PDA

View Full Version : Doom Instructions?

Privateer
September 28th, 2005, 23:49
So I've downgraded my PSP, used SeiPSP to get emulators on my PSP, and now I find out about PSPDoom. So I download .04, which I assume to be the latest version, and I find that it has unfamiliar content, so I open the readme, and all it says is:

DoomPSP V0.04u1
=============

This is Doom/Doom2 for your PSP.

Whats New?
==========
- No longer requires Doom-PSP directory
- Controls are configurable via config.ini
- Introduced Weapon change bug, does not wrap around from fist.

Thanks to
=========

lantus and all the other open source developers.
A lot of help that was. >_>

I browsed around these forums, through this subforum and the tutorial one, but I couldn't find any tutorial/guide/instructions for getting Doom (preferably Doom 2) on my PSP. Can anyone help out?

ap0calypse
September 29th, 2005, 07:48
Firstly congrats on downgrading your psp! There has been alot of speculation over when, who and how downgrading PSP's will work.

Question: What firmware version did you downgrade to?
Firmware version 1.0 doesn't need the exploit tools(SeiPsp) to run homebrew so I assume you downgraded to version 1.5.

Anyway...

Instructions for doomPSP on a 1.5-
use SeiPsp utility to place seperate eboot files in the game directory
you should get two folders under this directory.
It should look something like this (depends what you name it):
1. PSP\GAME\DOOMPSP - place all your files here
2. PSP\GAME\DOOMPSP% - contains a small seperated eboot file

Under the folder WITHOUT the percent sign (DOOMPSP) place the WADS folder, SAVE folder and the config file you get with the DoomPsp download.

Then place the doom2.wad(full version Doom 2) file in the wads folder and your ready to rock! :D

NOTE: you can leave the doom.wad(shareware version doom) in the wad folder cause it will automatically run the doom2 wad so you might as well take it out (saves space on your memory stick)

Intsructions on Modded Wad Files:
if you want to use modded wad files you need to name them doom2.wad
Read this thread to get it working:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7864&page=7&pp=10

Also you can only run one wad file (unless you have multiple doom ports on the same memory stick) This is something that will hopefully be fixed in the next version of DoomPsp if there is one!

Hope this gets DoomPsp working for you ;)

Privateer
September 29th, 2005, 14:50
Thanks for your help. :] Seem simple enough. I'ma get working on that when I get back from school.

Now, uhh... DOOM-PSP-0[1].04u1.rar actually has another winRAR file in it: Doom-PSP_src.rar. Is this the source or something, and I don't need to worry about it, or what?

And yes, I've got a 1.5. Is there a 1.5>1.0 downgrader too?

ap0calypse
September 30th, 2005, 01:20
Now, uhh... DOOM-PSP-0[1].04u1.rar actually has another winRAR file in it: Doom-PSP_src.rar. Is this the source or something, and I don't need to worry about it, or what?
Yeah, don't worry about this, its just the source code for the doom-psp port. You only need it if you can read and modify it (maybe someone using the source code could figure out how to get the wireless multiplayer going...)

Is there a 1.5>1.0 downgrader too?
Im not sure??? maybe... but it doesn't really matter cause you can run homebrew on a 1.5 anyway!

Privateer
September 30th, 2005, 05:36
=D Works like a charm thanks again.