PDA

View Full Version : Conan to offer 250 hours of levelling

Shrygue
May 19th, 2008, 18:59
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=141121)

As covered in our launch event report, Funcom has revealed that it will take around 250 hours of play to reach the level cap of 80 in Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.

Speaking at last week's launch event game director Gaute Godager said, "We have budgeted - because that's what you do, you budget people's time when you make these types of games - a levelling curve which is on average 250 hours of gameplay."

Godager pointed out that for the first three quarters of that curve, levelling will be a lot faster than is common in MMOs - partly so he himself can get some progress in.

"I'm not really a hardcore player, I pretend to be," said Godager. "I said that I want to make a game that I can enjoy. When I sit down for a gaming session, I use two to three hours, and in that time I would like to gain a level."

Age of Conan is out on Friday, and Eurogamer MMO is marking the event with a dedicated Age of Conan week. Stay tuned to find out more about how you'll be spending those 250 hours in Hyboria.