that i see the new file on the memory card. the X:/index.dat.bak. So i went ahead and tried to upgrade and it went as far as to 99% then failed, just like the guide said it would. Now my question is, how long is this "lengthly restart" is suppose to last before im done. I dont want to brink my psp. But should i restart it myself or just leave it? its been an 1hr now.

MrBiggs32
March 4th, 2006, 12:03
OK now im happy, after about 2hrs on the update failed screen, i decided to turn the psp off. F**k it if it bricks. I restarted my psp and got a message saying that my psp is currupted, and i should press o to restart. After i did that everything turned out great. I have my 1.50v now and im happy as a mother - shut your mouth.

mattybinv
March 11th, 2006, 14:03
HI,

Just to check, my Norton AV deleted the TIFF file saying it is a virus :( :

!Trojan.PSPBrick is a Trojan horse that deletes critical system files on a Playstation Portable device, preventing the device from restarting correctly. It does this by exploiting the Sony PSP Photo Viewer TIFF Image Handling Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (as described in Bugtraq ID 14938). "

I downloaded this from this site, is there a problem?

thanks

Kaiser
March 11th, 2006, 15:58
Read the first post.

Squidman
March 14th, 2006, 01:30
Ok, i am no newbie at usin' a compy (in this case lappy), and i know how too add files and put homebrew on to the PSP, i just need to know how many people have gotten this to work successfully...

P.S.
I have a 2.00 PSP, with Fanjitas Loader, and i am getting frustrated at not being able to use some new homebrew, and haveing to restart the PSP just to do something simple, and having to wait for something else to load just to use the hombrew, i'm still debating on how i shuld go about this...

Kaiser
March 14th, 2006, 01:41
Squidman, I've done the downgrade procedure countless times. I've done it twice on my PSP and a few times on my friends PSP's. As long as you follow the directions carefully you'll be fine. :)

oldgit
March 14th, 2006, 14:46
Just a couple of questions
1 is there a way to check that the downgrader does not contain the trojan:pspbrick
2 can u use the 1.5 UMD update
thanks for any answers

kentuckyfried
March 16th, 2006, 09:01
Mine did the same thing...

I followed the process listed in the guide.

I did not see an index.bak listed on my PSP. So I went to go to the PHOTO folder again, and pressed "X".

Something screwy happened...just a black screen with some gibberish on the top appeared.

I couldn't do anything else with it so I just lifted the battery cover off and popped the battery out.

When I turned it on again, I had version 1.0 firmware.

When I checked the memory card, it somehow had a 1.5 firmware updater.
I ran it, but at the very end, it bombed out and a message said I should contact Sony support. I once again had to pop the battery out.

But now I am/was getting a little anxious, but then I turned it on again, everything seemed fine.

I scrambled around looking for a 1.5 upgrader on the web, but no success. However, when I checked the firmware again, it's already 1.5 after the 2nd time that my psp froze up.

Soooo...I don't know what the deal with this thing is. It looks OK but I'm not sure if it's in reality, completely hosed.

Can somebody clarify? I'm completely new to this...I was hoping to simply run GTA: LCS off of my memory card b/c it loads so damn slow off the UMD.

something happened to mine lol it went to v1.0 not 1.50

i forgot to put in the 1.50 firmware and ran the photo thing then realise later shit i forgot.. but went to system to see its 1.0

is this a good thing or bad :(

http://www.mnomic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/downgrade.jpg

kentuckyfried
March 16th, 2006, 09:03
How can it be the wrong 1.5 PBP is it's the one I just pulled off of this thread, at the beginning of the article?

Just hope the thing's ok *knock on wood*

Thats part of the exploit process as the downgrader patches in memory to make the downgrader thinking its running on a 1.00 (hence allowing the 1.5 'upgrade').

A few people have reported this problem (never had it personally on all the units I've downgraded) in various forums and I'm inclined to think its due to the incorrect PBP firmware update being used in relation to the original localization of the unit.

Kaiser
March 17th, 2006, 22:51
Um.... if you read the guide fully you'll see the update is supposed to crap out at 99%. But when you restart the PSP you'll have a v1.5.

edit: I edited the guide so the 1.5 eboot is from a more reliable source. Also remember that updating from the memory card is much more safe then updating from a UMD. As one little scratch in the UMD can corrupt the update.

Squidman
March 19th, 2006, 02:58
Just one mor question before i try this.....is ur PSP a "PSP1001" (on the bar code thing on the bottom of the PSP) i know there's a "PSP1000" and "PSP1001". Or does this work with both?

Kaiser
March 19th, 2006, 04:22
The PSP that I have downgraded many times says PSP1001.

This downgrade works for all PSP's as stated in the guide.

Squidman
March 19th, 2006, 19:02
Wuld it matter if mi PSP came with the 1.51 firmware?

Kaiser
March 20th, 2006, 03:16
Wuld it matter if mi PSP came with the 1.51 firmware?

No just upgrade to 2.0 and then your good to go back down to 1.5.

Squidman
March 22nd, 2006, 04:29
Praise the Lord, Kaiser Thnks much for teh help!, i got it done and it i'm at a glorious 1.5FW! Just 1 little thing, The thing to get rid of the corrupt icons doesn't work!.....so if u culd explain that wuld be nice.....

halfpsp
March 25th, 2006, 13:48
Hmm, downgrader has been idling for about an hour. Black screen and three rows of numbers. Should I start to worry? Take battery out or something? Boy, this is a PSP I really don't want to brick because it it my littlebrothers.
--
Edit: Uh, okay sorry for "hasty" post. You might put in the guide, that if PSP doesn't shutdown then take battery off (including adapter). That worked for me. Thanks for the guide!
--
Uhh, so when update is at 99% with fail message should it restart/shutoff automatically, or do I need to restart it manually. I've been sitting idle almost another hour thinking that it would restart automatically. :D

Kaiser
March 26th, 2006, 01:10
All right I fixed it up a bit. I don't think it can possibly be more clear now.

Squidman
March 26th, 2006, 04:25
The only help i need right now is getting rid of the corrupt icons, when i do the thing to get rid of them, the homebrew won't load, but when i just shove it on the PSP not careing about the corrupt icon, it works perfectly, just a tiny jam, but the corrupt icons r very annoying.

