PDA

View Full Version : Habbo census reveals PS3 to be 'Console of Choice' for teens

wraggster
May 18th, 2008, 10:42
Those enlightened individuals who have experienced the rapidly metastasizing MMO hotel sim/social networking site known as Habbo (formerly Habbo Hotel) are already aware that the community for this "hangout for teens" is sizable, to say the least. Thus, when the Pixelated Nation of Habbonia endorses one of the current-gen consoles as being the "Console of Choice" for the teenaged, it resounds like the voice of a small nation -- albeit a nation of furniture-hording hotel dwellers.

Nearly 57,000 Habbonians took part in the survey late last year, where 69 percent of the pixelated participants gave the PlayStation 3 "great or good" rankings, followed by 64 percent for the Wii, and 58 percent for the Xbox 360. The Global Habbo Youth Survey went on to show that females preferred the Wii and Habbonians located in the Americas were more favorable to the Xbox 360 than their Eastern Hemisphere suitemates. Not exactly new information, but it is an excellent excuse for us to repeatedly type the word Habbonian.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/17/habbo-census-reveals-ps3-to-be-console-of-choice-for-teens/

JKKDARK
May 18th, 2008, 15:56
It is totally wrong. The Wii is owned by all the teens.

mcdougall57
May 18th, 2008, 17:58
yep and I love it a gatherings :)

Elven6
May 18th, 2008, 18:49
Woot the console wars are over! Those 57k will so go out and buy their PS3's on Monday and the PS3 will be NUMBER 1 WOOOT!

I was being sarcastic, its just 57k, compared to the 11 million gap between the PS3 and the 360.

____anders____
May 18th, 2008, 18:57
that is soooooo wrong!

i have a wii and at the end of this month i'm going to buy an XboX 360:)

i gotta have the only two consoles of this generation that is worth having..

sry Sony, but you just didn't make it this time, you got me with the PSX, almost with PS2, but you didn't even come close wih the PS3..

WII and XboX 360 is the way to go!:)

greengorilla5
May 18th, 2008, 19:04
This survey is completely wrong. Most People on Habbo don't even own a console. So it is just surveying some people who DONT HAVE A CONSOLE AND CAN'T BE SURE WITCH CONSOLE IS BEST

Steely
May 18th, 2008, 19:14
lol What's Habbo?

But not only is the a survey, not a census, but it's completely stupid. I'm sure these teens barely play games, and know that PS3 costs more, therefore is better.

sappo
May 18th, 2008, 20:54
Wii60 ftw.

"People say the PS3 sucks. Fine, we'll pay them to say otherwise"

Sony bought them too... So sad...

goshogun1
May 18th, 2008, 20:55
I find this hard to believe, and am thinking the Wii or 360 would be most popular. As a ps3 owner myself, I am very let down by the games selection. Sure, its powerful, and Uncharted rocks, but wheres the games!? Even the PSN store selection is sad. I feel kinda lame buying it for FF XIII and MG IV, but I had to as a fan.
Also, its funny how many articles there were on Google news mentioned this survey, like its proof that sony is winning.:rofl:

sappo
May 18th, 2008, 20:59
I find this hard to believe, and am thinking the Wii or 360 would be most popular. As a ps3 owner myself, I am very let down by the games selection. Sure, its powerful, and Uncharted rocks, but wheres the games!? Even the PSN store selection is sad. I feel kinda lame buying it for FF XIII and MG IV, but I had to as a fan.
Also, its funny how many articles there were on Google news mentioned this survey, like its proof that sony is winning.:rofl:

Sony is truely desperate for anything that will work as advertising for PS3 :D

osgeld
May 18th, 2008, 21:11
yea and when i was a teen i thought the saturn was the console of choice

but my first exposure to it was a "tech of the future" (echo) expo at epcot center

it was a really exciting thing seeing that silver saturn, a dork in a sonic suit and half naked chicks, it really could have been a 2600 sitting there

kjetil1991
May 18th, 2008, 21:58
lol What's Habbo?

But not only is the a survey, not a census, but it's completely stupid. I'm sure these teens barely play games, and know that PS3 costs more, therefore is better.

habo is a web page where you live in hotel kind of boring :p

Bigburito
May 19th, 2008, 04:31
most people who play on habbo hotel are non-gamer pre-teens which pretty much says a certain *hotel* got a little payment from sony for this... also Wii+360=QUANTUM3 and The Conduit! (so most likely PS3 will/is already epicly fail while microsoft hangs on with master chief and good online with The Wii PWNING EVERYONE!:D

cDub
May 19th, 2008, 17:04
Am I the only one who got bored of the Wii? I sold it after only a few months. It turned into an internet device when I realized the games are pretty lame.

icecoolwas
May 19th, 2008, 19:40

no offence or anything but all the teens your thinking of = nerds.

plus they might own one, but not like it.

Time to wait for some nintendo fanboyismish reply.