PDA

View Full Version : emulator aspect ratios?

zackforbing
September 29th, 2005, 08:23
hello everyone, I just wanted to ask a question I've been wondering about ever since I first saw pictures of MAME being run on a PSP in a fraction of the full window size. I know most emulators are emulating games that were originally produced for a 4:3 aspect ratio, while the PSP's screen is 16:9. does anyone know if emulators will eventually be programmed to run in 16:9, or if it's not possible, why not?

DDRLord
September 29th, 2005, 16:16
A lot can be run in different screen resolutions, it just depends on the author.
SNESTyl has plenty of screen modes, ranging from 1:1 (1 pixel on screen for every pixel the SNES would have) to 4:3 (it stretches the image to fit the screen's height, with black bars on the side) and full (stretches the image to the screen's full resolution.)

F34R
September 29th, 2005, 16:27
LIke DDRLord stated, its depends on the support the devs put into their projects. Most of the homebrew apps/emus have options for multiple screen sizes.

zackforbing
October 4th, 2005, 09:12
awesome. I didn't have mine yet (it pays to have a SonyCard credit card, I got my PSP free!)...Unfortunately, when it got here it was 1.52, but thanks to the MPHDowngrader it's now 1.5 :)

I just thought it was kinda dumb to have all that screen and not use it, you know?