FaytLeingod
March 31st, 2006, 08:50
Thanks for the guide, I found it simple enough. This is just a housekeeping issue, can I get rid of all the files responsible for the downgrade (h.bin, index.dat.bak, etc)?

Cooe14
April 5th, 2006, 20:20
Thanks for the guide, I found it simple enough. This is just a housekeeping issue, can I get rid of all the files responsible for the downgrade (h.bin, index.dat.bak, etc)?
Sure.

PSPAvatar
April 6th, 2006, 02:20
I wasn't sure if it was safe to downgrade but with this guide its easy and safer thanks a lot. :)

OsloPanda
April 6th, 2006, 16:51
OK - my first post on this forum :-) Yes, thats right I´m a virgin!

This question might have been answerd allready - but....
I went from 2.0 to 1.5 - nada problemo. But - as expected - now I can not play BurnOut ( it needs 1.52 ) and I know that there are many other games out there thatt insist that you upgrade from 1.5

Is there any way ( a patch or something ) that lets you stay 1.5 - and play the games that needs the upgrade?

Cooe14
April 6th, 2006, 19:00
You can use MPHGameLoader (aka UMDGameLoader) . If you have any required update games like GTA and need help installing MPHGameLoader (it can be very confusing for someone who doesn't know what there doing) pm me.

SLAMMIN
April 9th, 2006, 14:56
Can Anyone Help

My Update Ver 1.50 In The Game Folder Just Says (there Is No Need
To Update)

Someone Please Help

Musoka_Eimin
April 10th, 2006, 21:51
U need to follow all the instructions, BEFORE trying to run the update, you need to run the version changer, check your system info, if it says your firmware version is 1.00 then you are ready to run the update, I suspect you did not run the version changer part first, follow all the directions on first page TO THE T. Is dangerous stuff, but as long as you pay attention and follow the directions you'll be fine.

maggot4life
April 11th, 2006, 21:28
will it work if i have a version 2.60 PSP ?

Cooe14
April 12th, 2006, 02:22
will it work if i have a version 2.60 PSP ?
Nope only 2.00 works; the only way your going to run hombrew is through the GTA eboot loader.

SLAMMIN
April 13th, 2006, 22:53
will it work on a ver 2.01.
Is there a difference between 2.00 and 2.01.
for some reason i can't get the file MEMORYSTICK:/index.dat.bak :confused: :confused:

Cooe14
April 13th, 2006, 23:01
Read my post above yours only 2.00 works. Look before you post.

John_Arne_Riise
April 15th, 2006, 19:37
o.k, firstly it was going great and i got to the second phase where you re-upsate (and it crashes). [just to note i used an update from PES5 umd (ver 2.0)] have i tried to update the wrong version? now the psp states the update failed and won't turn off. had it on for 20mins. is it bricked?

Kaiser
April 15th, 2006, 19:46
o.k, firstly it was going great and i got to the second phase where you re-upsate (and it crashes). [just to note i used an update from PES5 umd (ver 2.0)] have i tried to update the wrong version? now the psp states the update failed and won't turn off. had it on for 20mins. is it bricked?

Try removing the battery from the inside. Then it might still might have been successful upon restarting it.

John_Arne_Riise
April 15th, 2006, 20:25
Try removing the battery from the inside. Then it might still might have been successful upon restarting it.
done and it did not work :(, i thought this may have been down to me having a load of stuff stored that like videos such on there. i formated it and tried again but now i do not get the specific index.bak folder :confused: any help would be nice

Edit: i am putting all oof the back up stuff back on the memory stick to try it again. fingers crossed :(

Adduc
April 15th, 2006, 21:01
Remove Battery and Power Cable.

Reinsert Battery and Power Cable.

Power On, check firmware version.

Post here what firmware version for further instructions.

John_Arne_Riise
April 15th, 2006, 21:41
Don't worry. . . .I've done it. i was stupid. thanx for the help

chika zed
April 17th, 2006, 01:32
aaargh accidentaly updated to 2.6!!! what now :D

Shadowblind
April 17th, 2006, 01:39
there is supposed to be a 2.6-1.5 downgrader

Mourningstar
April 18th, 2006, 00:23
Um, I think i need help........I downloaded the MPHDowngrader but when I unzip it there is no overflow.tif anywhere.....what the hells the problem???

twistalhl
April 19th, 2006, 04:30
i dont get it...under my PSP i dont have a file called MEMORY STICK.. i have GAMES, MUSIC, PHOTO,SYSTEM, and SAVEDATA....i dont get it y dont i have memory stick file? is SAVEDATA the same thing as the memorystick file? and i put the eboot and the picture in the photo file but when i go to photos...my whole psp freezes and it shuts off after about 5-10 seconds and i have to reboot it and then it doesnt do anything different..

hrdb268
April 19th, 2006, 20:09
i still have trouble can some one give me a detailed step by step to get snes emulator on my psp

Cooe14
April 27th, 2006, 20:03
there is supposed to be a 2.6-1.5 downgrader No there isn't and if you do see one it's a fake.
And hrdb268 what FW do you have?

hanr
April 28th, 2006, 01:02
i need help. when i go to the game part, it says corrupted data. i dont know what to do. any help would be great. thanks

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 01:21
If you have everything set correctly your supposed to go to photo not game. But if you have already done that (your psp says 1.0 FW when you check it) then put the 1.5 Eboot in this folder-
PSP\GAME\UPDATE.

hanr
April 28th, 2006, 02:00
Yeah i'm starting over again and its at the black screen with the white letters. How long do i wait?

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 02:07
Till the memory stick light goes off i think then it will either turn it's self off or you will have to hard reset it (hold the power button up for about 15 sec or take the battery out.) then wait about 30 secs before turning your psp back on. Then go to system settings and see if it says you have a 1.00 psp (it's not really it's just tricked to think that so you can update to 1.50) then launch the update.

hanr
April 28th, 2006, 02:11
alright everyone thanks. just one more thing before i go, i know im annoying, where can i find the 1.5 update? tahnks for all the help. esp cooe14

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 02:15
Right here 1.5 Eboot (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4) Your Welcome :)
(the update will fail at 99% it's supposed to do that then it will reset itself and walla you have a 1.5 psp.)

hanr
April 28th, 2006, 02:18
im never going away. same problem. how do i update? please bare with me.

