PDA

View Full Version : PSPDoom?

Kimimoro
September 28th, 2005, 20:27
I downloaded this from this site and I can't work out how to install it on my PSP, I tried copying the files over but it didn't show on the PSP games section. So I have a couple of questions.

How do I install the thing?
Do I need to get the the doom .wad files seperately and if so how do I install them (not asking where to get them)
If I do need the .wads will the shareware doom do?

AJB2K3
September 28th, 2005, 20:35
What version firmware are you using?
Do you have a GAME folder(note case)?

Kimimoro
September 28th, 2005, 21:31
I'm using firmware 1.5 and yeah I have a game folder, I am running a few emulators atm it's just doom that is giving me problems, most likely because I'm doing it wrong hence why I (still) need help.

DDRLord
September 29th, 2005, 15:18
Did you remember to name Doom's folder properly?
I'm pretty sure it has to be DOOM-PSP.
(Though it's been so long since I played it that it's probably not a requirement anymore.)

Kimimoro
September 29th, 2005, 20:07
I've got the program working now, but I have a new question. Is the game supposed to have music? I mean, it has the sound effects of gunshots and things but no music, is this a limitation of the port or are the music files just missing from the wad file that was included?

H3NCH
September 30th, 2005, 19:53
kimimoro i have the same problem as you did how did u solve it

wakeuphater
September 30th, 2005, 20:02
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=41442&postcount=45

Hope that helps you.

H3NCH
September 30th, 2005, 20:16
thx but i dont kno what SE is, is it the same as kxploit? and i dont have a clue what that person talks after he mentions it.

Viper023
September 30th, 2005, 20:24
i have a 1.5 PSP and i wanted to load DOom on to it. The problem is everytime i load doom, a black screen comes up and says:
Game mode indeterminate.
Public Doom -v1.10
V_Init : allocate screens.
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
W_InitFiles: no files found

so then i chcked my files on the psp.
In the GAME folder there is two doom folders, DOOM-PSP and DOOM-P~1%
Inside DOOM-PSP is a SAVE folder and a WADS folder, along with a DOOM1.WAD file, EBOOT.PBP file. Inside the SAVE folder are folders for all the Doom games and SAVE folders inside them. Inside the WADS folder there is a DOOM1.WAD file.

what is worng, please help

H3NCH
September 30th, 2005, 20:27
Join The Club!!!!

parabolee
September 30th, 2005, 20:52
SEI is a tool like PSPBrew, it will help you convert the files into 1.50 EBOOTS.

Shareware Doom is included in the download.

Your setup sounds right to me H3NCH, I suggest you try and re-install it from scratch.

Kimimoro
October 1st, 2005, 08:41
I did it with KXploit like this,

Unzip the doom zip file onto your hard drive
Run KXploit and get it to use the eboot file in the DOOM-PSP directory
this will create a doom-psp and a doom-psp% directories on your memory card.
copy all the files and folders in the DOOM-PSP folder on your hard drive, except the eboot file, into the DOOM-PSP folder on your memory card.

it should now run, but can anyone confirm if it should have sound of not?

H3NCH
October 1st, 2005, 22:37
thx kimimoro but I now have a new problem + its a real tricky 1 i jus found out that i cant play most games on 1.5

H3NCH
October 9th, 2005, 01:26
I jus figured out my problem i swear im a genius