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 02:21
Does your psp say that it's a 1.0 psp? If it does put then make a folder inside your GAME folder called UPDATE and put the eboot in there then run it on the psp.

hanr
April 28th, 2006, 02:22
yeah i put it in the update folder. it says version 1.0. i go to game go to memory stick and then it says corrupted data.

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 02:38
I think i found out what your problem is your UPDATE folder has to be in CAPS or it will say "Data Corupt" or something like that.

hanr
April 28th, 2006, 02:49
dude....that was teh weirdest problem ive had in anything. thanks a LOT. lol. i should get som rest now.wooo.

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 02:55
NP I you need any other help with something just pm me. Have a good night :)

w00t 100th post :p
Hey i'm a DCemu Rookie now. cool :D

hanr
April 28th, 2006, 03:11
another problem. the games dont load. any figure out that problem? it gets ready than says game could not be starred (80020001). can anyone help?

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 03:22
What games?

Ellises
April 29th, 2006, 13:46
I have a quick question, there was never no USA 1.5 firmware update, correct?
So is the firmware update that is available, is this really the Japanese firmware?
Thanks for your time.

Accordion
April 29th, 2006, 19:24
Ellises, the update to download is a japan one
i dont think there is a usa update but im not sure. i live in the UK and the region 2 version of Metal Gear Ac!d(though it isnt region locked) comes with a 1.5 update on the disc, this is extremly strange as uk psps come with 1.52 out of the box. incidently i used that update to downgrade. i guess it's a euro one. it is very possible that a us game has something similar

cclare
April 29th, 2006, 20:07
i'VE GOT A PROBLM PLAYING ON JAMES BOND.i'VE GOT FASTLOADER7,UMU EMULATOR AND MPH 2.00 GAME LOADER FOR1.50 ALSO RUN UMD0.01.01A1 YET IT WON'T EVEN LOAD IT UP IT JUST FREEZES AND TURNS ITSELF OFF?ALSO CAN I STILL PLAY NEW RELEASE GAMES ON MY PSP IF SO HOW?AS I BROUGHT THE GAME TALES OF ETERNIA AGES AGO AND NOW I'VE DOWNGRADED MY PSP TO 1.5 IT WON'T PLAY.I'D BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY REPLY/

Accordion
April 29th, 2006, 20:41
dont talk about ISO use idiot homebrew killer

Jaz
April 30th, 2006, 03:37
I'm about to downgrade two version 2.00 white psps for homebrew use. My question is, can I do this on a Mac?

Ellises
April 30th, 2006, 11:40
I found one USA game that has the 1.5 update on it, Death Jr.

Accordion
April 30th, 2006, 12:25
it should be a usa update on it then, use that to downgrade.
i think that certain games are pressed before the final specs for that region psp are released so an update may appear that shouldn't really

yes you can use a mac to downgrade a psp, all you do is transfer the files over, no programs are used, easiest way is to use PSPSetX through the eboot loader and then run a 1.5 update

grin.ch
May 1st, 2006, 22:59
worked like a champ all 3 times I used it!

Mariopop87
May 2nd, 2006, 23:41
THIS WORKS FOR ALL PSP'S :D Downgrader download at bottom of post.

When you say "ALL", do you mean a 2.60?
'Cause, the overflow thing isn't working

Cooe14
May 3rd, 2006, 02:37
He means "ALL" as in all regions i.e.-1001,1002. He does not mean firmwares.
THIS ONLY WORKS FOR 2.00 NOTHING ELSE.

Rokka
May 3rd, 2006, 13:19
So there is nothing i can do if i have 2.7?

Cooe14
May 3rd, 2006, 20:50
With 2.7 your completly screwed. There is NO way to run homebrew like there was with 2.6 and the GTA exploit, and there is NO downgrader.

Stretch52
May 3rd, 2006, 21:11
How do I downgrade my psp from version 2.60 to 1.50?

Accordion
May 3rd, 2006, 21:17
when will it end
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
you cant
if there is a way, you will know
everyone will know
it will be front page news every where
stop asking
we will tell you

AdultSwim815
May 3rd, 2006, 22:42
I'm currently downgrading my psp, I just started this whole "hacking" scene last night around midnight. It actually was kind of like a kid saying "you can't put sonic on a psp" because he had a palm pilot and thinks it's just awesome where as the psp is 1000x greater than a palm pilot. Anyway I'm at about the last step, just waiting for my psp to reset automatically I installed v1.5 but it still hasn't reset, might just do a hard reset because it's been sitting here like this for ohhhhhhhhh 4 minutes now. But yeah, I'm excited finally I can play other stuff besides Quake, and I shouldn't need gta anymore if I'm thinking correctly which means, I can trade that in, and another psp game and a movie, and get a 1gig (i'm on the 32 still) and just use for emulaters and stuff, that should be enough room for homebrew stuff right? Anyway, I love the site or site that linked me to here, but yeah. Thanks again for the help with downgrading, it went very nice.

Accordion
May 3rd, 2006, 23:14
i thought you were meant to do a hard rest after a few minutes anyway

Mariopop87
May 4th, 2006, 00:36
I upgraded to 2.7... I cant believe the eloader doesnt work...

Well, lets look at the good side, I can watch flash cartoons low in memory via the internet...

saganake
May 6th, 2006, 08:07
i downloaded the d-gen and brown ale eloader when my psp was v2.6 and it was working fine but when i upgrated it to v2.7 it said the data was corrupted but i dont want to downgrade to v1.5 i want to downgrade to v2.6. what do i do?

Cooe14
May 7th, 2006, 04:33
Your out of luck there is NO way to run homebrew and NO way to downgrade on a 2.7. Your just going to have to wait until someone cracks it like they did to 2.6

symm
May 8th, 2006, 03:33
Whats up everyone.. I currently run the eloader on my 2.5 FW. Anyway yet to downgrade it?
Its not 2.7 = Too early? I am afraid to run the downgrader until i hear some info.

Is it worth it? Does Mame have decent speed? That would be nice to have working on eloader.

Help me Pweeze.

Cooe14
May 9th, 2006, 02:01
THERE IS NO DOWNGRADER FOR ANY FIRMWARE HIGHER THEN 2.00 HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THAT. (end of rant)

NeonGenesis
May 9th, 2006, 02:18
The file linked to in the original post is the only 1.5 firmware available at that site. After downloading it and viewing the readme contained in the archive, I noticed it states the firmware to be the Japanese 1.5 version. Is this correct? I am unclear as to whether or not a USA 1.5 firmware update exists, or whether the Japanese firmware is what we're all using for downgrading. Could someone please clarify this for me before I go ahead and downgrade again? Thanks.

Cooe14
May 9th, 2006, 04:51
The Japanese firmware is fine there are no differences all you have to do is change the language to english during the setup. As for a 1.5 USA update it dosen't exist except on a couple of UMD's because all of the US ones came preinstalled with 1.5 already.

Kaiser
May 9th, 2006, 05:11
Yeah the Japanese 1.5 update is fine. It works fine for me anyway.

Accordion
May 9th, 2006, 09:25
yes the jap 1.5 is fine
but it is slightly interesting that both a EURO and USA 1.5 update exist
quite strange
me being paranoid used the 1.5 off my EURO Metal Gear Ac!d
success

Kazuya vs Jin
May 11th, 2006, 21:33
My psp version is 2.7

is it ok to downgrade it to 1.00 to play homebrew games like neogeo games

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 21:36
PLEASE READ THE LAST TWO PAGES i ALREADY STATED THERE IS NO WAY TO DOWNGRADE ANY VERSION HIGHER THAN 2.00 PLEASE LOOK BEFORE YOU POST.

CHEMIE75
May 14th, 2006, 05:47
THIS WORKS FOR ALL PSP'S :D Downgrader download at bottom of post.

EDIT: It seems some anti-virus programs pick up the "downgrader" as a virus. While some hacked versions do indeed contain a virus the real version is still picked up as a virus. Make sure you download the program from here. I assure you this is the official version and contains no real virus. I have tested it my self.~Kaiser

This guide is part of the Emulation/Homebrew Guide Library (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867) But is Kept stickied for easy access

REMEMBER THE DOWNGRADING PROCEDURE IS DANGEROUS. EVEN THOUGH IT HAS BEEN TESTED COUNTLESS TIMES I AM STILL IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED PSP'S DUE TO WRONG PROCEDURE.

The new 2.0 Downgrader for the PSP Is out, Please note that this takes
the current 2.0 Firmware and downgrades it to 1.5 Then you can load
homebrew on your PSP

If you have a 1.51 or a 1.52 you now need to upgrade your psp to a 2.0 in
order for the downgrader to work. This can either be done via the Demo
disc or if you are lucky enough to have WIFI use the update icon on the
psp. Or lastly Download the update and simply use a USB cable to transfer
it onto the psp. Below are the official Links for the Sony Updates Ive
included both JPN/US Update versions.

JPN 2.0 FIRMWARE - here (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/6)
USA 2.0 FIRMWARE - here (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/5)

Ok now assuming that all went well you now have yourself a PSP 2.0 Firmware
What you now need is the MPH Release Downgrader which can be obtained from the bottom of this post. Once you have downloaded this, plug the PSP into the USB cable
and it wouldnt be a bad idea to plug it into the Power point.

Now once you have downloaded the Zip Package and unzipped it with either
windows zip or winrar, winzip etc. the file layout is as follows.

x:/h.bin
x:/index.dat
x:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/eboot.pbp (this is the 1.50 pbp eboot file)
x:/PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif

(Where "x" is the drive your computer has given the Memory Stick)

Firmware V1.5 update eboot (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4)

/!\ MAKE SURE THE PSP IS PLUGGED INTO THE AC ADAPTOR AND 100% CHARGED /!\

Now Exit the USB Mode of the PSP, and goto the PHOTO MENU, this will now
launch the version changer. The PSP Light will go off after the version
changer has done it stuff.
If the PSP does not turn off automatically you can do a hard reset yourself after the required amount of time passes. Wait approx 10-15 seconds and power the PSP back on. Once it is on Enable USB Mode and check to see if the following
file exists.

MEMORYSTICK:/index.dat.bak

IMPORTANT: Please remember that your PSP is still 2.0 but it has been tricked into thinking its actually version 1.0 so you can "upgrade to 1.5"

If so all is well, goto the game menu and Launch the PSP Update and simply
follow the onscreen instructions to update your psp. The update will get to
99% and Fail, No cause for concern this is still correct. The psp will now
do a faily length restart just let it play out. Now one of two things will
happen either the PSP will restart or it will turn off. If the PSP does not turn off automatically you can perform a hard reste to turn it off. After the LED goes off and the psp has turned off.. Wait 10-15 Seconds and power the PSP back on. You now have a 1.50 PSP, Congratulations.

Idon`t if i`m doing something wrong here but when do this and go to the photo menu the overflow.tiff is seen as dmg data. can u tell how and y that is possible i d-loaded it many times now and every time it shows the same.

m0rbidkytten
May 14th, 2006, 14:44
Hey guys, I'm going through downgrading my psp it was a 1.52 updated it to a 2.0 w/o problems. I downloaded the zip file MPHDowngrader and of course my norton detects it as a virus. but its getting a file called pspbricker and removes it? Why is that file in there? the read me in the zip says nothing about a file with that name. Also it says to move the overflow.tif file into photo directory. There is NO overflow.tif in the zip file?
I'm worried that this zip file has been corrupted recently?

Cooe14
May 15th, 2006, 02:03
As long as you download it from the link in the guide your fine the overflow.tiff does not have a virus just disable norton when download it or it will delete the overflow.tiff because it thinks it has a virus in it.

Accordion
May 23rd, 2006, 22:14
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cooe14
May 24th, 2006, 00:14
Wragg needs to make a machine that eats noobs who can't read.

q_man
May 24th, 2006, 01:26
Thanx!!!!

naldar
May 24th, 2006, 01:31
I now have v 2.7 on U.S. PSP and everytime I try this proccess it says the data is corrupted.....

Cooe14
May 24th, 2006, 03:13
I now have v 2.7 on U.S. PSP and everytime I try this proccess it says the data is corrupted.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAKE IT SToP PLEASE!

Accordion
May 24th, 2006, 16:26
what is the title of this thread???
get it

SchmuckofNI
May 26th, 2006, 10:58
I think wrag needs to change his original post and say it will work only with 2.00..

Accordion
May 26th, 2006, 11:58
no the thread is called
2.0 to 1.5 downgrader.
it is pretty obvious what the thread is about
some silly people seem to think that a downgrader whould be kept secret

ultralord
June 1st, 2006, 00:19
hi guys,
This is my first post so be gentle. Just bought my 1.5 om ebay and upgraded it to 2.0 firmware (cos there was a thing that said click here to run update so I did. Now I've read a bit more and decided to go back to a 1.5 but it did not work out quite right so I thought I'd start again by going back up to 2.0. However, it got to 97% complete and froze, so I switched it off after a wee while. Now, when i start it up (with no demo disk in it) it makes a little noise, says the date is 1/6 0:12 and then powers down. Is this dead or can it be fixed? If i start it up with the demo disc in, it seems to launch insofar as it will buzz occasionaly, and will also sometimes actually play the demo disc fine. So whats the story, have i killed it or is their a fix.

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 00:23
Have you tried using the power lead when you turn it on? And where did you download the downgrader from?

ultralord
June 1st, 2006, 00:48
Yes, tried just now with the power lead and no different. When I did the second upgared to 2.0 it was powered up via the usb cable, is that significant? the downloader came from a link off psphacks, the file was called EBOOT_Loader_v_09.zip and i pretty much unzipped it and followed the instrauctions. One other think, every time i booted it up, until I changed the file in the Photo directory, every time i went into the photo directory from the psp, some gameof pong would automatically launch, is this significant as well?

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 00:52
Very significant. that sounds like a dodgy downgrader! Download the downgrader from this website. And the 2.0 and 1.5 update files from the official psp website. And have the power cord in while your doing it. not the usb way! :p

ultralord
June 1st, 2006, 00:59
I'd love to have another go the power chord way- just how do i get the psp started , I have no menu, nothing to choose, it just powers down after 30 seconds?

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 01:10
Try starting the psp without the memory stick in.

ultralord
June 1st, 2006, 01:14
Nope, still no good without the memory stick. It starts, shows the the sony splash screen, then a standard background with the date (1/6) and time. The time is actually corrent, 1:11. Then it goes off a few seconds later.

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 01:16
try taking out the battery and just connect the power lead with the battery out. then turn it on

ultralord
June 1st, 2006, 01:19
Same thing without battery. Powers up, shows date and time, powers down.

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 01:22
it doesnt sound good.

One last idea.. Try starting it with the umd in. let it load for a few seconds and take it out just before it loads. It's a long shot but might work.

ultralord
June 1st, 2006, 01:26
One last idea- does this mean I owe my wee boy a new one?

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 01:33
No! :p

Im just knackered! :p

il have some more idea's for you tomorrow lunchtime!

Or

If your psp's under warranty sony will repair it for you free of charge.

If not sony charge £40-50 to repair it.

Or you can buy a new motherboard.

£50-70

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 01:35
Dont do anything hasty though. I more or less guarantee we will find a solution to your problem, without it involving you dipping into your pocket! :p

When i say we, i mean me and everyone else on dcemu! :p

ultralord
June 1st, 2006, 09:30
Hi, I'm back after a sleepless night. Still no change to the PSP. Plays the demo disk quite happily, but when you home and exit, it just goes black and then powers down. The demo disc is actually the only one that starts poor aol Spiderman just fails to get off the ground at all as does any non-disc start-up.so I am in your hands. As a final fling, if I send it to Sony, what ver will I get back?

Zion
June 2nd, 2006, 13:31
sorry i didnt get back to you yesterday.
my isp's server was down and i was barley able to access the internet.

So if you send it back to sony it's a mystery what firmware you get back.

I have a spare 2.6 motherboard i will sell to you on ebay if you want. it sounds like that downgrader you used has corrupted your flash.

rdoggpmasta
June 3rd, 2006, 05:42
so will it work for v2.6 or not

Cooe14
June 3rd, 2006, 07:42
so will it work for v2.6 or not
NO! Please learn to read before you post!

Kaiser
June 4th, 2006, 20:04
i aint 100% sure i know the important issues about this downgrading stuff so b4 i do it i wanted to know if some fings.

1. can you play iso games on a firmware ver 2.
2. can u play umd games that require ver2 or higher on a ver1.5 and how

1. Thankfully not
2. Yes, through programs like this-->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19885

Kaiser
June 4th, 2006, 20:05
Man the forums are messed my reply to a question si listed before the question... Hopefully Martin will get this sorted out.

dase
June 4th, 2006, 20:38
i aint 100% sure i know the important issues about this downgrading stuff so b4 i do it i wanted to know if some fings.

1. can you play iso games on a firmware ver 2.
2. can u play umd games that require ver2 or higher on a ver1.5 and how

Zion
June 4th, 2006, 20:54
Don't talk about iso's!!!!!:p

dase
June 8th, 2006, 23:59
thanks kaiser, one more question. When you downgrade will you lose everything on your memory card, and is there ne differences between the internet function on ver1.5 to ver2.0

Kaiser
June 9th, 2006, 03:36
thanks kaiser, one more question. When you downgrade will you lose everything on your memory card, and is there ne differences between the internet function on ver1.5 to ver2.0

Your MS will still have the same stuff you had before the downgrade. The only difference lies within the browser abilities. To browse the internet on 1.5 your going to need to emulate firmware 2.0 or browse through Wipeout Pure.

Cooe14
June 9th, 2006, 05:21
Your MS will still have the same stuff you had before the downgrade. The only difference lies within the browser abilities. To browse the internet on 1.5 your going to need to emulate firmware 2.0 or browse through Wipeout Pure.
Just use Links2 to browse the internet.

d21375
June 18th, 2006, 06:23
This has been used on my psp countless times with upgrading and downgrading and i can see no differance in my psp. ALso the 1.50 Firmware link in the tutorial is to a japanese firmware.

Kaiser
June 18th, 2006, 06:55
ALso the 1.50 Firmware link in the tutorial is to a japanese firmware.

It makes no difference in what country the update comes from. They're all the same.

xtntx
June 19th, 2006, 03:56
SO Greate Ma Thnx Alot !!!

I did it :)

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 1.5 V now :) hehe ..

thnx Bro !

hanky
June 19th, 2006, 14:19
Unfortunately I upgraded my psp long ago and it seems there’s no turning back for it, but yesterday a coworker lent me his 1.52 PSP and I’ve just successfully downgraded it!! Its kindda scratched and for some reason the analog stick is stuck hitting down (although to physical contact it doesn’t feel weird at all), so Ill try to talk him into selling it to me :D Thanks a bunch Kaiser !!!

PZP10
June 22nd, 2006, 14:06
If you downgrade the PSP and then upgrade it will it still think that it is 1.5 or will it change to the new version? And if not is there someway to undo the downgradeing after it has been downgraded?
And btw what is the success rate of downgradeing your PSP (don't want it to get ruined). And what does a bricked PSP mean (kinda new into this download things for PSP ^^)

Cooe14
June 22nd, 2006, 19:13
If you downgrade the PSP and then upgrade it will it still think that it is 1.5 or will it change to the new version? And if not is there someway to undo the downgradeing after it has been downgraded?
And btw what is the success rate of downgradeing your PSP (don't want it to get ruined). And what does a bricked PSP mean (kinda new into this download things for PSP ^^) Upgrading a downgraded psp WILL change it's version. Just upgrade if you want to undo it. And if you follow the instructions perfectly I can assure you you won't break your psp. "Bricked" just means broken. THIS ONLY WILL WORK ON A 2.00 PSP NOT ANYTHING HIGHER.

Shrody
June 29th, 2006, 09:32
ok i have a snall problem, i have the psp with 2.01 on it and when i wanna downgrade it , my psp doesnt recognize tie overflow.tif, whats wrong, pliz help :(

Kaiser
June 29th, 2006, 09:50
ok i have a snall problem, i have the psp with 2.01 on it and when i wanna downgrade it , my psp doesnt recognize tie overflow.tif, whats wrong, pliz help :(

Please read a thread before asking a question.

b_simpson1999
July 2nd, 2006, 15:16
hope some1 out there is making one for 2.1 and later versions cos i got 2.7 and didn't find out about homebrew games till i updated it :( plz pm if any1 has made a good downgrader for 2.7 and doesn't use any umd games

bullhead
July 3rd, 2006, 00:48
Crap my psp is staying at the update failed screen!, what do I do?

BL4Z3D247
July 3rd, 2006, 00:49
Crap my psp is staying at the update failed screen!, what do I do?
thats normal, power off ur psp after about a min(thats how long i waited) and the wait another like 15 seconds and turn it back on

bullhead
July 3rd, 2006, 00:51
Oh my god! i thought i bricked it. Its OK

BL4Z3D247
July 3rd, 2006, 00:54
Oh my god! i thought i bricked it. Its OK
haha nah, u gotta read the first page of this thread it says the update comes up as 99% with an error

jackleone
July 3rd, 2006, 02:42
where is the overflow.tiff file?

moomoomoomoo
July 4th, 2006, 10:38
I've noticed a question that people keep asking that never gets answered, and now I have the same problem.

I updated to 2.00, but all I got when I go to the photo viewer is I see the overflow.tif as a Corrupted Data.

Ack! Do I have a misbehaved version of 2.00? Is my PSP just weird? (I downgraded to 1.50 from 2.6 "successfully" but all homebrews were giving me a white with colored bubbles PSP starting screen then freezing. I figured I'd upgrade to 2 then downgrade to 1.5, see if that fixed it.)

bleh. Any ideas?

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 10th, 2006, 06:50
Ok... I've ran into some trouble with the MPH downgrader...

I have placed all of the files into the correct locations "index.dat and h.bin into the root directory, overflow.tif into ms0:\PSP\PHOTO, 1.5 eboot in ms0:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE)...

what happens is, when I push X on the memory stick below the photo icon, the PSP just locks up, freezes, and shuts off. when I reboot, it's still at v2.0... Please help :(

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 11th, 2006, 02:01
Nothing to say? Nobody has ever encountered this problem before? :(

EDIT: NVM, already got help from QJ.net. Thanks for all your help :mad:

Captain
July 12th, 2006, 01:40
I have a V2.01 instead of V2.0. Does this procedure works for 2.01 too? Does anyone downgrade a v2.01 before?

BL4Z3D247
July 12th, 2006, 01:53
for 2.01 u need to upgrade to 2.5 or 2.6 and use the 2.5/2.6 downgrader at www.psp-hacks.com u also need the eloader(super bock) and GTA:LCS(unpatched) for this to even work so before u upgrade make sure u have the unpatched GTA:LCS

MyCatIsaHacker
July 12th, 2006, 11:01
I have double checked Everything the guide has advised, and i have correctly done everything(to my knowlage), but when i try to get the 1.5 ver update, the message "Update not required, you have version 2.00" pops up. any solutions? Post or email me at [email protected] Thanks!:D

BL4Z3D247
July 12th, 2006, 13:01
I have double checked Everything the guide has advised, and i have correctly done everything(to my knowlage), but when i try to get the 1.5 ver update, the message "Update not required, you have version 2.00" pops up. any solutions? Post or email me at [email protected] Thanks!:D
u need to go into photo first to run the downgrader then u run the update when u make sure the downgrader has "tricked" ur psp into thinkin its at 1.0(which its supposed to do) and when u run the update it only goes to 99% then u get an error THIS IS NORMAL just wait like 15 secs after the error message pops up then hard restart ur psp(by holdin the power button for 10 secs) and then turn back on and ur at 1.5 :D

MyCatIsaHacker
July 12th, 2006, 22:36
The problem is when i go into pictures, it freezes the SECOND i hit "x" and i dont get to scroll down to the picture. There is the option "digital camera Photos" and it freezes on that insted of the correct spot. also i cannot restart the psp, it auto restarts and there is no jumbled lettering on the side when it does.

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 13th, 2006, 01:36
try putting another image in your psp that starts with a letter before O, such as A-N. It worked for me, and I got that tip from PSPUpdates, not here, where nobody is.

Vereux0
July 30th, 2006, 03:37
Is it ment to stay on a black screen with numbers to the left...? (at the start)
Cause thats what its doin...!!!
It did that on mine. did it have 3 of each letter?

killsmile
August 12th, 2006, 08:25
I havn't seen anyone else talk about the problem I have and I can't figure out a way to get past it. My problem doesn't really have to do with the actual PSP hardware, its more about my computer. I start by downloading the MPHDowngrader.zip from this site and I open it up. When I try to copy the file h.bin an error message comes up saying "The system cannot find the file specified." and it wont let me copy the file onto my computer or into my PSP. I have used many different programs and many different methods to try and get it out of the zip file with no luck. I have Windows XP and I was wondering if anyone had any idea about this and could maybe try to help me.

JD/
August 18th, 2006, 17:48
I just downgraded even though i already had 1.5 I did it again because i heard there were some problems if you downgraded from 2.6. It was simple thanks to the awesome guide if you have a problem finding the file just disable your antivirus software and any types of firewalls that may stop the files from being copied to the PSP.

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 17:49
Glad you a perfect 1.5 PSP JD/ :)

JD/
August 18th, 2006, 19:18
Glad you a perfect 1.5 PSP JD/ :)
Yea its nice to know that my psp is a perfect 1.5 firmware :). I saw one thread where someone got a partially bricked psp due to unstability of a freshly downgraded 2.6 -> 1.5 :(.

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 19:23
Yeah, we're trying to fix i now... :(
At least his pain made it so you didn't have to go through it. :o

JD/
August 18th, 2006, 20:31
Yea I feel for mr shizzy but atleast hes got his friends PSP on emulted 1.5 firmware I think hell have it fixed soon :)

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 20:33
sweeet goood job wrag

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 19th, 2006, 02:40
if i do have o do a hard reset at any time, what will happen, and what will i have to do after that? sorry, im being really paranoid.

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 02:43
psp_iz_my_system. downgrade. it will ask you to restore default settings. that is normal. just downgrade- there are pretty much NO risks of bricking.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 19th, 2006, 02:52
ok, jeez, i cant do it right now. i still have to go through the proccess of sending my bricked one to sony, getting my new one, and either selling that one on ebay and buying one off of success hk, or convincing the little neighbor girl to trade her 2.0, never been upgraded psp thats barely ever used, for my refurbeshed one from sony. also, video freak, ur thing says dcemu legend, becuse u are. u r like one step below that wraggster dude. u r this website. even since i joined this site, uve always been there to help. i respect u. i know that all sounded REAAAAALLLLY corny.

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 02:56
Yes, it did. I'm flattered...in some creepy way. I hope you get that 2.0 from your neighbor. How old is she?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 19th, 2006, 02:57
lol, i think shes 8

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 02:59
lol, i think shes 8
That shouldn't be too hard then. Give her some crap flash application with the updated one you give her. ;)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 19th, 2006, 03:00
or just buy her a doll and give her some candy :D

bah
August 21st, 2006, 12:56
Thanks for the guide Kaiser, worked a treat!
Only difference for me was that the PSP didnt perform the 'lengthy restart' when the 1.5 update failed at 99%, it just sat there for a while and i hard restarted it.

BaH: Happy now-1.5 user :)

eazy-e
August 22nd, 2006, 02:28
good psp downgrading guide

eazy-e
August 22nd, 2006, 02:31
ok, jeez, i cant do it right now. i still have to go through the proccess of sending my bricked one to sony, getting my new one, and either selling that one on ebay and buying one off of success hk, or convincing the little neighbor girl to trade her 2.0, never been upgraded psp thats barely ever used, for my refurbeshed one from sony. also, video freak, ur thing says dcemu legend, becuse u are. u r like one step below that wraggster dude. u r this website. even since i joined this site, uve always been there to help. i respect u. i know that all sounded REAAAAALLLLY corny.
give her some games with ur psp and i bet she will trade

S-B
August 25th, 2006, 10:26
I have a PSP v2.01, would I have to upgrade to 2.5/6 then downgrade in order to run emulators on my PSP? Or is there a way to run emulators and ROMs without upgrading/ downgrading.

M!ckeY
August 25th, 2006, 10:52
there is a way to run them, just use eloader and copy of an unpatched GTA:LCS :)
or you can just update then downgrade, either way you need the eloader and the GTA game

S-B
August 25th, 2006, 11:01
there is a way to run them, just use eloader and copy of an unpatched GTA:LCS :)
or you can just update then downgrade, either way you need the eloader and the GTA game
Oh awesome, thanks alot for the help.

M!ckeY
August 25th, 2006, 11:10
no problem :)

S-B
August 25th, 2006, 22:54
To save me buying GTA:LCS couldn't I just upgrade to version 2.50 or 2.60 then downgrade to 1.50?

tallica
August 25th, 2006, 23:19
Yes, i have a guide on how to downgrade from 2.5/2.6 in the cheats and guide section, check it out :)

S-B
August 26th, 2006, 02:26
No, I meantt is there any way for me to upgrade to firmware 2.60 and then downgrade to 1.50 without buying GTA:LCS.

slik da relic
August 26th, 2006, 03:01
u never needed a game to upgrade.

da relic

bah
August 27th, 2006, 14:08
No, I meantt is there any way for me to upgrade to firmware 2.60 and then downgrade to 1.50 without buying GTA:LCS.

No, the GTA save-file exploit is the only means of running unsigned code on higher firmwares at the moment, so it's required to enable you to run the downgrading program.

If your downgrading you'll only need it once, so if you have no interest in the game just borrow it from a friend/hire it.

tallica
August 27th, 2006, 14:15
To save me buying GTA:LCS couldn't I just upgrade to version 2.50 or 2.60 then downgrade to 1.50?

Sorry you need GTA for the 2.5/2.6 downgrader, so you will have to rent or borrow it.

bah
September 1st, 2006, 10:14
S-B just wait a bit, looks like we're going to have a no-gta-needed downgrader very soon :)

markbarkins
September 1st, 2006, 18:44
I forgot to plug it into the ac adapter, it told me I had to to update, so I did, hit O, and now it's frozen at a screen that says psp system software 1.50, but no progress bar or failure at 99%. The index.dat.bak was there and I had the 1.5 eboot in place.

The little wavy lines are moving, but that's it. I'm freaking out. I just bought this thing yesterday......I feel like such a noob.

[EDIT]
Okay,

It's ok.

wooh

bog_redblue_lion
September 2nd, 2006, 12:46
Oh, i've just bought a PSP v. 2.0 and i want to downgrade it to 1.5. I make all the things like in the first post, i enter the photo menu, that program starts and then my psp go off. i wait 15 secs and i power it on. Then i go to the game menu and when i enter the update to the 1.5 version it says " The system software on your psp system is version 2.00. There is no need to update." What can i do? I have only the pro evolution soccer 5. Do i need gta liberty city ?

polly
September 4th, 2006, 16:44
Does anyone know why the downgrader says it is a trojan called psp brick?
Anyone tested it on there psp's recently

Broonale
September 5th, 2006, 05:32
My son and I just got back from Zia's Record Exchange.

They had a MINT 2.0 for $140 :eek: :D

I followed your directions(It took two tries) and it is now a happy 1.5 like mine!

We are doing a direct memstick copy of my homebrew rich 2gb to his new 2 gb right now!

THANKS!

bah
September 5th, 2006, 10:34
Does anyone know why the downgrader says it is a trojan called psp brick?
Anyone tested it on there psp's recently

Some antivirus apps pick up the downgrader as a trojan because around the same time there was a fake downgrader that used the same exploit and bricked psps.

I used the download from this thread and had no issues whatsoever so rest assured you can use it without fear of it being a trojan.

If you get the 1.5 firmware via this guide's link, a txt file in the archive says 1.5 update japanese, its all english and works fine.

Prasoc
September 6th, 2006, 00:26
I upgraded to 2.0 and downgraded back to 1.5 TONS of times! The chance of bricking if you do it properly, are sooooooooooo slim, it isn;t even worth counting :)

AlexB123
September 12th, 2006, 23:03
Works like a charm

nicholascoe
October 1st, 2006, 07:58
Every time i download a game and save it to my psp the psp says its corrupt, though it recognises it because it says the name of the game and gives me picture but it doesn't run.

jak66
October 1st, 2006, 09:02
aaaaannnnnnddddd......whats your psp firmware???

KEYBLADE350
October 19th, 2006, 12:06
Hi People! I think I'm doing everything right...but my PSP freezes and shuts off when I get to the step where I need to go into the photo menu.
Please help! :confused:
Oh and by the way,
I had a 1.52 and upgraded to a 2.00

liamthehomebrew
October 29th, 2006, 11:21
i cant do this because i have norton anti virus i have auto protect which i cant turn off and it wont let me copy overflow.tif tomy psp it just blocks it any help please?

splodger15
October 29th, 2006, 11:36
i cant do this because i have norton anti virus i have auto protect which i cant turn off and it wont let me copy overflow.tif tomy psp it just blocks it any help please?

Use the 2.0/2.01 easy downgrader

Tonx_9
November 26th, 2006, 09:18
lol i like putting in late posts lol

lostdanny
January 22nd, 2007, 07:07
WUT THE HELL PPL!!! HELP ME!! i've downloaded all the components needed, such as...the stupid overflow.tif, h.bin, and index.dat files as well as the update. BUT MY DAMN PSP WON'T SHOW THE DAMN .TIF FILE IN PHOTOS EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT THERE! WUT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?! HELP ME!!!!!

dejkirkby
January 22nd, 2007, 07:37
WUT THE HELL PPL!!! HELP ME!! i've downloaded all the components needed, such as...the stupid overflow.tif, h.bin, and index.dat files as well as the update. BUT MY DAMN PSP WON'T SHOW THE DAMN .TIF FILE IN PHOTOS EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT THERE! WUT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?! HELP ME!!!!!

Your anti-virus software is deleting it because it is labelled by Sony as a trojan. Disable your antivirus and download again.

lostdanny
January 22nd, 2007, 09:26
i don't even kno if i have anti-virus software. and it's not deleting it, cuz when i hook up to the computer, it still shows on my comp that the file is there. the file just doesn't appear on my psp under the photo section. weird?

nikitenko91
January 22nd, 2007, 22:11
is their any way i can downgrade from a 3.03 original psp FW to a 1.5 custom 3.03 kernel?

bah
January 23rd, 2007, 01:41
nikitenko91: No, 2.80 is the highest firmware that can be downgraded at the present time.

lostdanny
January 23rd, 2007, 06:40
dude, screw his stupid question. it doesn't even have anything to do with the damn topic. HELP ME! at least my question has to do with me having firmware 2.00.

splodger15
January 23rd, 2007, 16:13
What is your actual question then lostdanny

lostdanny
January 23rd, 2007, 23:30
like i've stated, i have firmware 2.0. i HAD 1.5, but used wabversionchanger to trick my system to be 2.0. or wutever. i tried reverting it back, doesn't work. tried doing a downgrade from 2.0 - 1.5, psp won't recognize the overflow.tif file. doesn't show at all in my photo section. how do i get my psp back to 1.5?

splodger15
January 24th, 2007, 16:07
Have you used Wabversionchanger to change it back to original firmware as it was before.

lostdanny
January 25th, 2007, 02:56
yes i have, when i try to change back to 1.5, it just tells me to push triangle, if i push something else, it tells me to push circle, or square...and it keeps repeating it without changing anything.

splodger15
January 25th, 2007, 16:18
Try updating to 2.01 then downgrading back to 1.50

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 18:57
aaah the old days.

mnuhaily22
June 13th, 2007, 11:32
^^^Good times ha, my friend just got a 1.52, so i'm gonna update it to 2.00, then downgrade it to 1.50, I think that is the safest way...

pt9087
June 13th, 2007, 15:02
Infraction ^^

dave1080
May 28th, 2008, 05:01
I agree, this guide was EXTREMELY HELPFUL, this is now the 5th psp ive downgraded for a friend.... I love sharing the gaming wealth

nhlhockey
February 13th, 2009, 21:40
So I have a japanese 1.50 eboot. My psp is on 2.0 firmware and its from canada. Is using a jpanese 1.50 eboot okay? Or will it cause problems when I run the downgrade?